Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 152

Thread: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

  1. #11
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,877
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Many of them want a revolution, not just for lawmakers to change their minds on some things. Many want to completely destroy the system as we know it. And these people seem to have a louder voice than the sane ones in the group.
    Ain't you lucky that it's impossible for them to do that.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  2. #12
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Ain't you lucky that it's impossible for them to do that.
    Lucky? Not especially.... I'm entertained though at watching them. Tons of fun.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think the movement's going in the right direction there -- at the government that's let all this happen. Bankers have paid plenty into the coffers on both sides of the aisle. It's time the Occupy movements realise this and direct their efforts where they'll do some good.

    I wish them well in this particular endeavor. Protesting on Wall Street? Notsomuch.
    If you don't mind, what precisely is to be achieved in reforming the legislative process, much less furthering a political position, by storming the State House in Denver, potentially to foment vandalism, using the power of a mob, and causing a scenario for injury regardless ?

  4. #14
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie, in the OP View Post
    [...] This violence has got to stop. [...]
    You have provided no evidence of any violence (except by the police).

    P.R. statements by police spokesmen are not evidence of violence.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Many of them want a revolution, not just for lawmakers to change their minds on some things. Many want to completely destroy the system as we know it. And these people seem to have a louder voice than the sane ones in the group.
    Indeed.




    (Tea Party protester)

  6. #16
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,877

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I don't get how provoking the police to use force like this is suppose to convince lawmakers - or the judiciary - to act.

    Are they going to be like this for the next 10 years? Some of their demands can't possibly happen - even if everyone wanted it to - overnight.
    To really understand what is going on here, you have to look at Adbusters.

    Their goal is the destruction of the capitalist system. They saw what happened in Egypt and are attempting to do the same here. They are using the useful idiots...with their mob dynamics...to promote conflict between the government and the protesters. They WANT it to escalate to the point that people get killed. They think that is the way to bring about the end of capitalism. They WANT the mob to be leaderless so we'll get these violent situations like Denver.

    The media is playing into their hands by focusing on the mob...not those behind the mob.

    I think one of two things will happen:

    1. The useful idiots will get tired of being cold and dirty and will fade away.

    2. Our government will shut down those behind the useful idiots.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #17
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    If you don't mind, what precisely is to be achieved in reforming the legislative process, much less furthering a political position, by storming the State House in Denver, potentially to foment vandalism, using the power of a mob, and causing a scenario for injury regardless ?
    My point is that it makes a heck of a lot more sense to protest to the government that made the abuse possible than it makes to nanny-nanny-booboo on Wall Street. (State government isn't the bad guy here...it's the Fed's...but at least they're getting closer.)
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #18
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    You have provided no evidence of any violence (except by the police).

    P.R. statements by police spokesmen are not evidence of violence.
    Oh, for God's sake. What do you want? Forensics?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #19
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    To those dismissing illegal acts from the protesters I will leave you with a reality check: If the police tell you that you have violated a law and vacate the area, you vacate the area. Failure to follow police commands ends in one of three possibilities 1) you get arrested 2) you get your ass kicked by the police 3) all of the above. The police have a job to do, that is enforce the law and it does not allow for whatever the hell you think passes as moral superiority(hint: You probably don't know what the hell is going on anyway or you would have taken a different route to begin with).

    Next, your ideas do not make you immune to getting your ass kicked by the police and it doesn't dismiss charges......if you remain after a police warning you are wrong, you were actually wrong to begin with which is why you were warned to begin with. Pepper/freeze spray hurts, it's supposed to in order to either surpress the very stupid move of charging at or throwing objects towards police.....we'll call it anti-dummy spray. Less than lethal methods of crowd control such as tear gas, bean bag rounds, and rubber bullets are par for the course when you decide to try and riot, they hurt, they injure, they are supposed to but you complain that they hurt and you know what, we don't care because if you had done what you were told to begin with guess what.....they DON'T get used.....gasp.

    Finally, if you had been in a less free country it wouldn't be simple injury you would be complaining about because they would have used real bullets, chlorine gas, or military vehicles to clear you out, that isn't simple injury......that's DEAD. So maybe.....just maybe stop whining because you are wrong, very wrong, and if you hadn't gone over your freedom of speech line you wouldn't be bleeding.

    Have a nice day.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    I wonder why the US doesn't respond more forcefully. Even the Tea Partiers aren't/weren't this violent. I mean, trying to storm the capitol? Assaulting the police? Fights, public indecency, drugs, where's the limit? Armed revolution? WTF?
    Those people are crazy. They intentionally injured the police and ignored repeated warnings by the police, and because of a few bruises and a few "freedoms" gone, they're complaining.
    Worthless ********ing brats. They should be thankful that the US isn't Iran or North Korea or a ROKMC camp.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •