Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 152

Thread: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I have every problem with them blocking the path of the motorcycle.
    Its unlawful.
    As I said elsewhere I do not know all the facts. Maybe there were legitimate reasons. I believe it to be unlawful to run off protesters.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    As I said elsewhere I do not know all the facts. Maybe there were legitimate reasons. I believe it to be unlawful to run off protesters.
    I believe it is unlawful for protesters to impede traffic.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Was in Denver this weekend and this sh!t go down, albeit from about a block away. I saw the group in front of the steps earlier in the day, who were at the time in a circle in the space around the Capitol, holding signs and chanting. Missed the actual storming of the building.

    Not surprised, honestly. I know Denver cops, they are (mostly) relaxed and fair. A few are dicks, but most see citizens as their neighbors and the people who pay their salaries. I don't feel this is in the same vein as the Oakland police actions. The OWS protesters fncked this on up.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Just to get you up to speed, the Tea Party are the ones wanting to disable/dismantle government using violence.




    OWS are the ones trying to reign in corporate capitalism (greed) using sit-ins.
    This is why even though I agree with many of your points, I can not take you seriously. You do not actually believe in the idea, only politics.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla, replying to Karl View Post
    if what you say is accurate, why was there no violence at the Tea Party rallies?
    Because the capitalists/corporatists agreed with the Tea Partiers. Please note, that for the most part the current violence is being instigated by the police, not the protesters. The protesters are not shooting tear gas, tossing flash bangs, or using batons as gut-probing instruments. Of course, about the third time some cop thumps you on the head with a baton, you may be inclined to thump back (personally my limit is two thumps).

    There was minor violence/civil disobedience at the various townhalls that the Tea Partiers were bused to with GOP PAC money, but that was mostly swept under the carpet. Again, the Tea Party is advocating the corporatist agenda, so there will generally be no mainsteam (corporate-controlled) media condemnation.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I believe it is unlawful for protesters to impede traffic.
    Most likely on city streets. Not through a park.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    As I said elsewhere I do not know all the facts. Maybe there were legitimate reasons. I believe it to be unlawful to run off protesters.
    If they tried to bum rush the Capitol building, that's fair game for cops to bust heads, make arrests and break up the group as a whole. Again, Denver has a few riots under it's belt and cops do what they can do avoid full-on bedlam. When the cops broke up an Iraq War protest back in 2005 in Denver, it was after a few Black Bloc doofuses starting becoming aggressive to cops who were trying to contain a huge crowd. If you know anything about crowd mentality, you know that it only takes a few idiots to incite a crowd of thousands to get stupid. Cops want that danger extinguished ASAP.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    If they tried to bum rush the Capitol building, that's fair game for cops to bust heads, make arrests and break up the group as a whole. Again, Denver has a few riots under it's belt and cops do what they can do avoid full-on bedlam. When the cops broke up an Iraq War protest back in 2005 in Denver, it was after a few Black Bloc doofuses starting becoming aggressive to cops who were trying to contain a huge crowd. If you know anything about crowd mentality, you know that it only takes a few idiots to incite a crowd of thousands to get stupid. Cops want that danger extinguished ASAP.
    That could be the case. I'm not dismissing it.

  9. #99
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Just to get you up to speed, the Tea Party are the ones wanting to disable/dismantle government using violence.



    OWS are the ones trying to reign in corporate capitalism (greed) using sit-ins.
    Aside from the fact that the most violence so far has come from the OWS, do I need to respond with how I disdain the Tea Party as well? For one thing, it is unclear how many of both groups truly want to overthrow the system and start anew. Regardless, once people advocate that removal, violence, or bloodshed and/or get arrested in mass numbers over an immediate situation with a disproportionate response, I think said individuals need to be rebuked. Because of the significant number of people in the OWS getting arrested, having awful rhetoric, yes, I will come against that more.

    Now, stop using that image over and over again. It's hardly proved a point.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 10-30-11 at 10:30 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #100
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Denver Occupy Tries to Storm Capitol - Police use pepper spray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Aside from the fact that the most violence so far has come from the OWS [...]
    That fact is not in evidence.

    The image is a fact. A much more pertinent fact that anything that has been posted 'against' OWS. If facts disturb you, then I suggest a non-debate venue.



    Tea Party protester

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •