Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 204

Thread: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

  1. #161
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Bull****. Even pro OWS propoganda has to admit there is no real message
    Danny Schechter: What Is the OWS Agenda?
    Right now, as for a definitive agenda, action always speaks louder than words.
    ****ing with the police and breaking the law, what a movement.


    Sure is. Why they focus on it, when it's pointless, is telling, no? The fact is that their myriad of messages make no sense, and anyone that has half a brain but WANTS to support OWS, convieniently claims that's not the "Real message". Keep up the denial and rationalization.


    It's people that want some attention. Get in line. Of course, if I have to choose between an ignorant college kid without a clue, and a business person with $20K in contributions to the political process and who is bringing in jobs and pays gobs of taxes to our city, I think I can prioritze my line to put that college kid at the back. Oh wait!!!
    You can cherry pick interviews all you want to try to make your point. But it doesn't distract from the overall fact that OWS has been and still is about the gross entanglement of State and Corporate entities.

    I think most of this sort of attacks on OWS, the zealous and overbearing critique of the people in the movement, is not so much because someone made an intelligent decision about it as much as it is some had preconceived notions of what the crowd is and ran with that. It's disingenuous at best.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #162
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,465

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    How is that "nauseating" many industrial countries have college paid for by the gov...
    And many hard working U.S. citizens:

    1. Pay for school they can afford rather than running up outrageous debt
    2. Pay for it as they go, with you know, hard ****ing work
    3. Accept the responsibility of paying off the debt they themselves promised to pay off.
    4. Focus on a job and working hard rather than university.

    Your response is about as equally unsettling of the stomach as the video.

  3. #163
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    And many hard working U.S. citizens:

    1. Pay for school they can afford rather than running up outrageous debt
    2. Pay for it as they go, with you know, hard ****ing work
    3. Accept the responsibility of paying off the debt they themselves promised to pay off.
    4. Focus on a job and working hard rather than university.

    Your response is about as equally unsettling of the stomach as the video.
    Sooo you didnt really answer the question.. You just put your spin on it.. While as you say "you can work hard as **** to pay it off" you still wont pay it off. Be realistic. It will take a very long time to pay it off.
    But why is it "nauseating"?


  4. #164
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You can cherry pick interviews all you want to try to make your point. But it doesn't distract from the overall fact that OWS has been and still is about the gross entanglement of State and Corporate entities.

    I think most of this sort of attacks on OWS, the zealous and overbearing critique of the people in the movement, is not so much because someone made an intelligent decision about it as much as it is some had preconceived notions of what the crowd is and ran with that. It's disingenuous at best.
    Interesting that I haven't seen the OWS crowd protesting Solyndra losses or crony capitalism in industries that these fringe groups support. Here is another one where the silence is deafening.

    Jobs Panel Member Whose Solar Firm Won Loan Guarantees Raises 'Conflict Of Interest' Concerns | Fox News

  5. #165
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting that I haven't seen the OWS crowd protesting Solyndra losses or crony capitalism in industries that these fringe groups support. Here is another one where the silence is deafening.

    Jobs Panel Member Whose Solar Firm Won Loan Guarantees Raises 'Conflict Of Interest' Concerns | Fox News
    I think it all sort of goes hand in hand. The overall contention is extreme and gross mixing of State and corporate interests and that would speak to any and all such cases.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #166
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,465

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You can cherry pick interviews all you want to try to make your point. But it doesn't distract from the overall fact that OWS has been and still is about the gross entanglement of State and Corporate entities.
    Someone reporting on OWS is cherry picking, but your own personal take on the matter isn't? Please tell me your argument rests on something more substantial, because on most other issues you don't exhibit this sort of bad argumentation. Is it because anti-authority is so near and dear to you (in the sig even) that you get a little blinded when it comes to such issues? That's pure speculation...I could understand that at least, I can't understand your defense of your cherry-picked claim of their agenda vs their own...(or lack therof)

    I think most of this sort of attacks on OWS, the zealous and overbearing critique of the people in the movement, is not so much because someone made an intelligent decision about it as much as it is some had preconceived notions of what the crowd is and ran with that. It's disingenuous at best.
    B.S. 99% vs 1% was not preconceived by opponents, but specifically conceived of by, and marketed by, OWS. As part of the 1%, I'm on that **** list of theirs, and saying that's disingenous in light of that, is absurd.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,465

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Sooo you didnt really answer the question.. You just put your spin on it.. While as you say "you can work hard as **** to pay it off" you still wont pay it off. Be realistic. It will take a very long time to pay it off.
    For who? I paid off $6K in debt after 3 years. My wife paid her $30K in 4 years. Like the responsible mother****ers we are.

    But why is it "nauseating"?
    Protesting to get out of paying what you promised to pay back, is nauseating. Nausea is a physical response, I can only relate to you the feeling of the impending desire to throw up on people who claim such nonsense. I think the reasoning behind opposing kids that want their debt to be wiped clean, is a lot more compelling however.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Someone reporting on OWS is cherry picking, but your own personal take on the matter isn't? Please tell me your argument rests on something more substantial, because on most other issues you don't exhibit this sort of bad argumentation. Is it because anti-authority is so near and dear to you (in the sig even) that you get a little blinded when it comes to such issues? That's pure speculation...I could understand that at least, I can't understand your defense of your cherry-picked claim of their agenda vs their own...(or lack therof)
    It came from watching the whole. Seeing what they are protesting, what they are saying. There's plenty of dumb people there and you can interview them, put up the videos to try to pain the whole movement like such. But if you view the whole, I think it becomes very obvious as to what is being protested.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    B.S. 99% vs 1% was not preconceived by opponents, but specifically conceived of by, and marketed by, OWS. As part of the 1%, I'm on that **** list of theirs, and saying that's disingenous in light of that, is absurd.
    No, you choose to view the protesters as dirty hippies who want something from nothing and then go from there. That's what a lot of these sorts of attacks boil down to; they have a preconceived notion of the people protesting and aim to protect that. It's not worth trying to hide, I know these forms of arguments well. They're essentially my entire argument against Boulder.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #169
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,465

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting that I haven't seen the OWS crowd protesting Solyndra losses or crony capitalism in industries that these fringe groups support. Here is another one where the silence is deafening.
    I agree. It's like losers wanting to change the rule when they are losing. It's OK to want government to wipe student debt clean and violate taxpayers up and down, it's OK to funnel money into environmental contracts because those we AGREE with, etc. But to help bring that company into our state rather than another state? Oh no, we must protest...but wait, we want those jobs, can we both kick the corporation out of our state, and keep the jobs they offer? dur.

  10. #170
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    I agree. It's like losers wanting to change the rule when they are losing. It's OK to want government to wipe student debt clean and violate taxpayers up and down, it's OK to funnel money into environmental contracts because those we AGREE with, etc. But to help bring that company into our state rather than another state? Oh no, we must protest...but wait, we want those jobs, can we both kick the corporation out of our state, and keep the jobs they offer? dur.
    funneling taxpayer money to projects that provide jobs is absolutely NOT the same as forgiving student debt. imo, student debt should not be forgiven. these people knowingly entered into contracts and since they are college educated should have known the **** better than to get into debt so deep they can't out. the only reason i support any kind of homeowner bailout is mass foreclosure hurts others besides just the homeowners who can't pay their mortgages. pay your freaking bills.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •