Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 204

Thread: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

  1. #111
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,585

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    When people were trashing the Tea Party because of a couple of racist assholes at the rally's, were you right there with them accusing the Tea Party of being racist as a whole? It all boils down to making broad generalizations. In this case, you are doing it by using guilt by association. If you truly gave a **** about being honest and having integrity, you would treat both sides equally. However, you have a partisan agenda, just like most people do. So yes, you did miss the point. And no, I'm not going to provide a list of radicals that were associated with the Tea Party because I don't give enough of a **** about it. I don't want to sink to your level and pretend that I actually care about being honest and having integrity, when it's really about bolstering my own partisan agenda.
    The occupiers are doing a fine job of reinforcing those generalizations, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #112
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Questionable groups? LOL, did you even read the list and check out the references where those groups gave speeches of support? It isn't a small list nor is it what any true American would call a "good" group supporting another misguided movement all in an attempt to destroy the U.S. Private sector economy. What exactly do all these groups and individuals have in common?
    Well that was a nice little rant, but since you quoted my post and didn't answer my question I'll ask you point blank again

    So if questionable groups or people support a movement, anyone still taking part in said movement is indicating they have no problem with those groups or people? That's your view point?

    I'm not fan of the OWS movement, but I'm not going to jump around and hoot and hollar in a "smear by association" campaign against them anymore than I did when the liberals tried that kind of thing towards the tea party. There are plenty of substantitive things to disagree with OWS about without having to go "They're bad becuase [x] also supports it"

  3. #113
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    I'm part of that "47%", and I'm still not part of the OWS crowd because I see their methods as pointless and unproductive. In fact, more than anything, they are simply wasting taxpayer money without providing any real solutions to the problems.

    As I've been saying for a few days now, complaints are fine as long as with those complaints you include some honest, reasonable, and workable solutions to each specific problem. Just complaining about general problems and offering overly simplified or unrealistic solutions is not helping and just makes a person look like a whiner.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #114
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If you don't give a **** about it then you are part of the problem not part of the solution.
    Coming from you, I'm completely fine with that.

    I am waiting for that proof of hypocrisy. I have no use for any of those individuals or groups because they all have the same goal in life, to destroy the American economy and thus the free enterprise, capitalistic economy. That is what made this country great so if you don't condemn the groups and their activities then you are indeed part of the problem.
    I don't condemn those groups because I don't care enough to. They have nothing to do with me. I also support freedom of speech.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Wait so does that mean that I can also associate other people on your list with each other? How about the Nazi Party? Since Obama is on that list does it mean that he's a nazi? Or since Communists are on that list, does it mean that Nazis are Communists? What about the Black Panthers and the Nazis? It doesn't seem to me like they would get along too well, but there they are. So they must share the same ideology if they would both support the OWS. Actually, let's look at it this way; since some men and women support the OWS as well does that mean that we are all Nazi Communist Black Panther Islamists? Good lord, we must kill ourselves to rid ourselves of this evil!!!11
    What it means is all those individuals and groups have basically the same ideology that the American free enterprise and capitalistic system is wrong and has to be destroyed. All members of that list promote a large central govt. and govt. control of production with a massive central govt. in control of all basic needs of the American people. If you cannot see that then you are out of touch with reality.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Well that was a nice little rant, but since you quoted my post and didn't answer my question I'll ask you point blank again

    So if questionable groups or people support a movement, anyone still taking part in said movement is indicating they have no problem with those groups or people? That's your view point?

    I'm not fan of the OWS movement, but I'm not going to jump around and hoot and hollar in a "smear by association" campaign against them anymore than I did when the liberals tried that kind of thing towards the tea party. There are plenty of substantitive things to disagree with OWS about without having to go "They're bad becuase [x] also supports it"
    Such is life, you are who you associate with and if you bury your head in the sand then you are guilty by lack of interest.

  7. #117
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I'm part of that "47%", and I'm still not part of the OWS crowd because I see their methods as pointless and unproductive. In fact, more than anything, they are simply wasting taxpayer money without providing any real solutions to the problems.

    As I've been saying for a few days now, complaints are fine as long as with those complaints you include some honest, reasonable, and workable solutions to each specific problem. Just complaining about general problems and offering overly simplified or unrealistic solutions is not helping and just makes a person look like a whiner.
    Protests on either side rarely result in any concrete or practical solutions. I think people protest because it makes them feel like they have a voice. I don't foresee any group bending to the will of the people over a protest, so it is essentially pointless.

  8. #118
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,878

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    My point which you seemed to miss, is anyone can claim they do anything which supports their point. You may or may not be what you say... my second point was the military is not picnic either, which you seemed to dismiss as hard work. What I claim to do or not do is irrelevant for the same reason I stated: anyone can do anything that supports their point.
    OK, yeah. For as much as I diss TD for his constant horn-tooting, I guess I should have realized what you were saying.

    GIs work pretty hard, mostly depending upon what field they stick you in after they tell you that a recruiter can't place you in a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  9. #119
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What it means is all those individuals and groups have basically the same ideology that the American free enterprise and capitalistic system is wrong and has to be destroyed. All members of that list promote a large central govt. and govt. control of production with a massive central govt. in control of all basic needs of the American people. If you cannot see that then you are out of touch with reality.
    All of those groups have basically the same ideology? Are you ****ing kidding me?



    You really need to do some research on some of those groups.

    Just because you don't agree with their viewpoints doesn't mean that they are all out to destroy America.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Coming from you, I'm completely fine with that.



    I don't condemn those groups because I don't care enough to. They have nothing to do with me. I also support freedom of speech.
    LOL, so since you don't see an apparent problem for you then it isn't a problem in reality? You don't care enough because? You think that OWS represents the best America has to office? What is their "beef?" Seems you have a choice you either recommit yourself to personal responsibility and individual rights to wealth creation or your silence gives these people the support they need to destroy our economic system

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •