Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 204

Thread: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

  1. #101
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,878

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    So because you say you are a framing carpenter that's supposed to give you cred on the interwebz? Lots of people work hard - the military's no free lunch either, neither is picking vegetables as an immigrant, or being a small farmer, or a thousand other jobs.
    I was a framing carpenter, up until the illegal Mexicans took over the trade. I certainly don't want cred on the interwebz. Will aimed the "you need to work hard" statement at me. I just wanted him to know that I'm no stranger to hard work. What do you do for work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  2. #102
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, I didn't miss the point and look forward to you posting a corresponding list of radicals that supported the T.E.A. Party opening and in the media?
    When people were trashing the Tea Party because of a couple of racist assholes at the rally's, were you right there with them accusing the Tea Party of being racist as a whole? It all boils down to making broad generalizations. In this case, you are doing it by using guilt by association. If you truly gave a **** about being honest and having integrity, you would treat both sides equally. However, you have a partisan agenda, just like most people do. So yes, you did miss the point. And no, I'm not going to provide a list of radicals that were associated with the Tea Party because I don't give enough of a **** about it. I don't want to sink to your level and pretend that I actually care about being honest and having integrity, when it's really about bolstering my own partisan agenda.

  3. #103
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Depends... how do you think I meant "Sweet List"?
    Seems to me you meant it in that you were excited that there was a list of groups of questionable character who supported OWS which you believe will hurt confidence in OWS. Essentially, I think you meant it as a cheer in support of guilt by association tactics.

    Second... I don't remember a list of associations with the Tea Party - could you remind me when/if that happened?
    Thanks for the intentional obtuse and oblivious response Ockham. I seem to remember me stating "Type of response" not "exact response" in my post, did I not? I never suggested there was a list posted in the exact same fashion. I suggested that the tactic....pointing out groups or people who supported the Tea Party as a means of insulting, degrading, and questioning the legitimacy of the Tea party was done routinely with them and I never seemed to see you shouting out with glee at the attempts of guilt by association tactics in those instances.

    Third ... my point was and still is, OWS and the TP are not for the same things. As far as I can tell, there are possible 2 issues which they agree on. My comment is very much identifying a political and strategic play being made to tie the two together to give credibility to OWS, which I find amusing.
    Really, that's your point? Because your first sentence had nothing to do with that.

    It doesn't bode a lot of confidence in OWS actually
    Actually, the very fact that your next line is going "...or the attempt to give credibility" seems to suggest that your first line was decidingly NOT about the attempt to compare the two. So ONE of your points may've been about suggesting OWS and the TP as the same thing is wrong, which I agree with. But ONE of your points was also suggesting that because questionable people support OWS that it should cause one to question the confidence in the movement....yet when Racists or Birther's supported the Tea Party I never heard you suggest that was something that didn't bode a lot of confidence for that group. On the contrary, I seem to remember...perhaps I'm wrong, you can correct me...that you were one to argue that you can't judge the entire movement based on individual parts.

    What part is confusing you Zyph? I'll be glad to clear it up for you.
    None of those parts are confusing me Ockham, though based on the fact you didn't seem to remember the points you made in your very own post perhaps its not I that am confused.

  4. #104
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    I was a framing carpenter, up until the illegal Mexicans took over the trade. I certainly don't want cred on the interwebz. Will aimed the "you need to work hard" statement at me. I just wanted him to know that I'm no stranger to hard work. What do you do for work?
    My point which you seemed to miss, is anyone can claim they do anything which supports their point. You may or may not be what you say... my second point was the military is not picnic either, which you seemed to dismiss as hard work. What I claim to do or not do is irrelevant for the same reason I stated: anyone can do anything that supports their point.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is a "Sweet List" in that it points out the hypocrisy of those involved in the OWS rallies in that they have no problem being associated with those groups.
    So if questionable groups or people support a movement, anyone still taking part in said movement is indicating they have no problem with those groups or people? That's your view point?

  6. #106
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    When people were trashing the Tea Party because of a couple of racist assholes at the rally's, were you right there with them accusing the Tea Party of being racist as a whole? It all boils down to making broad generalizations. In this case, you are doing it by using guilt by association. If you truly gave a **** about being honest and having integrity, you would treat both sides equally. However, you have a partisan agenda, just like most people do. So yes, you did miss the point. And no, I'm not going to provide a list of radicals that were associated with the Tea Party because I don't give enough of a **** about it. I don't want to sink to your level and pretend that I actually care about being honest and having integrity, when it's really about bolstering my own partisan agenda.
    I look forward to seeing the list of radicals that supported the T.E.A. Party opening in public like the radical group supporting OWS. Thanks in advance. Your outrage over posting the list of radicals against OWS is nothing more than an attempt to divert. What you want to ignore are those radicals because you know the harm it does to the OWS radicals.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So if questionable groups or people support a movement, anyone still taking part in said movement is indicating they have no problem with those groups or people? That's your view point?
    Questionable groups? LOL, did you even read the list and check out the references where those groups gave speeches of support? It isn't a small list nor is it what any true American would call a "good" group supporting another misguided movement all in an attempt to destroy the U.S. Private sector economy. What exactly do all these groups and individuals have in common?

  8. #108
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I look forward to seeing the list of radicals that supported the T.E.A. Party opening in public like the radical group supporting OWS. Thanks in advance. Your outrage over posting the list of radicals against OWS is nothing more than an attempt to divert. What you want to ignore are those radicals because you know the harm it does to the OWS radicals.
    I'm not going to provide a list of radicals because I don't give a **** about it. I don't give a **** about the list of radicals you provided, because I don't care about the OWS, nor do I give a **** about any list about the Tea Party because I don't care about them. If you had read my post you would see this. The only outrage stems from your partisan hypocrisy.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I'm not going to provide a list of radicals because I don't give a **** about it. I don't give a **** about the list of radicals you provided, because I don't care about the OWS, nor do I give a **** about any list about the Tea Party because I don't care about them. If you had read my post you would see this. The only outrage stems from your partisan hypocrisy.
    If you don't give a **** about it then you are part of the problem not part of the solution. I am waiting for that proof of hypocrisy. I have no use for any of those individuals or groups because they all have the same goal in life, to destroy the American economy and thus the free enterprise, capitalistic economy. That is what made this country great so if you don't condemn the groups and their activities then you are indeed part of the problem.

  10. #110
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Questionable groups? LOL, did you even read the list and check out the references where those groups gave speeches of support? It isn't a small list nor is it what any true American would call a "good" group supporting another misguided movement all in an attempt to destroy the U.S. Private sector economy. What exactly do all these groups and individuals have in common?
    Wait so does that mean that I can also associate other people on your list with each other? How about the Nazi Party? Since Obama is on that list does it mean that he's a nazi? Or since Communists are on that list, does it mean that Nazis are Communists? What about the Black Panthers and the Nazis? It doesn't seem to me like they would get along too well, but there they are. So they must share the same ideology if they would both support the OWS. Actually, let's look at it this way; since some men and women support the OWS as well does that mean that we are all Nazi Communist Black Panther Islamists? Good lord, we must kill ourselves to rid ourselves of this evil!!!11

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •