Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 562

Thread: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

  1. #451
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    If that is true, then you should have no trouble producing them... keeping in mind that it is incumbent upon you to prove your point, not for others (me) to do it for you.

    In fact, your news reports are actually reports of reports. Second-hand information. Hearsay. Someone said... according to reports... some are saying.... etc. According to (insert Rupert Murdoch media outlet name here). Who are the eyewitnesses? Unknown. Or none. Vapor. Vapid as well, I'd venture.
    All kidding and debate aside, I'm pretty amazed by the vitriol developing BASED on weak evidence.

    I can't believe the amount of "wiggle words" being thrown about. "Somebody said" elevated to gospel. "(Unnamed) police spokesman says" is Gods truth.

    I can't find any follow up to the story about the 19 year old, for instance. Just the initial report and a bunch of citations of the original story. I'm not denying or defending anything. It just seems like national news, and I can't find a single link to a msm account. Just the one local story.
    Surely fox did a report, right? CNN? Please, if anyone posted further information, just tell me the thread and who posted it and i'll gladly look.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  2. #452
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine, replying to haymarket View Post
    [...] Your acting like a defense attorney who attacks each point of evidence as something independent and not taking the whole picture into account. [...]
    I have been called many things by many people. That is lower than low. I have no comeback to such a slur.
    John Adams, 2nd President of these United States to be, and founding father, acted as defense attorney for the British soldiers charged in the Boston Massacre.

    I'd say you've been placed in good company

  3. #453
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    John Adams, 2nd President of these United States to be, and founding father, acted as defense attorney for the British soldiers charged in the Boston Massacre.

    I'd say you've been placed in good company
    Thanks Karl. I was being a wiseguy and trying to get a laugh. Some defense attorneys are my personal heroes - Clarence Darrow for one, William Kuntsler for another.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #454
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Well... I have photographs, news articles, and videos that show my positions.

    You have.......... Doubt and Conspiracy Theories.
    Both of the false stories I referred to were presented as factual here and debunked.

    The provocateur was also self admittedly trying to make the protesters look bad.

    And how exactly would one prevent a movement from gaining legitimacy than to seek out anything negative and broadcast it. With more than one example of deliberate attempts to smear OWS having already been exposed, claiming "conspiracy nut" doesn't fly anymore.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #455
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    All kidding and debate aside, I'm pretty amazed by the vitriol developing BASED on weak evidence. [...]
    All kidding and debate aside, I'd say the vitriol was in place well before any 'evidence' was produced. The right will tolerate no assault on unfettered capitalism, even though they are, for the most part, arguing against their own self-interest. As the Tea Party politicians in Congress have clearly shown, the 'new' right is willing to destroy the economy in order to protect (what they think is) capitalism. Go figure

  6. #456
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Thanks Karl. I was being a wiseguy and trying to get a laugh. [...]
    I figured as much, but couldn't resist the opportunity to show off that particular tidbit of encyclopedic knowledge. Ssssh, let's not tell anyone

  7. #457
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    All kidding and debate aside, I'm pretty amazed by the vitriol developing BASED on weak evidence.

    I can't believe the amount of "wiggle words" being thrown about. "Somebody said" elevated to gospel. "(Unnamed) police spokesman says" is Gods truth.

    I can't find any follow up to the story about the 19 year old, for instance. Just the initial report and a bunch of citations of the original story. I'm not denying or defending anything. It just seems like national news, and I can't find a single link to a msm account. Just the one local story.
    Surely fox did a report, right? CNN? Please, if anyone posted further information, just tell me the thread and who posted it and i'll gladly look.
    Yes, because if National News didn't report it..... It didn't happen

    Hint/Tip: All sexual assault crimes are not national news.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #458
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yes, because if National News didn't report it..... It didn't happen

    Hint/Tip: All sexual assault crimes are not national news.
    Half the time they don't make the local cut due to privacy issues, as personal as a crime as it is I don't blame the victims for not signing a release.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    All kidding and debate aside, I'd say the vitriol was in place well before any 'evidence' was produced. The right will tolerate no assault on unfettered capitalism, even though they are, for the most part, arguing against their own self-interest. As the Tea Party politicians in Congress have clearly shown, the 'new' right is willing to destroy the economy in order to protect (what they think is) capitalism. Go figure
    Care to back up your hilarious statements with evidence?

  10. #460
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Care to back up your hilarious statements with evidence?
    In order to not waste bandwidth, nor waste the time of those capable of critical thought, I don't explain the obvious.

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •