Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 562

Thread: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

  1. #441
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Because they are all over the news. You can read them for yourself.
    He doesn't believe anything police officers say, it seems.


  2. #442
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Because they are all over the news. You can read them for yourself.
    If that is true, then you should have no trouble producing them... keeping in mind that it is incumbent upon you to prove your point, not for others (me) to do it for you.

    In fact, your news reports are actually reports of reports. Second-hand information. Hearsay. Someone said... according to reports... some are saying.... etc. According to (insert Rupert Murdoch media outlet name here). Who are the eyewitnesses? Unknown. Or none. Vapor. Vapid as well, I'd venture.

  3. #443
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    These news stories, pictures and videos have been posted all of this forum, Karl. You choose to not believe anything negative about these protests. Why is that?


  4. #444
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    He doesn't believe anything police officers say, it seems.
    Police (spokesmen) are the bastion of honesty in rightwingland? To be believed without question? Hmmm.....


    Abner Louima (b. 1966 in Thomassin, Haiti) is a Haitian who was assaulted, brutalized and forcibly sodomized with the handle of a bathroom plunger by New York City police officers after being arrested outside a Brooklyn nightclub in 1997.

    Abner Louima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  5. #445
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    *facepalms*

    I give up.


  6. #446
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Now it is my turn to play the "no evidence" game.

    Where is your evidence that others are using any tactics to silence you? No evidence?
    You are the one hurling around allegations with only hearsay evidence. You have posted images that could have been taken ANYWHERE. We have already seen on this sitw a picture saying "**** the troops" from a protest in 2007, presented as being from OWS.

    And another "piece" presented as discovered recently, the contents of which has been floating around for years.

    And don't forget the admitted provocateur from the Smithsonian incident.

    And Rep Kings plain language instruction to not allow the movement to gain legitimacy.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #447
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    These news stories, pictures and videos have been posted all of this forum, Karl. You choose to not believe anything negative about these protests. Why is that?
    Strawman. I refuse to believe secondhand stories... especially when there is a concerted effort (police, gov't, GOP) to discredit and demean the protestors on what I consider to be partisan grounds. Your mileage may vary (in other words, you may want to uncritically believe things like "I say that so and so said something, which was based on what someone else supposedly said, so it all must be accurate and true).

    The pictures show, recently, graffiti and a portable fence being overturned... the latter probably after police provocation. In your opinion, these are crimes worthy of tear gas, flash bangs, and fractured skulls?

    The videos show, for the most part, assaults by the police -- so you might want to revisit that part of your argument.


  8. #448
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    *facepalms*

    I give up.
    As a student of debate, as well as logic, I'd say that you never started

  9. #449
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    You are the one hurling around allegations with only hearsay evidence. You have posted images that could have been taken ANYWHERE. We have already seen on this sitw a picture saying "**** the troops" from a protest in 2007, presented as being from OWS.

    And another "piece" presented as discovered recently, the contents of which has been floating around for years.

    And don't forget the admitted provocateur from the Smithsonian incident.

    And Rep Kings plain language instruction to not allow the movement to gain legitimacy.
    Well... I have photographs, news articles, and videos that show my positions.

    You have.......... Doubt and Conspiracy Theories.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #450
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,776

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    from Caine to me

    Your acting like a defense attorney who attacks each point of evidence as something independent and not taking the whole picture into account.
    I have been called many things by many people. That is lower than low. I have no comeback to such a slur.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •