Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 562

Thread: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

  1. #421
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If someone graffitis up a sign where it cannot be read, and then someone who doesn't already know that rule at the intersection goes through it and causes a crash................................

  2. #422
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Then why is your uncaptioned image hosted on a San Antonio website? How are we supposed to know that your picture was taken in Oakland? Because you say so?

    And have you ever heard of hotlinking? I believe that is illegal (bandwidth theft)... which, according to your own posts, makes you a criminal, does it not?

    Inline linking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Now you are just trolling.

    So if an image hosted on the New York Times for their reporting purposes is a picture capturing something that happened in Washington DC its not trustworthy?

    You surely are a genius..
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #423
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,367

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    How are we supposed to know that your picture was taken in Oakland? Because you say so?
    Protests against Wall Street - USATODAY.com Photos


  4. #424
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,367

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Why is it that some people refuse to believe what's right in front of their eyes?


  5. #425
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine, replying to another View Post
    Now it is my turn to play the "no evidence" game.

    Where is your evidence that others are using any tactics to silence you? No evidence?
    Evidence of a protester being silenced:




    In this Oct. 25, 2011 photo, 24-year-old Iraq War veteran Scott Olsen lies on the ground bleeding from a head wound after being struck by a projectile during an Occupy Wall Street protest in Oakland, Calif. Olsen suffered a fractured skull while marching with other protesters attempting to reestablish a presence in the area of the disbanded camp, said Dottie Guy, of the Iraq Veterans Against the War. Police Chief Howard Jordan says an internal review board and local prosecutors have been asked to determine if officers on the scene used excessive force. (AP Photo/Jay Finneburgh)

    24-year-old Iraq War veteran Scott Olsen | Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, North Dakota

  6. #426
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Why is it that some people refuse to believe what's right in front of their eyes?
    Why should anyone believe what some anonymous poster puts up on the internet, sans any link or explanation of the source? Do you, like right wing talk media in general, really expect everyone to be stupid? Obama really is a Muslim born in Kenya, right?

    Furthermore, given the perfect lighting and timing of that photo, do you really think it was spontaneous rather than staged?

    Lastly, who cares about an isolated incident of graffiti? Is that just cause for skull fractures in your opinion?

    In this Oct. 25, 2011 photo, 24-year-old Iraq War veteran Scott Olsen lies on the ground bleeding from a head wound after being struck by a projectile during an Occupy Wall Street protest in Oakland, Calif. Olsen suffered a fractured skull while marching with other protesters attempting to reestablish a presence in the area of the disbanded camp, [...]

    Iraq war veteran injured at Occupy Wall Street event spent day at work, nights at protest | Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, North Dakota
    Is there any level of violence at all that the right wing will eventually say is excessive?
    Last edited by Karl; 10-30-11 at 07:42 PM.

  7. #427
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Evidence of a protester being silenced:
    Im still waiting for evidence of the intent to cause that harm.

    Besides, he had an opportunity to disburse as ordered by police and go home to come back at 6am and protest some more....

    He chose to try to RE-OCCUPY an area and get severely injured in the process.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #428
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    Can you provide a specific example of how protesters are endangering non-protesters?
    Can you point me to the specific right of others their actions are somehow inhibiting?
    That's all I've been talking about. I don't have any names but there have been reports of obstruction, rape, fighting, blocking traffic, camping, public urination, public defication, littering, people are creating fire hazards. These are all documented incidences.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #429
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,367

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Why should anyone believe what some anonymous poster puts up on the internet, sans any link or explanation of the source? Do you, like right wing talk media in general, really expect everyone to be stupid?
    You're hopeless.


  10. #430
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Injured vet spent day at work, nights at protest - San Antonio Express-News


    This is where I got most of those images....


    Note: The tone of the Actual Article is quite supportive of the Injured Veteran.........

    But the photo slideshow attached to the article still shows many incidents of vandalism and other criminal activity.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •