Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 562

Thread: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

  1. #361
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    While I don't think you have any evidence to support any claim you just made... How about answering 2 questions for me:

    1. Why did the police not help the injured individual in question?
    2. Is it acceptable to set off a concussion grenade near an injured citizen?
    A. Why don't you bother watching the videos that have been posted in the thread instead of just arbitrarily claiming I don't have any evidence? Dishonest much?

    1. For the 4th time in this thread, I am disgusted that they didn't bother to help.
    2. It is not acceptable to set off a concussion grenade near an injured citizen.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #362
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    LOL... I find her reasoning to be ignorant as hell.

    "I think their response was completely overboard for people throwing bottles and rocks at police in full riot gear."

    So where is that logic going... Im not supposed to shoot back if a guy shoots a gun at me because Im wearing a protective vest?????
    Once again a false analogy... rocks and bottles =/= firearms

  3. #363
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    Because I was responding to your post not Ikari's




    Great.... and by your own logic, at least one way to ensure this doesn't happen anymore is to continue to allow them to camp there.
    And rape.... and beat each other.... and **** all over public lands, and piss all over the place.... leave rotten food out, refuse to allow police to investigate crimes, refuse to allow medical personnel to treat people brutally beaten by the others.....

    This list goes on and on....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #364
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    Once again a false analogy... rocks and bottles =/= firearms
    So do you or do you NOT think it is acceptable to excuse throwing stuff and assaulting police officers just because they are wearing protective gear.

    They are wearing that gear because those idiots would throw **** at them and assault them even if they were not wearing that gear....

    The fact that they were wearing the gear does not excuse assaulting them.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #365
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm going to carry a concealed firearm, no permit, anywhere, anytime. You down with that?
    Sure ... doesn't bother me a bit to be honest with you.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Possible. From what the story would lead one to believe is an outside perpetrator, or at the very least one rousted out and banished by the group. Would you care to advance an argument as to how this is an indictment of the protests?

    Or, in your view, is it a preponderance of 'possible' things that allow for general condemnation?
    Occupy Baltimore group discourages reporting rape, health advocates say - baltimoresun.com
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Where is this list of crimes being committed that were a serious endangerment to public safety that warranted such a response? Where is this evidence beyond mere vague undocumented "reports"?[...]
    The next time I take a rape report, I'll be sure to let the victim know to go **** herself because all I have is this vague undocumented "report".... [...]
    Fine. Redact the name, show us the report. Date, time, and location happened. Description of attacker. Prove that the report even exists. And then assure us that the alleged victim is a member of the protest group, or an innocent bystander -- rather than a police informant or agent provocateur. [...]
    You mean the media showed no evidence of these reports? [...]
    I mean that your argument is a massive fail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine, continuing View Post
    [...] Its not the police department's job to FORCE copies of this reports on the journalist who didn't want or ask for it when they wrote their article on the issue. Police don't force reports on journalists, the journalist requests it... its on the JOURNALIST to get a copy of the report to support their article if they think it is necessary. Chances are, they didn't go that far with it because..... you wouldn't be convinced even with that. You have no evidence of any "agent" conspiracy theory you have come up with.
    More massive fail. Metaphorically speaking, you are drinking what could easily be police propaganda and asking for a refill. Nothing in your posts on this particular issue is substantiated, which you now claim (above) is someone else's fault. As well as mine (for not blindly drinking the police Kool Aid). Priceless.

  8. #368
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I mean that your argument is a massive fail.


    More massive fail. Metaphorically speaking, you are drinking what could easily be police propaganda and asking for a refill. Nothing in your posts on this particular issue is substantiated, which you now claim (above) is someone else's fault. As well as mine (for not blindly drinking the police Kool Aid). Priceless.
    Do you have anything substantive to claim other than......

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #369
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yes, they should.
    No argument here

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    But when violence comes from an assembly of angry people shouting obscenities at you, and it is impossible to determine who the many assailants are..... THAT constitutes an unlawful assembly... and then people are legally ordered to disburse. Failure to do so will result in MAKING them disburse. Which is what happened here.
    Fully agree, after protesters were forcibly evicted, the reassembly and assault on the police was most definitely both unlawful and NOT constitutionally protected. However I am of the opinion that certain actions taken by individual member of the police were equally egregious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The injury was an accidental result of an attempt to control Chaos.
    This is a distinct possibility, however malicious intent is also a distinct possibility. Without any evidence to back up either claim it is only speculation.


    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Even if police WERE able to exactly pinpoint the many assailants, do you think it is wise from a standpoint of safety for officers to to INTO an angry crowd to attempt to arrest someone???


    If only police were such wizards that they could shoot a lazer beam at a specific target in a giant crowd and that lazer beam them grabs them and lifts them up above the rest and then brings that person to them for arresting purposes.....

    If only....
    Gotcha, the police have no duties if their own safety is threatened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Reality is... You participate in an angry mob and refuse to leave.... You take the responsibility for what happens to you in your own hands.
    Circular... No forced eviction, no angry mob...

  10. #370
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    In this situation I do not question the GENERAL use of riot control used by the police.

    I DO (and believe everyone should) question why nobody on that line (from the video I saw it was obvious) broke free from the line to assist the guy who was injured when the protesters (from the video) had clearly moved a good distance away from the injured man (I doubt this was planned by them) for long enough for the Officers on the line to move in to assist the fallen man.

    THIS is what disgusts me about the incident.

    Does their failure to run forward to assist this man mean that the entire operation was wrong? No. It does mean that someone somewhere screwed up in regards to their duty to uphold public safety.
    Thank you. We are in agreement on this. (except I do take exception to the extend of Riot Control methods employed.)
    Last edited by Swit; 10-30-11 at 05:57 PM.

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •