Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 562

Thread: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

  1. #121
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    They were told to move or they might get hurt. Someone got hurt. Why didn't he move like he was told?
    I think the point he was making is that this was no "dirty hippie", as FOX News, along with assholes of their ilk, likes to describe the protesters. He is a soldier, who served 2 tours in Iraq.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #122
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    They were told to move or they might get hurt. Someone got hurt. Why didn't he move like he was told?
    So you are A-OK with the police flash grenading medics trying to remove an injured man? To me, this proves the police showed wanton disregard for public safety.

    The police stopping media outlets from filming shows the police knew the facts were not going to support their contention that they were attacked first and took reasonable action. It also indicates that the police knew this was likely going to result in serious injuries or death and proceeded anyway.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    So you are A-OK with the police flash grenading medics trying to remove an injured man? To me, this proves the police showed wanton disregard for public safety.

    The police stopping media outlets from filming shows the police knew the facts were not going to support their contention that they were attacked first and took reasonable action. It also indicates that the police knew this was likely going to result in serious injuries or death and proceeded anyway.
    In other countries, they had larger protests without all the police beatings. Our police, particularly at assemble and protest events, MUST be controlled to proper levels to ensure the rights of others are not violated by the thuggery of State.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #124
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,355

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Let's start with the creators and editors of the Occupy Wall Street Journal. Surely you would agree that the people feeding information and opinion to the protesters in the form of the official newspaper are leaders, right?
    Finn?......


  5. #125
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,355

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I think the point he was making is that this was no "dirty hippie", as FOX News, along with assholes of their ilk, likes to describe the protesters. He is a soldier, who served 2 tours in Iraq.
    Fox News called him a "dirty hippie"?


  6. #126
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,355

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    So you are A-OK with the police flash grenading medics trying to remove an injured man? To me, this proves the police showed wanton disregard for public safety.
    Of course I'm not okay with that.


  7. #127
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    So you are A-OK with the police flash grenading medics trying to remove an injured man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Of course I'm not okay with that.
    Josie, that is what the people who trying to get the injured man out say happened. Read my post (#96) and watch the one minute video. No one in their right mind could believe firing this number of projectiles into a crowd was warranted. No wonder the police ran the media off.

  8. #128
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    The OPD needs to answer some questions.

    Did any law enforcement agency involved in the police action use rubber bullets? If they did why?
    Do the police have any evidence for their claims that the protesters were throwing M-80 fireworks at the police officers?
    Given the serious head injuries to Scott Olsen, what sort of measures were OPD taking to insure the projectiles they fired were not shot directly into the crowd?
    Why are you lying to us about the flashbangs? This video clearly shows this and police brutality Occupy Oakland - Flashbangs USED on protesters OPD LIES - YouTube
    What specific and actual evidence does OPD have to back up its claims that the Occupy Oakland encampments were such a threat to health and safety and law and order that a dawn raid to clear the protest was necessary?


  9. #129
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    The OPD needs to answer some questions.

    Did any law enforcement agency involved in the police action use rubber bullets? If they did why?
    Do the police have any evidence for their claims that the protesters were throwing M-80 fireworks at the police officers?
    Given the serious head injuries to Scott Olsen, what sort of measures were OPD taking to insure the projectiles they fired were not shot directly into the crowd?
    Why are you lying to us about the flashbangs? This video clearly shows this and police brutality Occupy Oakland - Flashbangs USED on protesters OPD LIES - YouTube
    What specific and actual evidence does OPD have to back up its claims that the Occupy Oakland encampments were such a threat to health and safety and law and order that a dawn raid to clear the protest was necessary?
    The part of this video I find real ****TY, and I mean down right disgraceful is the fact that someone was injured and the people run back to help him. When they get there, they are kneeling down beside him trying to help him, and the ****ing police throws in a flashbang. Wow, just wow... Someone needs to go to jail for the crime one of those cops committed. Protect and serve, yeah right...
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  10. #130
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Occupy Oakland Attacked By Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets, and Flash Grenades

    Very good video reporting the incident.



Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •