Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

  1. #31
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The Gay Agenda.
    Gay muslim jihadists that are members of unions


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Soros -- check
    Acorn -- check
    unions -- check

    Lets see what other boogiemen we can trot out.

    Personally, I am waiting for the link to muslim jihadists.
    Ten Characters

    Uq1h1.jpg
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #33
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So a disband group ACORN is playing behind the scenes of OWS?
    They were not disbanded at all. Some of their branches got shut down, but many simply changed their name. Its organization remains in a different form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    No, that was Working Families. Now we have two major organizations paying people to protest.
    Working Families is a political offshoot of ACORN.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Soros -- check
    Acorn -- check
    unions -- check

    Lets see what other boogiemen we can trot out.

    Personally, I am waiting for the link to muslim jihadists.
    ACORN, Soros, and several major unions (SEIU especially) are all tied up with each other so it really isn't necessary to put them on a check list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    My opinion on the current event is that the right-wingers are trying to stir up the ACORN bogeyman again because they're doing anything they can to discredit OWS.
    You are implying there was ever something to discredit. The more I have looked into this movement the more obvious it becomes that this was never a grassroots movement in the first place. No one is hijacking it as some have claimed, just asserting the position of power that they already held over it.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  4. #34
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    They were not disbanded at all. Some of their branches got shut down, but many simply changed their name. Its organization remains in a different form.]
    They filed chapter 7 bankruptcy...
    From their site: The end of an era: ACORN files Chapter 7 bankruptcy | ACORN

    On March 22, 2010, National ACORN spokesman Kevin Whelan says the organization's board decided to close remaining state affiliates and field offices by April 1 because of falling revenues.


  5. #35
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    They filed chapter 7 bankruptcy...
    From their site: The end of an era: ACORN files Chapter 7 bankruptcy | ACORN

    On March 22, 2010, National ACORN spokesman Kevin Whelan says the organization's board decided to close remaining state affiliates and field offices by April 1 because of falling revenues.
    Except ACORN did not disband after said bankruptcy. Like I said, various state offices simply changed their names after the bankruptcy. They "closed" in the sense that basically someone took away the sign saying ACORN and replaced it with a different name.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  6. #36
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Except ACORN did not disband after said bankruptcy. Like I said, various state offices simply changed their names after the bankruptcy. They "closed" in the sense that basically someone took away the sign saying ACORN and replaced it with a different name.
    So ACORN is around but they are not around?
    Any proof of this?


  7. #37
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Except ACORN did not disband after said bankruptcy. Like I said, various state offices simply changed their names after the bankruptcy. They "closed" in the sense that basically someone took away the sign saying ACORN and replaced it with a different name.
    So what, why do you care??


  8. #38
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So ACORN is around but they are not around?
    Any proof of this?
    Google "ACORN rebrand" if you really are interested. It doesn't take much effort to find this out.

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    So what, why do you care??
    Why do you care about the Koch brothers? Honestly, the only difference between my concerns and yours is that I object to any big interest manipulating the masses with faux "grassroots" movements. Some people only care about big interests when they are favoring the "other side" of the spectrum.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  9. #39
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

    Is it any surprise that ACORN (or whatever names they go by now) is involved with OWS?

    After all, they were instrumental in the housing bubble that did great damage to our economy. The OWS movement's ultimate goal is the end of capitalism so this is right up ACORN's alley.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #40
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Is it any surprise that ACORN (or whatever names they go by now) is involved with OWS?

    After all, they were instrumental in the housing bubble that did great damage to our economy. The OWS movement's ultimate goal is the end of capitalism so this is right up ACORN's alley.
    Yeah, right. The Poorest Americans caused the housing bubble?


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •