Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

  1. #41
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Blaming Americans for 9/11 was news.
    It's news now since he didn't do that.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #42
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Ron Paul is not a Republican. He's a Libertarian.
    One describes a party, the other describes an ideology. The two are not mutually exclusive, so this statement is idiotic. Do you realize there are conservatives among democrats and liberals among conservatives? (although they seem like endangered species?)

  3. #43
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    One describes a party, the other describes an ideology. The two are not mutually exclusive, so this statement is idiotic. Do you realize there are conservatives among democrats and liberals among conservatives? (although they seem like endangered species?)
    actually they both describe a party.

    the idealogy is a small l libertarian.

  4. #44
    I support ██ ███
    jasonxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    you waste your time explaining these things to the brain dead electorate.
    I don't think they're brain dead, just stuck to the matrix.



    Anyway, to answer your red text Gill, about the fence. The important part was the next sentence.

    "In economic turmoil, the people want to leave with their capital and there’s capital controls and there’s people controls. Every time you think about the fence, think about the fences being used against us, keeping us in.”

    It is not absurd as you may think. Half the country is screaming and demanding that the government "tax the rich". We're near a major economic crisis and if anything you'll definitely feel the pinch next year. If nothing is done, it is all but likely our dollar will eventually collapse. Except people to bail and likely our govt to close the boarders. Things that we think that may be use to protect us, can be used against us..cough patriot act, fema, tsa. Just ask a german friend what they think...

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMcAuliffe View Post
    Here in Germany we had the Berlin Wall. The sovjets said it was an anti-fascist-protection wall but in reality it was a giant prison.
    The people were poor because of the communist planned-market crap. Many people died by trying to flee. They were shot by their own people.
    They got the "StaSi" (Staatssicherheit, translated "Homeland Security"). It was an agency to destroy the opposition. They had millions of agents in this little country (for example Angela Merkel).
    These things can be used and i think they will be used to hold a broken system together.
    Last edited by jasonxe; 10-20-11 at 07:38 PM.



  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Ron Paul is not a Republican. He's a Libertarian.
    So when he gets elected to the House every two years he is running on the Libertarian Party? Perhaps in Libertarian Fantasy Land. However, in the real world where Libertarians cannot get elected to anything of substance like Congress, he is a Republican.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #46
    I support ██ ███
    jasonxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So when he gets elected to the House every two years he is running on the Libertarian Party? Perhaps in Libertarian Fantasy Land. However, in the real world where Libertarians cannot get elected to anything of substance like Congress, he is a Republican.
    Paul started & will end his career as a republican. He went to the libertarian party to run as a third party in 1988(?) because he was P.O at Regan 2nd term for his spending I believe.

    Paul unlike the other candidates is a real republican & conservative then any of the RINOS up on stage.

    ]
    Last edited by jasonxe; 10-20-11 at 07:51 PM.



  7. #47
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Nothing I will say will convince you otherwise. I'll just add that as to those independents and Democrats for whom his legalized drugs stance might appeal, the fact he wants to eliminate the DOE and does not support Medicare either, will lose him their support. Tit-for-tat.
    Nothing you say will convince me because you do not have command of the facts and I do. A considerable number of Republicans support the legalization of drugs as well. Also, not all independents and Democrats need to go to the primary or caucus to vote for Paul for him to win the nomination and not all of them will see those positions as unacceptable. Ron Paul doesn't need a majority of Republicans to agree with his every position in order to win. His consistency also works in his favor as people can be certain of what he will do as president and that gives him a fairly unique appeal among the various candidates.

    His positions are not a barrier to his chances of winning support among Republicans or Americans in general. They do serve as a barrier in the respect that the establishment will use every means at its disposal to keep him from ever becoming president.

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    According to Gallup, Paul is currently fourth in the polls among GOP voters/conservatives. He's not really doing that much hotter than the likes of Bachmann, Santorum, and Gingrich.

    Romney Competitive With Top GOP Rivals Among Conservatives
    This is news to me. I thought there had been more polls since the beginning of the campaign than just one from Gallup.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonxe View Post
    I don't think they're brain dead, just stuck to the matrix.
    People find it far more comforting to believe the system is not actively working against them and suppressing their true potential.
    Last edited by Demon of Light; 10-20-11 at 08:13 PM.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  8. #48
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Ron Paul is the same dude saying the same stuff from four years ago. The only difference is that he is four years older. He is a known quantity. He's not worthy of news coverage because, simply put, he's not news. But it's true that he's a hell of a lot smarter than morons like Bachmann and Santorum, and a better debater than the likes of Perry.
    The fact that he goes against what the Republican machine advocates keeps him from being a contender. Rick Perry was gaining lots of ground but then made a big gaffe (touting that Texas gives children of illegals in-state tuition privileges and those that oppose it are heartless), that eliminated a lot of conservatives that had been rooting for him. Ron Paul has done the same. He tried running as an independent, and like Nader, didn't get much support, just stole votes from other contenders. He may have a lot of supporters, but he is not a favorite of the ones that control who gets selected.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  9. #49
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,294

    Re: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    The fact that he goes against what the Republican machine advocates keeps him from being a contender. Rick Perry was gaining lots of ground but then made a big gaffe (touting that Texas gives children of illegals in-state tuition privileges and those that oppose it are heartless), that eliminated a lot of conservatives that had been rooting for him. Ron Paul has done the same. He tried running as an independent, and like Nader, didn't get much support, just stole votes from other contenders. He may have a lot of supporters, but he is not a favorite of the ones that control who gets selected.
    or, as the OP initially proposed, the Media, "He may have a lot of supporters, but he is not a favorite of the ones that control who gets selected" might be owned by those who control. Certainly reinforces the point, don't you think?

  10. #50
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Ron Paul Media Blackout Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Ron Paul is not a Republican. He's a Libertarian.
    He's a Republican and a libertarian (not Libertarian).
    Vote John Schnatter (Papa John) 2012!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •