Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 231

Thread: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

  1. #71
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, Buffett is referring to total income, not just earned income. The discussion is over effective tax rates. If the Buffett Rule was implemented, Buffett's taxes would go up.
    Simply put, he could do that voluntarily this second, but doesn't. He doesn't voluntarily pay more money that he says he regrets not owing while his company owns a 1B$ discrepancy to the IRS(implies a little cheating), if he wants to pay more he can and in fact there is a voluntary box in forms that he could pay more than he owes to the IRS(they won't turn down free money) and yet he has the nerve to volunteer everyone else's earned income. My point stands.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #72
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Simply put, he could do that voluntarily this second, but doesn't. He doesn't voluntarily pay more money that he says he regrets not owing while his company owns a 1B$ discrepancy to the IRS(implies a little cheating), if he wants to pay more he can and in fact there is a voluntary box in forms that he could pay more than he owes to the IRS(they won't turn down free money) and yet he has the nerve to volunteer everyone else's earned income. My point stands.
    No, your point has failed miserably. The issue is with the tax rules, not with what any one person does.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #73
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    When the speed limit was 55, I drove 55 and stated I thought it was too low. Am I a hypocrite too?

    Can you actually argue against the Buffett plan? Do you think attacking him will affect whether the Buffett plan is a good idea or not?
    Not a good analogy. You thinking the speed limit is too low costs no one money, Buffett's thinking would and his actions have made him money doing what he's "against". In fact, while the dispute of the 1B.U.S.D. goes on Buffett will still make money even if he eventually have to pay. He is miking this thing for everything it's worth.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #74
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, your point has failed miserably. The issue is with the tax rules, not with what any one person does.
    Incorrect, he is using the tax rules while he gripes about them and has options already to facilitate his beliefs(options he doesn't use).
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #75
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I notice that still no one is able to actually counter Buffett's point with anything other than "but Buffett is a bad guy". Very telling.
    He says one thing and does another. I didnt say he was a 'bad guy'...I said he is a hypocrite. He is also a liar...he doesnt pay less in taxes than his secretary either in amount or percentage. He dissembles and omits To make a point...one you all too readily embrace because it fits what you want to hear...make the rich pay more taxes.

    On the other hand...Im sure you dont drill deeply into conservatives talking points and take them all at the value they intend...from their certain point of view...too...right?
    Last edited by VanceMack; 10-12-11 at 10:15 PM.

  6. #76
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Anyone who can't see the irony of Warren Buffett sounding off about how the rich should be paying more taxes while his own company, the second largest corporation on planet earth, owes the Internal Revenue Service $1 billion in back taxes, simply isn't being honest.

    World's third wealthiest person in the world; the majority stockholder in the company in question (worth $105 billion); has another little side business worth $79.7 billion (Berkshire Hathaway Junior); is personally worth $47 billion today; ...and his company has wrangled with the IRS for years to avoid paying $1 billion in taxes. And he's still not paid it.

    If he were like the rest of us, he would have had to pony up immediately and wrangled later.

    He should go to NYC and surrender to Occupy Wall Street.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #77
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Anyone who can't see the irony of Warren Buffett sounding off about how the rich should be paying more taxes while his own company, the second largest corporation on planet earth, owes the Internal Revenue Service $1 billion in back taxes, simply isn't being honest.

    World's third wealthiest person in the world; the majority stockholder in the company in question (worth $105 billion); has another little side business worth $79.7 billion (Berkshire Hathaway Junior); is personally worth $47 billion today; ...and his company has wrangled with the IRS for years to avoid paying $1 billion in taxes. And he's still not paid it.

    If he were like the rest of us, he would have had to pony up immediately and wrangled later.

    He should go to NYC and surrender to Occupy Wall Street.
    I'd prefer he did a Jihadist suicide vest thing in the midst of them



  8. #78
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I'd prefer he did a Jihadist suicide vest thing in the midst of them
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #79
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Nobody in the history of the US has avoided more income and inheritance taxes than Buffett......nobody.
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,491

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    I thought I couldn't be more surprised and amused at the OP, then I read Redress immediately and shameless spring to Buffet the billionaires defense. It's like the twilight zone.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •