Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 231

Thread: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

  1. #21
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is what we call a straw man. I simply pointed out the actual facts of the case, and by the way, he is not cheating on his taxes, his corporation is in dispute on what is owed. If you would care to argue with what I said as opposed to what you wish I had said, I would appreciate it.
    Again though Redress, every second they can delay by disputing that bill is interest earned on the money until it is taken, a benefit we don't enjoy being without the means to justify the accountants that can pull off this trickery. Buffett is a grade A hypocrite and knows damn well he could pay more taxes if he wanted to. Every second Buffett earns money on the disputed assets based on his capitol gains and that is most certainly dishonest.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Again though Redress, every second they can delay by disputing that bill is interest earned on the money until it is taken, a benefit we don't enjoy being without the means to justify the accountants that can pull off this trickery. Buffett is a grade A hypocrite and knows damn well he could pay more taxes if he wanted to. Every second Buffett earns money on the disputed assets based on his capitol gains and that is most certainly dishonest.
    I think you need to look up what the word hypocrite means.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress
    I do not think you understood. Buffett's comments about his taxes dealt with his personal taxes. This story deals with corporate taxes, which are not the same thing. There is no hypocrisy.
    Legitimate argument if he was a mail clerk or stock boy at BH.

    Or is lie by omission one of the "turn the other cheek" rules liberals adopted during the Clinton administration?

    I'm dying to know.

  4. #24
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think you need to look up what the word hypocrite means.
    I know what it means. Warren Buffett is volunteering everyone else to pay more taxes based on the "my secretary pays more.......blah blah" bull that he spews, all while taking more in capitol gains to avoid the higher income tax percentage. Then it is found out Buffett's fund is delinquent on taxes....avoidant behavior if you ask me. Nope, hypocrite fits quite nicely.

    EDIT- Fat, disingenuous, lying, piece of **** also fit in that equation nicely too.
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 10-12-11 at 09:11 PM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #25
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is what we call a straw man. I simply pointed out the actual facts of the case, and by the way, he is not cheating on his taxes, his corporation is in dispute on what is owed. If you would care to argue with what I said as opposed to what you wish I had said, I would appreciate it.
    the real hypocrisy is that asswipe whining about his secretary's rates when he structures his compensation to be such that his earned income is artificially low

    you know as well as I do that similarly situated executives-ones who cannot control their compensation package nearly as much as WB-normally are compensated with salaries in the several million dollar range.

    Buffett's salary is less than what a federal public defender makes



  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Legitimate argument if he was a mail clerk or stock boy at BH.

    Or is lie by omission one of the "turn the other cheek" rules liberals adopted during the Clinton administration?

    I'm dying to know.
    There is no lie by omission either. He correctly stated his personal income tax, while discussing personal income tax. Corporate income tax is not the same thing as personal income tax.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,608

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    His personal income for 2009 I think it was was 62 million. Care to try again.
    From what I have read it was 46m...approx 100k in actual 'salary' and the remainder coming from hedge funds and capital gains...all taxed at different rates. Now...mind you...you have to get through about a dozen or so pages of nothing but conservative web sites to GET to a non Glen Beck type site to do any actual investigation on the Buffet rule and the lie that is 'I pay less than my secretary'. I had to go to one of my favorite very liberal leaning sites (truthdig.com) to get a decent breakdown. Even they are trying to justify the Buffetrule...but still point out the factual breakdowns and disparities. (link at end of post).

    But heres the thing...NOTHING 'makes' Warren Buffet utilize every loophole and tax 'cheat' he can take advantage of. that is the CORE of hypocrisy...saying one thing and doing another. If Buffet BELIEVED his bull****, then he wouldnt be DOING it. The IRS doesnt hunt down taxpayers and tell them...oh....hey...you missed a ton of deduction opportunities. No...in fact...Buffet hires at least one and Im certaina FIRM full of people to find those loopholes and claim every single one of them.

    E.J. Dionne, Jr.: Why They Hate Warren Buffett - Truthdig
    Last edited by VanceMack; 10-12-11 at 09:13 PM.

  8. #28
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Here's my issue: We keep talking about raising taxes on workers (rich, middle class, poor, whatever) as a means of solving our deficit issues, but we have corporations who are almost 10 years past-due on tax obligations. I'm unsure of the tax obligation of Buffet's company, but I'm sure that his isn't the only company who is disputing tax obligations or withholding payment. How much would we have decreased our debt accruals had we had laws in place that disallowed practices like these?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I know what it means. Warren Buffett is volunteering everyone else to pay more taxes based on the "my secretary pays more.......blah blah" bull that he spews, all while taking more in capitol gains to avoid the higher income tax percentage. Then it is found out Buffett's fund is delinquent on taxes....avoidant behavior if you ask me. Nope, hypocrite fits quite nicely.

    EDIT- Fat, disingenuous, lying, piece of **** also fit in that equation nicely too.
    Only if you twist facts. He never claimed any one should pay more than they owe, but that the method he uses to keep his tax rates low exists. It's funny how you cannot actually argue against his point and are forced to just attack him and think no one will notice.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the real hypocrisy is that asswipe whining about his secretary's rates when he structures his compensation to be such that his earned income is artificially low

    you know as well as I do that similarly situated executives-ones who cannot control their compensation package nearly as much as WB-normally are compensated with salaries in the several million dollar range.

    Buffett's salary is less than what a federal public defender makes
    Those who receive higher salary less capital gains would not be effected by the "Buffett rule". Facts, they kinda kill your rant.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •