Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 231

Thread: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

  1. #11
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,713

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Obama supporters, cabinet members and advisors tend to be tax scofflaws. NO big surprise that someone who is as big an Obama ass kisser as Buffett is one too
    Im not sure which of them is wearing the other ones stink. They are too arrogant to be embarassed or ashamed of themselves.

  2. #12
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,713

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Is he a scofflaw?

    Or is he just taking advantage of loopholes to delay paying?
    Of course he is taking advantage of the loopholes...which is why he is such a hypocrite. All of them. "Oh...I make 15 million...and if the government would just change the laws and force me to pay more taxes I would actually do more than pretend to give a **** about 'the poor'. Love...Jon Stewart"

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    I guess this shoots "the Buffet Rule" all to hell !! Right from the Obama 2012 website:

    Barack Obama | Buffet Rule

    Obama is such a cluster****. Quit already you inept ass.

  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Which of course makes him a pure hypocrite, since the whole premise of his 'i get taxed less than my secretary' riff was based on his personal 'income' vs his corporate earnings.
    I do not think you understood. Buffett's comments about his taxes dealt with his personal taxes. This story deals with corporate taxes, which are not the same thing. There is no hypocrisy.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not think you understood. Buffett's comments about his taxes dealt with his personal taxes. This story deals with corporate taxes, which are not the same thing. There is no hypocrisy.
    So since he only cheats on the corporate half, his integrity is intact

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Obama supporters, cabinet members and advisors tend to be tax scofflaws. NO big surprise that someone who is as big an Obama ass kisser as Buffett is one too
    How many is enough that they "tend to be"? I mean, you only list millions and millions of people.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,713

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not think you understood. Buffett's comments about his taxes dealt with his personal taxes. This story deals with corporate taxes, which are not the same thing. There is no hypocrisy.
    Which is precisely what I said...and it absolutely IS hypocrisy. He KNOWS his personal 'income' is minimal. His corporate earnings are massive.

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    So since he only cheats on the corporate half, his integrity is intact
    That is what we call a straw man. I simply pointed out the actual facts of the case, and by the way, he is not cheating on his taxes, his corporation is in dispute on what is owed. If you would care to argue with what I said as opposed to what you wish I had said, I would appreciate it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not think you understood. Buffett's comments about his taxes dealt with his personal taxes. This story deals with corporate taxes, which are not the same thing. There is no hypocrisy.
    The two aren't unrelated. Buffett makes money off of the lower capitol gains rate which is a product of shares owned and their values, he very well has cheated his value up if the taxes not paid were left in the company.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Which is precisely what I said...and it absolutely IS hypocrisy. He KNOWS his personal 'income' is minimal. His corporate earnings are massive.
    His personal income for 2009 I think it was was 62 million. Care to try again.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •