Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 231

Thread: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

  1. #91
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002
    I don't know if I want to laugh and say IRONY or not be shocked.
    in the rules for posting a new thread:

    Exact same title as the cited article.

  2. #92
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Really Buffet has not paid personal taxes and is being chased down by the IRS because of it? Do you have a link
    Buffett uses capital gains to offset his tax bill while complaining about it. Not that he's being chased by the IRS.


    Notice that alot of other companies dont pay taxes at all. Companies having long running tax disputes is not unusual as they do try to minimize the taxes paid through the use of every tax law possible, and depending on the interpretation by the auditors it may or may not stand up.
    And the heads of THOSE companies are not spouting off about being taxed too little, you kind of omitted that little detail.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #93
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Buffett uses capital gains to offset his tax bill while complaining about it. Not that he's being chased by the IRS.


    And the heads of THOSE companies are not spouting off about being taxed too little, you kind of omitted that little detail.
    He is using the current tax system to minimize what he has to pay in taxes, no one is disputing that, and most people would assume anyone paying more in taxes then required to would be a moron. Buffet simply has stated that the rich should be required to pay more in taxes. Others spout off that the rich should pay less in taxes. Other sides of the same coin. If some can say taxes are too high, others can say taxes are too low. No difference to me
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  4. #94
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    He is using the current tax system to minimize what he has to pay in taxes, no one is disputing that, and most people would assume anyone paying more in taxes then required to would be a moron. Buffet simply has stated that the rich should be required to pay more in taxes. Others spout off that the rich should pay less in taxes. Other sides of the same coin. If some can say taxes are too high, others can say taxes are too low. No difference to me
    Buffett could pay more this very second if he wanted to by doing 3 things. 1) Shift earned income from capital gains to a salary 2) Stop using loopholes and pay his "fair share" that he goes on about and 3) Volunteer to pay more annually on his returns, that is an actual option.
    You'll have to excuse me if his failure to do any of those three things personally while leading a company to do the same loophole chasing against his OWN rhetoric doesn't draw a whole lot of sympathy from me.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Buffett could pay more this very second if he wanted to by doing 3 things. 1) Shift earned income from capital gains to a salary 2) Stop using loopholes and pay his "fair share" that he goes on about and 3) Volunteer to pay more annually on his returns, that is an actual option.
    You'll have to excuse me if his failure to do any of those three things personally while leading a company to do the same loophole chasing against his OWN rhetoric doesn't draw a whole lot of sympathy from me.
    He is not talking about charity here nor not taking advantage of the laws as they are. He is saying the system the laws should probably change in regards to taxation.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Buffett could pay more this very second if he wanted to by doing 3 things. 1) Shift earned income from capital gains to a salary 2) Stop using loopholes and pay his "fair share" that he goes on about and 3) Volunteer to pay more annually on his returns, that is an actual option.
    You'll have to excuse me if his failure to do any of those three things personally while leading a company to do the same loophole chasing against his OWN rhetoric doesn't draw a whole lot of sympathy from me.
    And you would notice I said that Buffet using the current tax laws to pay the minimum that he has to. That is not in dispute

    He has stated that the tax laws shoud be changed that would require he would have to pay more
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  7. #97
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    He is not talking about charity here nor not taking advantage of the laws as they are. He is saying the system the laws should probably change in regards to taxation.
    I get that, what my point is getting to is that he doesn't put into action what he advocates which he could do immediately. He advocates what he won't do while he sees fit to volunteer other people in his bracket who may or may not agree, it is insulting that he says one thing while doing the other.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #98
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    And you would notice I said that Buffet using the current tax laws to pay the minimum that he has to. That is not in dispute

    He has stated that the tax laws shoud be changed that would require he would have to pay more
    Geez. Then he needs to settle his companies tax bill, pay up, and then shut up.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #99
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Geez. Then he needs to settle his companies tax bill, pay up, and then shut up.

    America the land of the lack of free speach for those you dissagree with

    Brings a tear to the eye
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  10. #100
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Owes Taxes Going Back To 2002 [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    America the land of the lack of free speach for those you dissagree with

    Brings a tear to the eye
    He needs to shut up to save whatever face he has left because he's a discredited piece of ****, not because I say so.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •