Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 208

Thread: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    tess, you got it right. They wanted people to leave the Greenway and move to Dewey Square. The problem is that Dewey Square is already pretty much full to its capacity of worthless wastes of flesh and oxygen, so there was no room for them there. That's why they'd gone across Congress St in the first place.

  2. #32
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    Those cops are lucky they didn't try it on OIF/OEF vets, but I suspect that these badge wearing henchmen are cowards, since they beat up old men.

    The main question to be asked here, however, is what the **** happened to this:



    Or does the United States Constitution apply to everyone except Boston police? Don't know about anyone else, but I would call that domestic terrorism.
    you have the right to peaceably assemble, you don't have the right to trespass or destroy public property in order to do so.

    I just love it when some jackass whines and cries about the cops beating some lawbreaker's ass. news flash: if you don't want the cops to beat your ass...obey the law.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #33
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    tess, you got it right. They wanted people to leave the Greenway and move to Dewey Square. The problem is that Dewey Square is already pretty much full to its capacity of worthless wastes of flesh and oxygen, so there was no room for them there. That's why they'd gone across Congress St in the first place.
    The article made it a little confusing. For reference (it's what I quoted earlier), here it is:

    Boston police warn protesters to leave Greenway tonight, or be moved out - Metro Desk - Local news updates from The Boston Globe
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  4. #34
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    you have the right to peaceably assemble, you don't have the right to trespass or destroy public property in order to do so.

    I just love it when some jackass whines and cries about the cops beating some lawbreaker's ass. news flash: if you don't want the cops to beat your ass...obey the law.
    Kind of reminds me of something like this:
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #35
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,692
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I hope they bring this thing to Worcester. I'll drive down there just to show them that their bodies are no match for a modern motor vehicle when they choose to block the streets. Hell, I might go out and rent a hummer just for the occasion.
    I was just in Worcester last week. I have to tell you, that's some crazy streets they's gots there. Holly cow. I got lost using a GPS. I swear they had a city board meeting to name one street and each person had a name they loved and so they named each block of that street.

    I went on Google and found it. It goes like this: Goddard Ave. turns into James St. turns into Ludlow St. turns into Pinehurst Ave. turns into Oxford St. N. turns into Southbridge St. turns into Southbridge Rd. turns into Worcester Rd.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    I was just in Worcester last week. I have to tell you, that's some crazy streets they's gots there. Holly cow. I got lost using a GPS. I swear they had a city board meeting to name one street and each person had a name they loved and so they named each block of that street.

    I went on Google and found it. It goes like this: Goddard Ave. turns into James St. turns into Ludlow St. turns into Pinehurst Ave. turns into Oxford St. N. turns into Southbridge St. turns into Southbridge Rd. turns into Worcester Rd.
    Welcome to New England. Only here does North Brookfield road in Brookfield, MA become Brookfield Road in North Brookfield, MA. Oh, and they're both parts of State Route 67. Did you get to go through Kelly Square? You'd remember it.... Seven roads converge into a single intersection and there's only one traffic signal (a stop sign) anywhere in the intersection.

  7. #37
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Cut the dramatics, Dorothy.



    Which means that:
    Attachment 67116662



    Though when I made the graphic I labeled it incorrectly. It should be switched, I believe.
    so now you subscribe to the right of assembly so long as it is not on fresh sod

    next they will say not on concrete

    or asphalt

    or in a building

    or outside


    and those like you will obsequiously obey authority because it is easier than standing up for your rights


    stand for something or fall for anything
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #38
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so now you subscribe to the right of assembly so long as it is not on fresh sod

    next they will say not on concrete

    or asphalt

    or in a building

    or outside


    and those like you will obsequiously obey authority because it is easier than standing up for your rights


    stand for something or fall for anything
    Did you read the article I later linked? There was a law on the books regarding assembly in the area they've asked protesters to vacate. The SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES has already stated that reasonable limitations on the right to assembly are perfectly acceptable. Asking the protesters to obey existing laws and move across the street in no way violates or limits their rights under the constitution. You can fight for any cause you want to fight for, but when your cause is a made-up exaggeration of a nothing situation it's kind of like pissing into the wind.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #39
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Did you read the article I later linked? There was a law on the books regarding assembly in the area they've asked protesters to vacate. The SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES has already stated that reasonable limitations on the right to assembly are perfectly acceptable. Asking the protesters to obey existing laws and move across the street in no way violates or limits their rights under the constitution. You can fight for any cause you want to fight for, but when your cause is a made-up exaggeration of a nothing situation it's kind of like pissing into the wind.

    you glossed over the 'obsequiously obey authority' part of my post, didn't you
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #40
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so now you subscribe to the right of assembly so long as it is not on fresh sod

    next they will say not on concrete

    or asphalt

    or in a building

    or outside


    and those like you will obsequiously obey authority because it is easier than standing up for your rights


    stand for something or fall for anything

    funny, the govt has always placed limitations on our rights. you have the right to vote...but you must be 18. you have the right to smoke...but you must be 19. you have the right to drive...but you must pass a test.

    just because you have the right to do something, it doesn't give you the right break other laws and ordinances to do it.

    guaranteed, the ones crying about the cops beating these people would be the first to call the cops if these people tried to assemble on their front lawn.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •