Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 208

Thread: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

  1. #181
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but they had to protect that sod
    Yep, folks were told not to go there because they will damage property that tax dollars were spent to make upgrades to.
    Doesn't seem that hard to do... don't go damaging property...

    But these guys can't seem to get that right.
    They were told to leave... they didn't.... they got arrested.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #182
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I think its a damn shame we forced our young people fight for our "right to freedom of speech" and then whey they exercise that right they are said to be interfering with the police who are themselves infringing on that right.
    And... again... I have to say...

    You don't have the "right" to damage property in the process....

    Circular argument....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #183
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And... again... I have to say...

    You don't have the "right" to damage property in the process....

    Circular argument....
    "AP reported another violent incident that occurred earlier on, quoting Matt Hollander, a Boston resident, who was among the protesters.

    A group of veterans was standing in between police and demonstrators holding American flags. When officers advanced on them, one veteran was pushed to the ground.

    “If they wanted to arrest us they could have done that without pushing us… without tramping the flag,” Hollander said."


    Police beat [74 year old vietnam] war veteran in assault on Occupy Boston*|*Truth Frequency News
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #184
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    I dont understand why they were arrested?
    They claimed they were "trespassing"? They were on the road...
    They claimed they were "unlawful"? They were peaceful protesters....


  5. #185
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yep, folks were told not to go there because they will damage property that tax dollars were spent to make upgrades to.
    Doesn't seem that hard to do... don't go damaging property...

    But these guys can't seem to get that right.
    They were told to leave... they didn't.... they got arrested.
    no right of assembly if you walk on the grass while assembling

    got it

    you must have a different copy of the Constitution than the one i read
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #186
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Were the police in Boston beating a guy to death? Or even beating a guy for that matter?

    Nice straw man.. but lets stay on topic.
    No, I was just questioning the absolute nature of your statement.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #187
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no right of assembly if you walk on the grass while assembling

    got it

    you must have a different copy of the Constitution than the one i read
    So damaging property is peaceful.

    So I can peacefully key your car while assembling against the use of motor vehicles.
    Got it.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "AP reported another violent incident that occurred earlier on, quoting Matt Hollander, a Boston resident, who was among the protesters.

    A group of veterans was standing in between police and demonstrators holding American flags. When officers advanced on them, one veteran was pushed to the ground.

    “If they wanted to arrest us they could have done that without pushing us… without tramping the flag,” Hollander said."


    Police beat [74 year old vietnam] war veteran in assault on Occupy Boston*|*Truth Frequency News
    Can't take your article seriously, or the AP for that matter, if you/they are going to consider being pushed and subsequently falling to the ground as "beating"
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #189
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Its because there are reasonable limits to free speech.
    There is no such thing as a reasonable limit to a Constitutionally guaranteed right. The First Amendment does not say 'the right of the people to peaceably to assemble, (as long as the location is convenient for the local governing body)'.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #190
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    There is no such thing as a reasonable limit to a Constitutionally guaranteed right. The First Amendment does not say 'the right of the people to peaceably to assemble, (as long as the location is convenient for the local governing body)'.
    So you won't mind if I bring over a few hundreds people and assemble at your place for the next 30-60 days.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •