Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 208

Thread: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

  1. #171
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You stop being non-violent when you interfere with Officers making an arrest.

    Thank you for playing though.
    Not absolutely. There are forms of non-violent protest and interference.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yes it is JB, and I'm proud that we are not the only ones to see that:

    That was great.

    Perfect song.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #173
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    How were the elderly veterans violently interfering with Officers making an arrest???
    I see you keep trying to throw in "elderly" and "veterans" as if that means anything.

    I don't care if you are elderly or young, man or woman, veteran or civilian, you DO NOT interfere with police activities.

    In a video I watched... nobody was "BEAT" one guy got tossed to the ground after he walked up on an officer who was making an arrest with a freaking flag pole in his hand. You can't see the guy walk up to the police, but you do see him fall down, and when the camera finally decides to move over to where he fell from, you see police Officers finishing up making an arrest......

    OooOoo... An old guy got pushed down for getting too close with a ****ing flag and pole in his hand... big ****ing deal.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #174
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    you DO NOT interfere with police activities.
    Ever? Even if it's unjust? Abuse of power? If we see cops beating an unconscious guy to death, then just sit back and let the good times roll because we shouldn't interfere?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #175
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Ever? Even if it's unjust? Abuse of power? If we see cops beating an unconscious guy to death, then just sit back and let the good times roll because we shouldn't interfere?
    what other kind of behavior is a leo going to expect?
    blind (as well as deaf and dumb) obedience
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #176
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Ever? Even if it's unjust? Abuse of power? If we see cops beating an unconscious guy to death, then just sit back and let the good times roll because we shouldn't interfere?
    Were the police in Boston beating a guy to death? Or even beating a guy for that matter?

    Nice straw man.. but lets stay on topic.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #177
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I see you keep trying to throw in "elderly" and "veterans" as if that means anything. I don't care if you are elderly or young, man or woman, veteran or civilian, you DO NOT interfere with police activities. In a video I watched... nobody was "BEAT" one guy got tossed to the ground after he walked up on an officer who was making an arrest with a freaking flag pole in his hand. You can't see the guy walk up to the police, but you do see him fall down, and when the camera finally decides to move over to where he fell from, you see police Officers finishing up making an arrest......

    OooOoo... An old guy got pushed down for getting too close with a ****ing flag and pole in his hand... big ****ing deal.
    Degree of force needed? Respect? Not a consideration?

    I saw no interference that necessitated throwing an elderly veteran to the ground.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #178
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Degree of force needed? Respect? Not a consideration?

    I saw no interference that necessitated throwing an elderly veteran to the ground.
    but they had to protect that sod
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #179
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Degree of force needed? Respect? Not a consideration?

    I saw no interference that necessitated throwing an elderly veteran to the ground.
    You get up in an Officers face during an arrest of another subject, you get pushed back.
    If you happen to fall down because of it, so be it.

    Do you really think that everyone knows how hard they have to push to make another person fall compared to just make them get the idea to move back?

    Use common sense.... not every single thing that happens was a pre-planned "Hmm.. I think I will push this guy with X amount of force with the intent to make him fall" or maybe, JUST MAYBE (and more likely) ..
    "Im going to push this guy back because he is getting too close to our arrest and we don't need him close enough to cause harm to us if he decides to do so."

    Lack of common sense, and a desire to make police look as bad as possible lends to this ignorant theory of yours.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #180
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You get up in an Officers face during an arrest of another subject, you get pushed back.
    If you happen to fall down because of it, so be it.

    Do you really think that everyone knows how hard they have to push to make another person fall compared to just make them get the idea to move back?

    Use common sense.... not every single thing that happens was a pre-planned "Hmm.. I think I will push this guy with X amount of force with the intent to make him fall" or maybe, JUST MAYBE (and more likely) ..
    "Im going to push this guy back because he is getting too close to our arrest and we don't need him close enough to cause harm to us if he decides to do so."

    Lack of common sense, and a desire to make police look as bad as possible lends to this ignorant theory of yours.
    I think its a damn shame we forced our young people fight for our "right to freedom of speech" and then whey they exercise that right they are said to be interfering with the police who are themselves infringing on that right.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •