Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 208

Thread: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

  1. #151
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    The real question is, why are police there to stop those peoples first amendment right to protest in the first place?
    when does a protest become a riot?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #152
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    when does a protest become a riot?
    When the police thugs get violent
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #153
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    when does a protest become a riot?
    When they start rioting.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #154
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    When they start rioting.
    That was easy.

  5. #155
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,444
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    The real question is, why are police there to stop those peoples first amendment right to protest in the first place?
    Its because there are reasonable limits to free speech.

    No yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre, for instance.

    There's a point where exercise of one persons rights infringes on the rights of someone else.

    Like when monied interests invest unlimited funds in political campaigns, infringing on the free speech rights of those less well heeled.
    Last edited by What if...?; 10-12-11 at 01:49 PM.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  6. #156
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Its because there are reasonable limits to free speech.

    No yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre, for instance.

    There's a point where exercise of one persons rights infringes on the rights of someone else.

    Like when monied interests invest unlimited funds in political campaigns, infringing on the free speech rights of those less well heeled.
    No one yelled "Fire" and they weren't in a crowded theatre. They were in a public space where such speech is allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #157
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    When they start rioting.
    I think the question was: "What constitutes the definition of 'riot' " as it applied to the OWS groups (as context).
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #158
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I think the question was: "What constitutes the definition of 'riot' " as it applied to the OWS groups (as context).
    Massive looting, Molotov cocktails exploding into police lines, generalized and uncoordinated violence, etc.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #159
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And we all know the awesome power of this senior citizen. Just look at the muscles!!

    And look at how they use "commensurate force" on this guy, who commits the viscious crime of waving a flag and shouting!! How despicable!

    Now watch as the cops pepper spray two dangerous young girls in response to their dangerous screaming "Oh, my god!!"

    Here's guy who listens to the cop when the cop tells him to step back, so the cop throws him to the ground for the crime of obeying a cops command
    None of the three videos you showed has anything to do with Boston, which is the topic of this thread. Take them to the thread on the NYC protests... unless that's where you got them in the first place.

  10. #160
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Police beat war veterans in assault on Occupy Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    None of the three videos you showed has anything to do with Boston, which is the topic of this thread. Take them to the thread on the NYC protests... unless that's where you got them in the first place.
    Oh there you go again with your accuracy of facts thing again Di. Jeepers...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •