Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 81

Thread: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,140

    Re: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I am a fan of Wikileaks as an entity, but I do not much care for Julian Assange. Manning... I just feel bad for him. I do not think he is very bright.
    Manning didn't access that information all by himself. I think they should hold his nuts to the fire and see how many of his accomplices he gives up.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    I have no respect for the Nobel Peace prize anymore.... so they can give it to whomever they feel like and I won't care...

  3. #13
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I have no respect for the Nobel Peace prize anymore.... so they can give it to whomever they feel like and I won't care...
    Why? Because Obama got it? Let's call a spade a spade. Just say it.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Why? Because Obama got it? Let's call a spade a spade. Just say it.
    nice race baiting.... hopefully such tactics work for you in the future.

    I lost respect for the prize long before Obama came around to win it.

    Obama is just the last undeserving soul to win, certainly not the first.

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,140

    Re: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Why? Because Obama got it? Let's call a spade a spade. Just say it.
    The Nobel was a prize long before Obama got it. Hell! Yasser Arafat for the friggin' thing! It became a supreme joke when Le Duc Tho won it back in '73.

    So, no, it doesn't have anything to do with Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #16
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    nice race baiting.... hopefully such tactics work for you in the future.

    I lost respect for the prize long before Obama came around to win it.

    Obama is just the last undeserving soul to win, certainly not the first.
    Again, why? And when did I bring up race? Did you just race bait yourself? Wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Nobel was a prize long before Obama got it. Hell! Yasser Arafat for the friggin' thing! It became a supreme joke when Le Duc Tho won it back in '73.


    So, no, it doesn't have anything to do with Obama.
    Who would you have given it to instead that year?

  7. #17
    Sewer Rat


    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,050

    Re: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Manning didn't access that information all by himself. I think they should hold his nuts to the fire and see how many of his accomplices he gives up.
    C'mon, you just like the holding of the nuts part.










    Somedays I stop and ask myself if it is going to be worth the effort of chewing through the restraints.


    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf



  8. #18
    Sewer Rat


    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,050

    Re: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by Rough Rider View Post
    Manning should be shot as a traitor.
    What has he been charged with?










    Somedays I stop and ask myself if it is going to be worth the effort of chewing through the restraints.


    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf



  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 03:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Full article found here: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize | Death and Taxesf i could vote on this i would defiantly vote for one of these two or some of the leaders of the Arab Spring. I believe this will defiantly have a positive impact on the movements behind Manning and Asange. I believe they defiantly need to be set free. I applaud them and them being on the award list!

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response?
    While I don't buy into the whole "Wikileaks and Manning are villians" thing, I don't think either has earned any sort of "Peace Prize". If there was a "Transparency Prize", they could win that, but they haven't really helped the world become more peaceful.

  10. #20
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,507

    Re: Bradley Manning and Julian Assange Both Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I think Assange is scum that cared for nothing but his own ego and standing. That said, I'm more questioning concerning any actual illegality on his part.

    I think Manning should be locked away for treason as its clear and unquestionable his actions were.
    I think he leaked a video that shows US troops firing on people that pose no immenent threat. He exposed a warcrime and all who locked him away need to in turn, be locked away.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •