Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

  1. #41
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    FACT: a citizen's arrest can only be done while witnessing a person actually committing a felony.
    Well, Rumsfeld was probably breathing.

  2. #42
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    It takes between 3-5% of the population actively involved and between 18-25% of the population passively supporting a revolution for it to meet the minimum requirement for success. Those are high bars.
    That would depend on what kind of revolution... a peaceful revolution or one which Ikari identified which intimated a violent one (ie. "guns").
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #43
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,302

    Re: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Well with the right people in office that can happen.

    What good would removing Rumsfeld from the streets do - or anyone else they've tried it on? Attacking Rumsfeld for his past actions will change nothing - it won't fix anything, it would improve anything, it won't alter anything.

    The only way to change things is by making the decisions and choices for the future which will make a difference - not haggling over the past.

    The past is done, written - can't change that.
    I don't understand. Why then did they kill OBL? You know , "haggling over the past." Rumsfeld is most certainly complicit in Lies, torture, and rendition in our names. There's also Abu Grabass.

  4. #44
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I don't understand. Why then did they kill OBL? You know , "haggling over the past." Rumsfeld is most certainly complicit in Lies, torture, and rendition in our names. There's also Abu Grabass.
    H8trs gonna h8. You must really hate those democrats that were briefed in those 'torture' methods and not only signed off on them but wondered if there wasnt MORE they could be doing? Good thing Obama shut down GITMO and all those black ops prisons...right?

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    ..Good thing Obama shut down GITMO and all those black ops prisons...right?
    The GOP refused to have terrorists housed on American soil.

  6. #46
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The GOP refused to have terrorists housed on American soil.
    Good for them!!!

  7. #47
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Well with the right people in office that can happen.

    What good would removing Rumsfeld from the streets do - or anyone else they've tried it on? Attacking Rumsfeld for his past actions will change nothing - it won't fix anything, it would improve anything, it won't alter anything.

    The only way to change things is by making the decisions and choices for the future which will make a difference - not haggling over the past.

    The past is done, written - can't change that.
    You can't change that, but you can send a message to those left in charge still. If they fear the People, they will not act against us.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #48
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The GOP refused to have terrorists housed on American soil.
    Obama expanded black ops prisons in Afghanistan...but your comment...its still pretty comical. When Bush was president, with or without GOP countrol of congress and with far lesser majorities he somehow managed to rule the world. Your guy, with far greater majority control over the house and senate, apparently couldnt sharpen a pencil without the GOP approval. EVERYTHING is the GOPs fault...to mindless ideologues.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Obama expanded black ops prisons in Afghanistan...but your comment...its still pretty comical. When Bush was president, with or without GOP countrol of congress and with far lesser majorities he somehow managed to rule the world. Your guy, with far greater majority control over the house and senate, apparently couldnt sharpen a pencil without the GOP approval. EVERYTHING is the GOPs fault...to mindless ideologues.
    Well to certain degree, the GOP is part of the Republocrats, and this is all the Republocrats fault. As you have even shown here, Obama is not much different than Bush and expands and refuses to close down many controversial prisons and practices. Peas in a pod.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #50
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Veterans attempt citizens arrest of Rumsfeld in Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well to certain degree, the GOP is part of the Republocrats, and this is all the Republocrats fault. As you have even shown here, Obama is not much different than Bush and expands and refuses to close down many controversial prisons and practices. Peas in a pod.
    Hey, Obama does get some things right.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •