Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 120

Thread: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

  1. #21
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    And in Ohio there is a group of union members suing to not be forced to pay union dues.
    Really whats your point

    Poll: Gov. Kasich Would Lose Do-Over Election By 25 Points | TPMDC

    Ohio Gov. John Kasich gets low approval numbers in another poll | cleveland.com

    Ohio Governor Kasich's Approval Rating Takes a Nosedive ~ Blue Wave News


    Want me to post Rick Scotts abysmal approval rating..


    How about this one Perry......Poll: Gov. Christie’s Approval Rating Slumps To Record Low

    Poll: Gov. Christie's Approval Rating Slumps To Record Low | TPMDC

    Wisconsin Governor Walker: 43% Approval Rating

    Wisconsin Governor Walker: 43% Approval Rating - Rasmussen Reports™


    Now I know you love the teaparty govs and love that they are stripping all their workers of everything.....but they are not as popular with everyone else as you..


    Your hero christie is NO SHOO IN to beat Obama....
    Last edited by lpast; 09-24-11 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Typo

  2. #22
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    What does Christie have to offer that isn't already in the current GOP line-up?

    Haymaket, why the concerns about his stamina? Is he ill? Recovering from illness or injury?
    Christie has Credibility.
    He's really the First to take on a State Budget so directly. Contrast with Shwartzen-something when he came to office and borrowed more money.

    He's also straightforward without being a ignorant cowboy like Perry.
    Iowa Repbulican brass wanted him to run.
    My: http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-ele...p;goto=newpost
    He would be acceptable to Everyone in the GOP from the Giuliani/Snowe Republicans, to Rove-rs, to the Tea Party.
    No one else would.
    He'd also would play well with Swing Voters/Independents as he's not a Bible toter.

    I see him still as not ready though in several ways, but already the favorite for 2016; as I've said before.
    I like him and have made a few strings on it.
    Last edited by mbig; 09-24-11 at 12:22 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  3. #23
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Christie has Credibility.
    He's really the First to take on State Budget so directly. Contrast with Shwartzen-something when he came to office and borrowed more money.

    He's also straightforward without being a ignorant cowboy like Perry.
    Iowa Repbulican brass wanted him to run.
    My: http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-ele...p;goto=newpost
    He would be acceptable to Everyone in the GOP from the Giuliani/Snowe Republicans, to Rove-rs, to the Tea Party.
    No one else would.
    He's also would play well with Swing Voters/Independents as he's not a Bible toter.

    I see him still as not ready though in several ways, but already the favorite for 2016; as I've said before.
    I like him and have made a few strings on it.
    If Obama wins in 2012 I believe Senator ROb Portman will be the GOP nominee in 2016

    So did the late great David Broder



  4. #24
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

    If he doesn't run, good chance he's the Keynote speaker at the convention.
    Often that esteemed position to 'future star.'
    And as I've said before, almost-any-Prez Nominee's First Choice for VP; which I hope he would consider even less than being #1.
    Last edited by mbig; 09-24-11 at 12:20 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  5. #25
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If Obama wins in 2012 I believe Senator ROb Portman will be the GOP nominee in 2016

    So did the late great David Broder
    2012 is the GOPs election to lose...Obama is in no different position than Jimmy Carter was...the difference is there are no reagans...the teaparty wanted ever so badly for Perry to be their reagan and it appears hes muffed it....
    I think romney is best positioned to beat Obama...but of course the teaparty hates him...hes not far right nutter enough for them...hes a <gasp> rino

  6. #26
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    2012 is the GOPs election to lose...Obama is in no different position than Jimmy Carter was...the difference is there are no reagans...the teaparty wanted ever so badly for Perry to be their reagan and it appears hes muffed it....
    I think romney is best positioned to beat Obama...but of course the teaparty hates him...hes not far right nutter enough for them...hes a <gasp> rino
    Probably true enough.

    Romney is the one I think has the best chance if the damn bible thumpers don't go too stupid



  7. #27
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

    You guys can sing Christies praises all you want, the fact is, he is far too fat to be elected president. If he wants the job, he will have to lose some weight to get superficial America to vote for him.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #28
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    You guys can sing Christies praises all you want, the fact is, he is far too fat to be elected president. If he wants the job, he will have to lose some weight to get superficial America to vote for him.
    Yeah , we dealt with that in the other string too.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-ele...post1059481531
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-ele...post1059482630

    That's just one more reason for 2016 instead of 2012.
    look for him to drop 15-20 lbs before the convention.
    Last edited by mbig; 09-24-11 at 12:32 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  9. #29
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    You guys can sing Christies praises all you want, the fact is, he is far too fat to be elected president. If he wants the job, he will have to lose some weight to get superficial America to vote for him.
    I agree with you...what you dont see about christie is...he cant walk from his car to his office without stopping a couple of times...at town hall meetings sweat is pouring off him...thats a normal trait of the morbidly obese...he has asthma and was recently hospitalized being unable to breath...hes in horrid physical condition. What he does have in his favor is that hes a young man still in his 40s...Theres alot of people carrying his water and believe christie is all that...but HEY YO hes never been tested...NEVER on a national stage...no one has dug into past yet....no investigative reporting....no one can know at this point what christie can be as a presidential candidate in the general....it seems whos the most far right will get the most support from the GOP in the primary...

  10. #30
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Yeah , we dealt with that in the other string too.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-ele...post1059481531
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-ele...post1059482630

    That's just one more reason for 2016 instead of 2012.
    look for him to drop 15-20 lbs before the convention.
    Dude that guy is so fat he drops 15 to 20 pounds taking a dump. He needs to drop at least 200 pounds.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •