Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rates

  1. #21
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rat

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    All Americans have a duty to pay their taxes. I would hope we all can agree on that.
    Sure, but not to level and for the reasons you support, namely redistribution of wealth.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #22
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rat

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and yet they still pay millions for the same citizenship benefits that many get for almost next to nothing
    They get the infrastructure, both physical and social that allows them to continue to gain wealth.

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rat

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    They get the infrastructure, both physical and social that allows them to continue to gain wealth.
    You mean they pay for the infrastructure that allows them to continue to gain wealth......just as you do.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #24
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rat

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You mean they pay for the infrastructure that allows them to continue to gain wealth......just as you do.
    Yes. This infrastructure is something necessary to maintain our society for it to continue to function, even if people deem it socialist or theft. However, in the case of investments and industry leaders, there is a multiplier, because each of the people who work to create the wealth for the top people also use this infrastructure, meaning that a single person can benefit from the same bridge many times over while an hourly or salary person, sees less of a multiplier.

    One truism that people often forget is that we all stand on the shoulders and build off the successes of others. No man "did it" on their own, even though individual action is a necessary component of success, it is one component among others and it does not good and is not logical to focus in on one aspect of success can claim it is the only reason it happened.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 09-23-11 at 09:19 AM.

  5. #25
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rat

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Im no fan of barbara boxer...but politifact says that this statement by her is mostly the truth.




    The top 400 earners in this country are worth more than half of the American people," Boxer said. "And since 1995, the top 400 wealthiest families have seen their incomes go up 400 percent and their tax rates go down 40 percent."




    PolitiFact | Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rates fall by 40 percent
    This is why the conservative point that the rich are contributing [whatever percent it is] of federal revenue is meaningless.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  6. #26
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rat

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what is wrong is a system where the many can decide others will pay more and more and more while they pay nothing extra
    Nothing, it's called democracy. The rich have a solution, which is to leave. Then the poor will have to live with less, and if they still want the services eventually they will decide to lower taxes on the rich simply to encourage them to come back. The system naturally balances itself over time.

    I don't think anyone would argue that we are at the point where we need to lower taxes on the rich because too many of them are fleeing the country. I think the rich have gotten an unbelievable return on living in America for the past 10 years -- one they are not going to get anywhere else even if we raised taxes significantly.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  7. #27
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rat

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Yes. This infrastructure is something necessary to maintain our society for it to continue to function, even if people deem it socialist or theft. However, in the case of investments and industry leaders, there is a multiplier, because each of the people who work to create the wealth for the top people also use this infrastructure, meaning that a single person can benefit from the same bridge many times over while an hourly or salary person, sees less of a multiplier.

    One truism that people often forget is that we all stand on the shoulders and build off the successes of others. No man "did it" on their own, even though individual action is a necessary component of success, it is one component among others and it does not good and is not logical to focus in on one aspect of success can claim it is the only reason it happened.
    No one forgot, because it's not a truism. Parts of what you say are true, but as a whole it is ridiculous to think that tons of people worked in unison to make a few rich. It's totally against human nature. And if it were the goal of this supposed group to work in unison to make a few rich, then they achieved their goal and wouldn't then sit around bitching about their success.

    All this liberal pap is nothing but crap.
    Last edited by American; 09-23-11 at 10:43 AM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #28
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rat

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Everyone pays taxes. You need to learn your own tax system it seems.
    that is funny



  9. #29
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rat

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You will just never get it will ya....or you do and you just blow it off.....400 americans make more and have more than the entire bottom 50% ....400 have more than almost 200,000,000 thats why they pay more taxs....because they SUCK half of the wealth of the entire country out of it
    the public sector union nonsense again

    yet all you people do is want to stick it to the rich-not just those 400



  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Barbara Boxer says 400 richest taxpayers saw incomes grow by 400 percent, tax rat

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Sure, but not to level and for the reasons you support, namely redistribution of wealth.
    we all must have missed the portion of your post where you quoted me on what you claim I believe.

    Run it again.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •