Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

  1. #1
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Rep. Walsh is a member of the Tea Party contingent in the House. Does anyone think that the media will protect President Obama because he black? What would you say about a person that would say this???



  2. #2
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    What a crock. The media has been attacking Obama on all sorts of things. Even if the media wouldn't attack a black person, Obama would not be exempt - he is mulatto.
    I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was wedding between the religious fundamentalists and political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it. ~ Billy Graham in Parade magazine February 1, 1981.

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    I'm so tired of liberals pulling out the race ca....oh wait.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    yay.. the race card pulled by another nitwit with an agenda.

  5. #5
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    What a crock. The media has been attacking Obama on all sorts of things. Even if the media wouldn't attack a black person, Obama would not be exempt - he is mulatto.
    Aside from not being, "Liberal enough", what have they attacked him on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #6
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Caving in to the GOP during the debt crisis negotiations
    Not lifting don't ask / don't tell sooner
    Caving into the GOP on the public option being part of the healthcare package
    Both being too cozy and not cozy enough with Israel
    Not immediately removing troops from Iraq after election
    Not closing Gitmo

    I can name more, but why list them all?
    I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was wedding between the religious fundamentalists and political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it. ~ Billy Graham in Parade magazine February 1, 1981.

  7. #7
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,736

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Aside from not being, "Liberal enough", what have they attacked him on?
    Fox News is part of the media therefore the answer is literally everything.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #8
    User GSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-12-11 @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    67

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    The mainstream media will not/does not protect him because he is black, that is ridiculous, and offensive. They protect him becuse he is a Democrat.
    We need to replace the Bark and Rubber Matting in playgrounds with Concrete. First, it will create jobs, and Second, it will teach our children that when you fall, it will hurt, and you may bleed or break something. Teaching children that they can fall 4' and not get hurt will only addict them to crack of not paying consequences, and create more Democrats.

  9. #9
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,736

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by GSE View Post
    The mainstream media will not/does not protect him because he is black, that is ridiculous, and offensive. They protect him becuse he is a Democrat.
    They don't protect him. You just have that perception because in your world "not rabidly attacking Obama" is the same thing as "protecting Obama." See, more reasonable people think there's not much to "protect" him from because more reasonable people are not irrationally angry about every single thing the man does. (OMG Obama ate a hot dog with mustard on it! How can he and his wife talk about childhood obesity!!!!!)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #10
    User GSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-12-11 @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    67

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    They don't protect him. You just have that perception because in your world "not rabidly attacking Obama" is the same thing as "protecting Obama." See, more reasonable people think there's not much to "protect" him from because more reasonable people are not irrationally angry about every single thing the man does. (OMG Obama ate a hot dog with mustard on it! How can he and his wife talk about childhood obesity!!!!!)
    Really? My world? I may be new here, but I did take the time to review the posting for civility/IQ. Your reply, which is the first I have received, sounds pretty personal and assuming. I will try and maintain the civility I was instructed to exhibit, but I do prefer tackle football to touch.

    As for the content of your post......are you kidding? you really don't think the mainstream media is not biased? or is that you would prefer we not acknowledge it? There is no doubt that we can both agree that Fox is biased, but do you really think the other media sources are not? And as they are biased, and there is far more that are biased to the Liberal side, then how can you possibly come to the conclusion you apparently have? Just watch 12 -14 seconds of Meet the Press. I do not think it is possible to not be exposed to bias in the media, the key is to recognize it so that you can put it in perspective. There is no reason that a Liberal and a Conservative cannot have a civil debate, I pursue conversations with people who do not agree with me so that I can learn where they stand, and what brought them to the conclusions they have. Changing their mind is not the objective. Conversations with people I agree with are boring.

    BTW, A mirror is the kryptonite to hypocrisy.
    Last edited by GSE; 09-24-11 at 02:14 PM.
    We need to replace the Bark and Rubber Matting in playgrounds with Concrete. First, it will create jobs, and Second, it will teach our children that when you fall, it will hurt, and you may bleed or break something. Teaching children that they can fall 4' and not get hurt will only addict them to crack of not paying consequences, and create more Democrats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •