Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,782

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by GSE View Post
    Wow. you obviously did not read the post you responded to. Go back and read the 4th sentence in the second paragraph of the post you quoted....here I will make it easier for you" There is no doubt that we can both agree that Fox is biased Now, how does that mesh with your comment about those who use the term "mainstream media"?

    11,730 posts, and this is the quality? Really? what is the point of posting if you do not read what you are responding to? Although I guess when you are posting 26.06 posts per day, seven days per week for 15 months, it's kinda tough to actually read them all, huh? Must be an awful lot of assumptions being made when you have to speed read the blogs to keep up that kind of posting, .......do you know what is at the foundation of assumptions? Bias. Can you believe the irony?
    You talked about the mainstream media as if Fox News were separate from it.
    Unless you meant that Fox News is also defending Obama because he's a Democrat.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    User GSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-12-11 @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    67

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You talked about the mainstream media as if Fox News were separate from it.
    Unless you meant that Fox News is also defending Obama because he's a Democrat.
    ??? I said There was no doubt we could agree Fox was biased, and went on to say they are all biased, and that it is impossible to find a lack of bias in the media. The point is to indentify it so that you can put what you read/hear/see in perpsective. I did assume that you would understand that there is bias in more than one direction, and that the bias Fox has is not favorable to Obama. See, one more example of not actually reading the post, but hey, that's another post down, and only 25.06 to go for the day.

    Let me ask you a question, do you think it odd that ABC and NBC did not even mention the Solyndra execs taking the Fifth in their Friday night evening coverage, and CBS gave it a cursory 25 seconds.....or how about Good Morning America's fat cracks about Gov Christie? Saying the other GOP candidates are "too small"? So yes, Fox is biased, and yes, Fx is part of the mainstream media, but Fos is the only mainstream news media that is biased away from Obama, and they are outnumbered by quite a bit, not to mention the bias in SNL, Bill Maher, The Today Show, Meet the Press, Good Morning America, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

    To deny Bias in the media is imbecilic, and to deny that the overwhelming component of that bias is liberal is imbecilicsquared (puns on)
    Last edited by GSE; 09-25-11 at 10:51 AM.
    We need to replace the Bark and Rubber Matting in playgrounds with Concrete. First, it will create jobs, and Second, it will teach our children that when you fall, it will hurt, and you may bleed or break something. Teaching children that they can fall 4' and not get hurt will only addict them to crack of not paying consequences, and create more Democrats.

  3. #23
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by GSE View Post
    ??? I said There was no doubt we could agree Fox was biased, and went on to say they are all biased, and that it is impossible to find a lack of bias in the media. The point is to indentify it so that you can put what you read/hear/see in perpsective. I did assume that you would understand that there is bias in more than one direction, and that the bias Fox has is not favorable to Obama. See, one more example of not actually reading the post, but hey, that's another post down, and only 25.06 to go for the day.

    Let me ask you a question, do you think it odd that ABC and NBC did not even mention the Solyndra execs taking the Fifth in their Friday night evening coverage, and CBS gave it a cursory 25 seconds.....or how about Good Morning America's fat cracks about Gov Christie? Saying the other GOP candidates are "too small"? So yes, Fox is biased, and yes, Fx is part of the mainstream media, but Fos is the only mainstream news media that is biased away from Obama, and they are outnumbered by quite a bit, not to mention the bias in SNL, Bill Maher, The Today Show, Meet the Press, Good Morning America, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

    To deny Bias in the media is imbecilic, and to deny that the overwhelming component of that bias is liberal is imbecilicsquared (puns on)
    Why don't you give Newsbusters credit for those stats?

    Sure the media is biased, it's a corporate bias. You have no idea why they didn't cover the execs taking the Fifth. The fact they took the Fifth has little to do with Obama and maybe because the powerful conservative Walton family was involved with restructuring the loan.


  4. #24
    User GSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-12-11 @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    67

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Why don't you give Newsbusters credit for those stats?

    Sure the media is biased, it's a corporate bias. You have no idea why they didn't cover the execs taking the Fifth. The fact they took the Fifth has little to do with Obama and maybe because the powerful conservative Walton family was involved with restructuring the loan.
    The question is why was it not covered, unbiased news media would not exlcude it becuase it's news. $500 million dollars of tax payer money is lost, they agreed to testify, and then they took the Fifth. What possible justification is there for not reporting this? You are right that I do not know for sure why they did not cover it, but I do have every right to question it...so why would they not cover it? Hmmmmmmmm, let me think....what could it be?..........unreported news story........not positive for the President during a particulalry vuulnerable time period.......what could it be????? ....I know there is something here....could it be? Bias? Nah...gotta be something else...right? I mean you are not suggesting that it would not be covered were it a Republican President are you?

    Does it occur to you that not reporting news opens the same door taking the Fifth does. While taking the Fifth is a Constitutional right, our Founding fathers never said you were guaranteed protection from the questions raised by taking the Fifth....which means a media source is not protected from the questions raised by taking the Fifth on covering a news story.

    And does not assigning credit for stats somehow deny their validity? I see an awful lot of stats posted here where the poster did not credit the source........I would hate to think those stats are considered fiction because of that, unless of course the rule only applies to stats that oppose your views, because that would be ......do you see it coming? .....wait for it...here it comes......Bias.
    Last edited by GSE; 09-25-11 at 05:05 PM.
    We need to replace the Bark and Rubber Matting in playgrounds with Concrete. First, it will create jobs, and Second, it will teach our children that when you fall, it will hurt, and you may bleed or break something. Teaching children that they can fall 4' and not get hurt will only addict them to crack of not paying consequences, and create more Democrats.

  5. #25
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Of course not, how absurd. they protect him because he is a democrat.
    Bingo. The race card pulled by anyone is stupid --- The media would be defending and turning a blind eye for any Democrat. And while the media has in the last year put it's toe in the water with some concerns in the press and on media outlets, they have in no way possible given any stretch of the imagination, given Obama the criticism that he would/could have if he had a (R) next to his name.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #26
    User GSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-12-11 @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    67

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Bingo. The race card pulled by anyone is stupid --- The media would be defending and turning a blind eye for any Democrat. And while the media has in the last year put it's toe in the water with some concerns in the press and on media outlets, they have in no way possible given any stretch of the imagination, given Obama the criticism that he would/could have if he had a (R) next to his name.
    Shhhhhhh, they'll know you are not drinking the Kool Aid
    Kool Aid.jpg
    We need to replace the Bark and Rubber Matting in playgrounds with Concrete. First, it will create jobs, and Second, it will teach our children that when you fall, it will hurt, and you may bleed or break something. Teaching children that they can fall 4' and not get hurt will only addict them to crack of not paying consequences, and create more Democrats.

  7. #27
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by GSE View Post
    The question is why was it not covered, unbiased news media would not exlcude it becuase it's news. $500 million dollars of tax payer money is lost, they agreed to testify, and then they took the Fifth. What possible justification is there for not reporting this? You are right that I do not know for sure why they did not cover it, but I do have every right to question it...so why would they not cover it? Hmmmmmmmm, let me think....what could it be?..........unreported news story........not positive for the President during a particulalry vuulnerable time period.......what could it be????? ....I know there is something here....could it be? Bias? Nah...gotta be something else...right? I mean you are not suggesting that it would not be covered were it a Republican President are you?

    Does it occur to you that not reporting news opens the same door taking the Fifth does. While taking the Fifth is a Constitutional right, our Founding fathers never said you were guaranteed protection from the questions raised by taking the Fifth....which means a media source is not protected from the questions raised by taking the Fifth on covering a news story.

    And does not assigning credit for stats somehow deny their validity? I see an awful lot of stats posted here where the poster did not credit the source........I would hate to think those stats are considered fiction because of that, unless of course the rule only applies to stats that oppose your views, because that would be ......do you see it coming? .....wait for it...here it comes......Bias.
    I don't know why the Solyndra execs pleaded the 5th and neither do you. You can claim media bias all you want, but the fact is the Bush Administration has a history with Solyndra which goes back to 2007. So, be careful what you wish for.

    Exclusive Timeline: Bush Administration Advanced Solyndra Loan Guarantee for Two Years, Media Blow the Story | ThinkProgress


  8. #28
    User GSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-12-11 @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    67

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I don't know why the Solyndra execs pleaded the 5th and neither do you. You can claim media bias all you want, but the fact is the Bush Administration has a history with Solyndra which goes back to 2007. So, be careful what you wish for.

    Exclusive Timeline: Bush Administration Advanced Solyndra Loan Guarantee for Two Years, Media Blow the Story | ThinkProgress
    Interesting, Do you recall the mainstream media outcry when Condi declined to testify? And yes the Solyndra loan dates back to Bush, but it was not approved under Bush, it was approved by the Obama White House, are you suggesting the Obama White House approval of the Solyndra loan is somehow Bush's fault? Is anything Obama's fault?

    We do know why the Solyndra Executives pleaded the Fifth, becuase it is their constitutional right. My point is that there are questions raised when you plead the Fifth, and they are legitimate, and fair questions. The constitution protects you from self incrimination, but not from questions raised by seeking that protection. It is fair and reasonable to assume innocent people do not need to protect themselves from self incrimination. In addition, there are also reasonable questions raised when a media source (or several) fail to cover this story. Obama did campaign on an open and transparent government, and the American people deserve to know what happened to their $500 million dollars. My comments would be the same if a Republican were in office and it was Fox that did not cover this, do you think the the democrats would be as indifferent? This is as much about hypocrisy as it is bias.
    We need to replace the Bark and Rubber Matting in playgrounds with Concrete. First, it will create jobs, and Second, it will teach our children that when you fall, it will hurt, and you may bleed or break something. Teaching children that they can fall 4' and not get hurt will only addict them to crack of not paying consequences, and create more Democrats.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •