Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

  1. #11
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by GSE View Post
    Really? My world? I may be new here, but I did take the time to review the posting for civility/IQ. Your reply, which is the first I have received, sounds pretty personal and assuming. I will try and maintain the civility I was instructed to exhibit, but I do prefer tackle football to touch.

    As for the content of your post......are you kidding? you really don't think the mainstream media is not biased? or is that you would prefer we not acknowledge it? There is no doubt that we can both agree that Fox is biased, but do you really think the other media sources are not? And as they are biased, and there is far more that are biased to the Liberal side, then how can you possibly come to the conclusion you apparently have? Just watch 12 -14 seconds of Meet the Press. I do not think it is possible to not be exposed to bias in the media, the key is to recognize it so that you can put it in perspective. There is no reason that a Liberal and a Conservative cannot have a civil debate, I pursue conversations with people who do not agree with me so that I can learn where they stand, and what brought them to the conclusions they have. Changing their mind is not the objective. Conversations with people I agree with are boring.

    BTW, A mirror is the kryptonite to hypocrisy.
    All media organizations are biased. Financially biased. They sell you a product. With most of them, that product is "whatever gets you to watch." This means making anything more exciting or scary than it really is. With Fox, that product happens to be "everything liberals do is bad. If a liberal adopts a puppy, it's still bad somehow." (which is the same thing, making something more exciting or scary than it really is)

    The real world is not in black and white. It is possible to be:
    1) Not biased against Obama
    2) Not biased for Obama
    3) Biased
    All at the same time.

    People who use the term "mainstream media" and exclude Fox News from that label aren't looking for rational discussion.
    Last edited by Deuce; 09-24-11 at 07:29 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #12
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Rep. Walsh is a member of the Tea Party contingent in the House. Does anyone think that the media will protect President Obama because he black? What would you say about a person that would say this???

    Of course not, how absurd. they protect him because he is a democrat.

  3. #13
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    What did he say that was different than what Maxine Waters said just a few weeks ago? SHE...a black woman...a black congresswoman...a member of the CBC WANTS to attack him but she CANT...she wants to attack his FAILINGS but she cant. Why? For NO other reason than the fact he is black and the black constituents would turn on the members of the CBC if they dared to call him out for what she perceives as his failings.

    So...did all of you good folks that are currently losing you mind over THIS comment say the same thing when Maxine Waters made her comments?

  4. #14
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,174

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by GSE View Post
    The mainstream media will not/does not protect him because he is black, that is ridiculous, and offensive. They protect him becuse he is a Democrat.
    I think that you are right about this, except that I agree with Deuce that Fox is part of the mainstream media.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #15
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    All media organizations are biased. Financially biased. They sell you a product. With most of them, that product is "whatever gets you to watch." This means making anything more exciting or scary than it really is. With Fox, that product happens to be "everything liberals do is bad. If a liberal adopts a puppy, it's still bad somehow." (which is the same thing, making something more exciting or scary than it really is)

    The real world is not in black and white. It is possible to be:
    1) Not biased against Obama
    2) Not biased for Obama
    3) Biased
    All at the same time.

    People who use the term "mainstream media" and exclude Fox News from that label aren't looking for rational discussion.
    so wait, you are saying Fox News is mainstream?

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    What did he say that was different than what Maxine Waters said just a few weeks ago? SHE...a black woman...a black congresswoman...a member of the CBC WANTS to attack him but she CANT...she wants to attack his FAILINGS but she cant. Why? For NO other reason than the fact he is black and the black constituents would turn on the members of the CBC if they dared to call him out for what she perceives as his failings.
    Don't forget Cleaver!

    Rep. Cleaver: If Obama Wasn

    So...did all of you good folks that are currently losing you mind over THIS comment say the same thing when Maxine Waters made her comments?
    Now, you know they didn't and you know why they didn't. Dare to me to say it?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    What did he say that was different than what Maxine Waters said just a few weeks ago? SHE...a black woman...a black congresswoman...a member of the CBC WANTS to attack him but she CANT...she wants to attack his FAILINGS but she cant. Why? For NO other reason than the fact he is black and the black constituents would turn on the members of the CBC if they dared to call him out for what she perceives as his failings.
    First, much, if not most or all, of the black community criticizes Obama on a regular basis and are pissed at him - so your idea that "black constituents would turn on the CBC if they criticized him" is rooted in a disconnect from reality. Second, she criticizes him a lot actually so another disconnect from reality.

    But thanks for pointing out all the black people involved in this scenario.

  8. #18
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    so wait, you are saying Fox News is mainstream?
    Highest rated cable news network by a wide margin. Yes. They're mainstream.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #19
    User GSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-12-11 @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    67

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    All media organizations are biased. Financially biased. They sell you a product. With most of them, that product is "whatever gets you to watch." This means making anything more exciting or scary than it really is. With Fox, that product happens to be "everything liberals do is bad. If a liberal adopts a puppy, it's still bad somehow." (which is the same thing, making something more exciting or scary than it really is)

    The real world is not in black and white. It is possible to be:
    1) Not biased against Obama
    2) Not biased for Obama
    3) Biased
    All at the same time.

    People who use the term "mainstream media" and exclude Fox News from that label aren't looking for rational discussion.

    Wow. you obviously did not read the post you responded to. Go back and read the 4th sentence in the second paragraph of the post you quoted....here I will make it easier for you" There is no doubt that we can both agree that Fox is biased Now, how does that mesh with your comment about those who use the term "mainstream media"?

    11,730 posts, and this is the quality? Really? what is the point of posting if you do not read what you are responding to? Although I guess when you are posting 26.06 posts per day, seven days per week for 15 months, it's kinda tough to actually read them all, huh? Must be an awful lot of assumptions being made when you have to speed read the blogs to keep up that kind of posting, .......do you know what is at the foundation of assumptions? Bias. Can you believe the irony?
    We need to replace the Bark and Rubber Matting in playgrounds with Concrete. First, it will create jobs, and Second, it will teach our children that when you fall, it will hurt, and you may bleed or break something. Teaching children that they can fall 4' and not get hurt will only addict them to crack of not paying consequences, and create more Democrats.

  10. #20
    User GSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-12-11 @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    67

    Re: Rep. Walsh: Media protects Obama because he's black

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I think that you are right about this, except that I agree with Deuce that Fox is part of the mainstream media.
    if you read my post, I said "There is no doubt that we can both agree that Fox is biased " (4th sentence, 2nd paragraph)........the fact is they are all biased, the point is to be able to identify it so that you can put what you hear/see in perpsective.
    We need to replace the Bark and Rubber Matting in playgrounds with Concrete. First, it will create jobs, and Second, it will teach our children that when you fall, it will hurt, and you may bleed or break something. Teaching children that they can fall 4' and not get hurt will only addict them to crack of not paying consequences, and create more Democrats.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •