Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
Results 701 to 708 of 708

Thread: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

  1. #701
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    "You can't prove its not edited can you?"
    This straight clip was passed to Dreamworks to CGI the man getting shot. Thats what it was.

  2. #702
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    What I would like to know is, when is OWS going to protest in John Corzine's front yard?

  3. #703
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    This straight clip was passed to Dreamworks to CGI the man getting shot. Thats what it was.
    Thanks for your honesty.....

    (how is that for debating like an OWS supporter?)
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #704
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise



  5. #705
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Obama, the OWS and the majority of Americans all want the same thing, a tax system that restores some of the progressiveness that has been cut away over the last 30 years. The disparity of wealth, not this great since the 1920's is not working for the middle class or our economy.
    I accept that the tax system is all screwed up. Those that have the MOST are typically paying the least... And it's sick.

    Now, if you're going to create a taxing scheme to get the money out of those that have it to spare, this is why if you want a tax, to make it a sales tax on investments of say, 1%. With the trillions of dollars per day moving in stocks and bonds, that would instantly add billions of dollars back to the government and would only be hitting those with a surplus of money with which to invest.

    This will ALSO create a margin within investment costs that would eliminate some of the speculation and create a less favorable atmosphere for tactics like "high-frequency trades" because of the tax the benefits from market manipulation techniques like that and others.

  6. #706
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I accept that the tax system is all screwed up. Those that have the MOST are typically paying the least... And it's sick.

    Now, if you're going to create a taxing scheme to get the money out of those that have it to spare, this is why if you want a tax, to make it a sales tax on investments of say, 1%. With the trillions of dollars per day moving in stocks and bonds, that would instantly add billions of dollars back to the government and would only be hitting those with a surplus of money with which to invest.

    This will ALSO create a margin within investment costs that would eliminate some of the speculation and create a less favorable atmosphere for tactics like "high-frequency trades" because of the tax the benefits from market manipulation techniques like that and others.
    Yes, eliminating the tax breaks for investments would help.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #707
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    according to the latest news,the protests have been spreading all over America.Finally the americans woke up

  8. #708
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    according to the latest news,the protests have been spreading all over America.Finally the americans woke up
    It's too bad that so many have been asleep for so long that they don't' really know what's going on yet... all they know is they are stuck holding the bag and they don't like the smell of what's inside.

    So long as this movement does not get fully co-opted by those with vested interests in the status quo.

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •