Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 708

Thread: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

  1. #591
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,343

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Here are some pics proving that the pedestrian walkway is in the center of the bridge, above the roadway

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #592
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,342

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    I've seen the video.

    The officers were facing the crowd, blocking access to the traffic lanes.

    Then they suddenly turned around and, remaining in a line, began to precede the crowd onto the bridge.

    I have no idea why they did this, but the crowd following them could be an honest mistake on their part.

    They werent pushing more than normal crowd buffeting. There was chanting of "take the bridge".

    But the officers weren't overwhelmed. They just turned around and "led" the crowd onto the bridge.

    Its odd, and I bet it turns out to be no-fault in court because of it.
    Its hard to tell what it LOOKS like with absolutely no context..... which is par for the course here.

    We'll see videos of police taking folks into custody but no evidence of what happened before...

    We'll see videos zoomed in as far as you can on one detail, but ignoring the others.

    Ive seen a video where they were showing the arrest of a guy, and another guy jumped in and started assaulting cops, and the cameraman quickly moved to a different angle so you couldn't see the dude attacking police... imagine that.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #593
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 08:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Here are some pics proving that the pedestrian walkway is in the center of the bridge, above the roadway

    Looks like someone just won the debate :-0.

  4. #594
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Straw man. I never said you didn't use the word violence to describe the polices' actions
    It's not a strawman if you understand the arguement. The word "hostile" doesn't have to include "violence", the word "violence" does have to include "violence". The other poster was confused about the word "hostile" to mean "violence" (i.e. rip them to shreds). I'm pointing out what the correct context for each usage are.



    Nonsense. If the protesters did not present any threat of violence or harm, then why would the police react with violence?
    Because the police thought they were hostile.



    And again, you claim that the police had a reason to feel threatened, after claiming that the protestors did not present any threat of violence or harm
    Right. The key word is "feel". When hundreds of people who I think are hostile crowd in on me, I have every reasons to feel threatened, whether in actual fact they mean to harm me or not. I can't read their minds.


    And people are allowed to say whatever they want to the police. It's called "free speech", not "baiting"
    No, people are not allowed to say whatever they want to the police. Inciting riot for example is a crime (though I do not think this is a case of inciting riot). And they didn't just "say", they moved in on the police. As I said, the video shows the police to be in a very claustrophobic position. At the end of that video, one of the protestors were thanking the police for beating them as it furthers their propaganda.
    Last edited by nonpareil; 10-13-11 at 12:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  5. #595
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Its hard to tell what it LOOKS like with absolutely no context..... which is par for the course here.

    We'll see videos of police taking folks into custody but no evidence of what happened before...

    We'll see videos zoomed in as far as you can on one detail, but ignoring the others.

    Ive seen a video where they were showing the arrest of a guy, and another guy jumped in and started assaulting cops, and the cameraman quickly moved to a different angle so you couldn't see the dude attacking police... imagine that.

    That the police were walking in front of the crowd and all was peaceful is enough context that the police didn't stop the protestors from getting onto the lanes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  6. #596
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    I'm following one of the "occupy dallas" streams on twitter. They're asking for donations.

    Oh. And "shelving." They have a lawyer filing motions to stay orders so you know your donations are well managed.

    Give what you can. Election day is a long way off. Keep the Flea Party hopping!

  7. #597
    I support ██ ███
    jasonxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise




  8. #598
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    "The protestors approved at one of their general assemblies . . . " that they would stay at the park.

    These people R2cute4wurdz!

    God bwess deh pointy widdle heads!

    Oh And no arrests. (The vid promises a little action, but none comes.)

  9. #599
    I support ██ ███
    jasonxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    2 arrests, cops left.



  10. #600
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Oh wow bummer.

    No cops no coverage.

    Maybe tomorrow.

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •