Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 708

Thread: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

  1. #581
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Actually the entry to the walkway is behind all of this. You can see it in the other videos.

    The police in question were actually standing on a roadway that was obviously closed down.

    Then they turned around and in a line started walking onto the bridge.

    It LOOKS like they led them onto the bridge.

    Enough so it may provide a defense.

    Because if the cops are facing you blocking an entrance then turn and apparently escort forward, it is logical to assume they're allowing you to proceed. Inferring permission.
    The continued excuses by the libs, as you demonstrate here, is beyond absurd. The police say that the mob was told to stay in the pedestrian lanes on the bridge. That is the law, btw. To even assume that the mob was given an OK to break the law, and block the traffic lanes up on top of the Brooklyn Bridge, is beyond silly. Are yu claiming that they thought it was OK ? Are we in agreement that libs in a mob are that stupid ? They are, but I can't believe any lib would acknowledge such !

    Trust that I smile in anticipation here. These completely dumbass protesters cannot help themselves. They are liberal protesters. They have minimal respect for the law. When they gather anywhere, unlike the Tea Party, they trash the joint. Crap on police cars. Smoke doobies. Be idiots. They will continue to trash the law. Cause they are libs. They cannot help themselves.

    Watch and learn Grasshopper. See you here the day after Nov 2012. When we look at the repudiation of liberal stupidity for the second consecutive cycle.

    And then we begin to fix things. Its gonna hurt.

  2. #582
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The continued excuses by the libs, as you demonstrate here, is beyond absurd. The police say that the mob was told to stay in the pedestrian lanes on the bridge. That is the law, btw. To even assume that the mob was given an OK to break the law, and block the traffic lanes up on top of the Brooklyn Bridge, is beyond silly. Are yu claiming that they thought it was OK ? Are we in agreement that libs in a mob are that stupid ? They are, but I can't believe any lib would acknowledge such !

    Trust that I smile in anticipation here. These completely dumbass protesters cannot help themselves. They are liberal protesters. They have minimal respect for the law. When they gather anywhere, unlike the Tea Party, they trash the joint. Crap on police cars. Smoke doobies. Be idiots. They will continue to trash the law. Cause they are libs. They cannot help themselves.

    Watch and learn Grasshopper. See you here the day after Nov 2012. When we look at the repudiation of liberal stupidity for the second consecutive cycle.

    And then we begin to fix things. Its gonna hurt.
    I have extensive experience with the Rainbow Gathering. A 30-some year.ongoing annual war protest.

    Held on public land without permission or permit.

    An average of 20,000 people gather each year to protest against war.

    When their cleanup crews leave a month or two later, only an expert can tell they were there. A year later, even they can't.

    They have a much better reputation with federal forestry than the Sierra Club.

    So you're wrong about protests and cleanup. Because I know of a group that is exemplary in this regard. And I know you can't prove otherwise.

    But I know you'll come up with something, some of what I've seen from you has actually been pretty entertaining.

    Just not in the way you hope.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #583
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    IMO, you are being disingenous. WHen you originally used the word hostile, it was to justify/explain the polices' use of violence
    And I used the word "violence" to characterise the police's actions. You see how the words are used in its correct context?


    You were obviously using the first definition, not the other three, in order to misportray the protesters "hostility" as one that threatened the safety of the police because without the threat of violence implied by your use of the word "hostile", the police would have no need to "act out in defense" of themselves.
    Wrong. Notice the words "you think". And the "characteristics of being an enemy" doesn't imply "threat of violence" or "threatened the safety [of someone]", enemies don't always have to be violent to each other or threaten the safety of the other.

    And the police are supposed to be professionals, and not get violent in response to "bait". They have rules and laws which govern when they are authorized to use force on american citizens
    And people are supposed to not bait them either. When feeling threatened, they have a right to retaliate, the right and wrong comes later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  4. #584
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    They led them ONTO the bridge, they didn't lead them INTO the street (travel lanes).

    The police were shown in front of the crowd walking on the car lanes, everyone was peaceful. Denying that the police allowed the protestors onto the car lanes is futile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  5. #585
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I feel Sam Harris (Also a wealthy person) writes this perfectly. Please do not quote from the rest of the article unless you read it entirely though. (Which I encourage you to do):



    A New Year’s Resolution for the Rich : Sam Harris
    Huge load of crap. Mumbo jumbo, nothing else. He is basically saying that he is not interested in paying higher taxes unless it's spent in only ways he supports. Wow, he is like so many others. I'll pay higher taxes if ever penny goes to lowering the deficit and we quit deficit spending.

  6. #586
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Huge load of crap. Mumbo jumbo, nothing else. He is basically saying that he is not interested in paying higher taxes unless it's spent in only ways he supports. Wow, he is like so many others. I'll pay higher taxes if ever penny goes to lowering the deficit and we quit deficit spending.
    The part I quoted simply states that him giving his money to the government would do nothing. If someone donated 1 million dollars (A large chunk of change) it would do nothing to our deficit.

  7. #587
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    It doesn't show that at all. It shows them on a small portion of an entry-exit as they move towards the bridge. They were told to stay on the walkways once on the bridge, which are fairly wide. Instead they blocked all three lanes on that side of the bridge while on the bridge. No police leading them. In fact, the police came up the bridge from the other direction so as to arrest them. That is what the video shows.
    More dishonesty from the right.

    The cops did not say "once on the bridge". Rightwingers have to make stuff up in order to have something to say
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #588
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    BS. They are not on the bridge yet. When the camera angle widens, you can still see another "On ramp" with cars coming up even further to the left. The marchers have to cross that active roadway as well, to then get to the bridge, and its wide walkways. What is evident is that the police escorted the group as it had to cross active roadways. That makes sense. But once up on the bridge, they were to stay in the walkways, and not obstruct traffic on their own, which they clearly did in the longer video, blocking all lanes.

    So is the choice now between what you say, or what my "lying" eyes can see ?
    You are being very dishonest. The cops and the protesters are on the roadway of the bridge. The walkway is elevated ABOVE THE ROADWAY and can be clearly seen on the right-hand side of the video. People do not have to walk on the roadway to reach the walkway. Any moron would realize how stupid it would be to make access to a pedestrian walkway require walking along the roadway of the bridge. The entrance to the walkway is at the base of the bridge, which can be seen if you go to Google maps, enter "Brooklyn Bridge promenade, New York, NY" in the search bar, and use the "street view". The promenade is in the CENTER OF THE BRIDGE, above the roadway
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #589
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    And I used the word "violence" to characterise the police's actions. You see how the words are used in its correct context?
    Straw man. I never said you didn't use the word violence to describe the polices' actions


    Wrong. Notice the words "you think". And the "characteristics of being an enemy" doesn't imply "threat of violence" or "threatened the safety [of someone]", enemies don't always have to be violent to each other or threaten the safety of the other.
    Nonsense. If the protesters did not present any threat of violence or harm, then why would the police react with violence?


    And people are supposed to not bait them either. When feeling threatened, they have a right to retaliate, the right and wrong comes later.
    And again, you claim that the police had a reason to feel threatened, after claiming that the protestors did not present any threat of violence or harm

    And people are allowed to say whatever they want to the police. It's called "free speech", not "baiting"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #590
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You are being very dishonest. The cops and the protesters are on the roadway of the bridge. The walkway is elevated ABOVE THE ROADWAY and can be clearly seen on the right-hand side of the video. People do not have to walk on the roadway to reach the walkway. Any moron would realize how stupid it would be to make access to a pedestrian walkway require walking along the roadway of the bridge. The entrance to the walkway is at the base of the bridge, which can be seen if you go to Google maps, enter "Brooklyn Bridge promenade, New York, NY" in the search bar, and use the "street view". The promenade is in the CENTER OF THE BRIDGE, above the roadway
    You're never gonna get an inch from those following Rep Kings marching orders.

    If, as it looks to me, it was a "fog of war"/communication breakdown/misunderstanding that led to the protesters being on the bridge, the naysayers lose that tasty 700 number. (Who by the way were ticketed and released on site, not taken to jail, so "arrest" while technically correct is kinda dramatic.)

    How many have been arrested aside from that 700?

    How many have actually gone to jail?

    Certainly nowhere near 700, so they'd lose their usefulness as a propaganda tool.

    (Note that I'm the "liberal" here who has been coming down on the side of LE in most of the incidents posted to date. Not that individual behavior isn't excessive in some cases, but that legitimate crowd control issues are being addressed in most of them.)
    Last edited by What if...?; 10-12-11 at 12:08 PM.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •