Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 708

Thread: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    1) The Housing Bubble was not a natural catastrophe
    2) The bubble was caused by an excess of confidence, not a lack of confidence
    3) Govt debt had nothing to do with the collapse
    My 3 points were in answer to a question about what I felt has caused the Recession, and why it has sustained.

    See you are still slaving away at that post count

  2. #412
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    From the statistics I have seen, the jobless rate for college graduates is much lower than the overall rate. We also know that college graduates come in all shapes and sizes. For example, I am told that some number of the protesters are current college kids. If they were dedicated students they would be in class doing their work.

    Again, my concern is the feeling by so many in America that they can't succeed.
    The jobless rates are high for everyone. And I'm told that a number of all protests are current college kids, including teabaggers.

    So what?

    They are protesting the fact that in a nation that is supposed to have a govt by the people, of the people, and for the people, we have a govt that is controlled by big money interests

    Our health care system is controlled by insurance and pharma corps, because that's what Wall St wants
    Our financial system is controlled by banks and financial services corps, because that's what Wall St wants
    Out food system is controlled by large argricultural corps, because that what Wall st wants
    Our energy system is controlled by oil, gas, and coal corps, because that what Wall St wants
    Our media is controlled by a few large corps, because that what Wall St wants

    And our political system is controlled by Wall St, and the rightwing approves
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #413
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    My 3 points were in answer to a question about what I felt has caused the Recession, and why it has sustained.

    See you are still slaving away at that post count
    Your 3 points are nothing but slogans that you repeat but do not understand. The housing bubble did not just pop up out of nowhere. it was not a natural occurance, but one that was created by Wall St and the politicians who serve them
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    01-09-12 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The jobless rates are high for everyone. And I'm told that a number of all protests are current college kids, including teabaggers.

    So what?

    They are protesting the fact that in a nation that is supposed to have a govt by the people, of the people, and for the people, we have a govt that is controlled by big money interests

    Our health care system is controlled by insurance and pharma corps, because that's what Wall St wants
    Our financial system is controlled by banks and financial services corps, because that's what Wall St wants
    Out food system is controlled by large argricultural corps, because that what Wall st wants
    Our energy system is controlled by oil, gas, and coal corps, because that what Wall St wants
    Our media is controlled by a few large corps, because that what Wall St wants

    And our political system is controlled by Wall St, and the rightwing approves
    Of course we are controlled by money. We are a capitalist nation, always have been and always will be.

  5. #415
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by coolwalker View Post
    Of course we are controlled by money. We are a capitalist nation, always have been and always will be.
    Capitalism doesn't work though.

  6. #416
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Capitalism doesn't work though.
    Capitalism requires socialism to work, which is why the bailouts were needed
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #417
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The jobless rates are high for everyone. And I'm told that a number of all protests are current college kids, including teabaggers.

    So what?

    They are protesting the fact that in a nation that is supposed to have a govt by the people, of the people, and for the people, we have a govt that is controlled by big money interests

    Our health care system is controlled by insurance and pharma corps, because that's what Wall St wants
    Our financial system is controlled by banks and financial services corps, because that's what Wall St wants
    Out food system is controlled by large argricultural corps, because that what Wall st wants
    Our energy system is controlled by oil, gas, and coal corps, because that what Wall St wants
    Our media is controlled by a few large corps, because that what Wall St wants

    And our political system is controlled by Wall St, and the rightwing approves
    Before you go to sleep at night do you check for boogiemen under your bed and in your closet? Who exactly is this Wall Street fellow that scares you?

    In case you haven't ever looked at the federal government and its regulatory agencies, I will let you in on a little secret. Taxpayers have spent hundreds of billions regulating health care, the banking system, agribusiness and the energy industry. Half of the health care industry is funded directly by federal entitlement programs. How well has that worked out for us? We are in this epic economic collapse due to the idiots involved in the federal governments centralized planning. I love it when liberals and socialists say we need more centralized planning to fix all the f'in problems from the previous centralized planning. Putting faith in centralized planning makes as much sense as jumping in a taxi that is being driven by a blind guy without arms.
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

  8. #418
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Capitalism requires socialism to work, which is why the bailouts were needed
    Privatizing the profits and socializing the costs. The American way since 1981 that is now the target of protest!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #419
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Your 3 points are nothing but slogans that you repeat but do not understand. The housing bubble did not just pop up out of nowhere. it was not a natural occurance, but one that was created by Wall St and the politicians who serve them
    Why do you give a pass to the fools that signed loan documents they didn't read and borrowed money they could never repay? Was there some clandestine government agency running around putting guns to the heads of ordinary folks while forcing them to buy the houses they couldn't afford?
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

  10. #420
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    Before you go to sleep at night do you check for boogiemen under your bed and in your closet? Who exactly is this Wall Street fellow that scares you?

    In case you haven't ever looked at the federal government and its regulatory agencies, I will let you in on a little secret. Taxpayers have spent hundreds of billions regulating health care, the banking system, agribusiness and the energy industry. Half of the health care industry is funded directly by federal entitlement programs. How well has that worked out for us? We are in this epic economic collapse due to the idiots involved in the federal governments centralized planning. I love it when liberals and socialists say we need more centralized planning to fix all the f'in problems from the previous centralized planning. Putting faith in centralized planning makes as much sense as jumping in a taxi that is being driven by a blind guy without arms.
    Your need to make up stuff about me just shows how frightened you are by the facts and your need to deny the truth

    Nations that provide a higher level of funding for their health care systems provide a higher level of care for a cheaper price than ours does. The obvious truth is that socialized health care works better than what we have.

    And the idiots in the govt are the politicians who are being bribed by Wall St and their corporate cronies.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •