Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 708

Thread: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

  1. #31
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    You know otherwise?

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #32
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    This is little more than a lengthy angry rant. "One demand" turns out to be eleven highly diverse demands. There is no focus. There are no attempts at solutions e.g., for "ending joblessness." What policies do they seek to do so? They offer no answers right now.
    I don't think they can come up with answers as they have not yet identified these problems as systemic and they are obviously further to an extent than reformists or they wouldn't be doing this. They're stuck.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    What are the odds on when things start getting broke? Wall Street needs protested but the list of demands is incredibly lame. As I note, it's a list one would expect to see from a bunch of spoiled rich kids.

  4. #34
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    What are the odds on when things start getting broke? Wall Street needs protested but the list of demands is incredibly lame. As I note, it's a list one would expect to see from a bunch of spoiled rich kids.
    Oh... My... God...
    This comment is a combination of a little bit of these:


  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    I’m 25. I’m one of those over-educated, under-employed youths that you often hear about. I work under a precarious position as a freelancer – I’m a freelance filmmaker – and I’m representative of a lot of people here in a way, because it is a predominantly young crowd, a crowd that sees their future as being sold out and the United States is definitely not the land of the free, not the land of opportunity. We have incredible stratification of wealth here. Actually, if you look at the Gini coefficient wealth we have a greater stratification of wealth than Egypt did under Mubarak. The class struggle here is the class struggle everywhere.

    "Damn it, I went to school for a long time to be a filmmaker and if I can't get a great paying job as a filmaker after all the money my parents spent on an education, there is something wrong with this country".

    Protest will hit Wall Street: Voice of Russia

  6. #36
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    View more and video at: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise (VIDEO)
    Why has this not made the news? It hardly has made the mainstream news at all?? The only time i have seen it on the news is on Rachel Maddow. I find it very interesting...

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response?
    I want to know why it's against the law to assemble while wearing a mask.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I want to know why it's against the law to assemble while wearing a mask.
    Because then they can't identify and database you.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    So they want to end war, enforce liberal values, and they think protesting Wall Street will accomplish this?

    They don't seem to be unified, their desires are not things that Wall Street can fulfill (like ending wars, hunger, capital punishment, etc). I also don't think the media is ignoring them because they believe this movement of people far left of the political spectrum will launch into a national revolution. The Tea Party was heavily covered, and most of the networks covered them in order to attack the Tea Party, not to promote it. I think these protests aren't covered because they aren't really mainstream newsworthy.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #39
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,289

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    So they want to end war, enforce liberal values, and they think protesting Wall Street will accomplish this?

    They don't seem to be unified, their desires are not things that Wall Street can fulfill (like ending wars, hunger, capital punishment, etc). I also don't think the media is ignoring them because they believe this movement of people far left of the political spectrum will launch into a national revolution. The Tea Party was heavily covered, and most of the networks covered them in order to attack the Tea Party, not to promote it. I think these protests aren't covered because they aren't really mainstream newsworthy.
    I disagree. I think the protests are absolutely newsworthy, as Wall street needs to get back into the jobs for Americans business. On the other side of the coin, I think the demands, as stated in these previous posts, are ridiculous. Nevertheless, Wall Street and its investments that do not make jobs is a genuine issue, relevant and coverage of this protest brings attention to that issue.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Because then they can't identify and database you.
    That's the point though. I also have the right to secure myself, papers, etc. against search and seizure and wearing a mask is just that.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •