Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 193

Thread: Breitbart: We have the guns

  1. #151
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Breitbart: We have the guns

    The only time I come across anything from Breirbart is when it is duplicated elsewhere because of the over the top nature of what he said - much like this topic.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #152
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breitbart: We have the guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You mentioned a couple of nutcases. I mean the socialists in the political left who desire revolution.

    Yes, there are a couple nutcase socialists. That is it. The fact that you think there are more than a handful does not make it reality. Even most of those socialists don't want or are working for revolution. It is pure paranoia to think otherwise.

    What Breitbart was actually doing was using over the top rhetoric to get a reaction. Defending his position is ludicrous. The left ain't gunna revolt, there is zero evidence the left is going to revolt, and if he actually thinks it, he is ****ing retarded and then why would people care what he thinks.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #153
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breitbart: We have the guns

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Surprisingly though a large number do...just like a large number listen to Limbaugh. Never have really understood that phenomenon. The plain truth is that Breitbart was involved in a discussion with people talking about the 'coming' revolution...basically talking about the very small minority of idiots that find that notion desirable. I agree that Breitbarts comments werent very bright...he follows a trend. That being said...I think intelligent and reasonable people have seen the violence perpetrated in London recently and would stand for the appropriate forces queling such an event in this country as swiftly as possible.
    My joke apparently fell flat.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Breitbart: We have the guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, there are a couple nutcase socialists. That is it. The fact that you think there are more than a handful does not make it reality. Even most of those socialists don't want or are working for revolution. It is pure paranoia to think otherwise.

    What Breitbart was actually doing was using over the top rhetoric to get a reaction. Defending his position is ludicrous. The left ain't gunna revolt, there is zero evidence the left is going to revolt, and if he actually thinks it, he is ****ing retarded and then why would people care what he thinks.
    The fact that you say there is only a handful does not make it reality. That is why the "IF" is so convenient; that way we don't have to empirically know the threat, but be ready none-the-less should anything arise, however unlikely that may be. Look at history. Were those who suspected treachery and bloody revolutions paranoid as well? Thing is, we don't know; that alone doesn't mean people can't be prepared if their wisdom tells them something may unfold in the future.

    Breitbart may or may not have been a fool. Just yesterday I debated someone on this forum who thought revolution, a socialistic one, was a darn good idea. That the time was right. If there's only a handful as you say then I suppose I must be extremely lucky that one of the very few in that handful showed up here and made a thread about the possibility of revolution. Yeah, revolts never happen. History shows that. To me, it is wise to be prepared, silently.

  5. #155
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breitbart: We have the guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    The fact that you say there is only a handful does not make it reality. That is why the "IF" is so convenient; that way we don't have to empirically know the threat, but be ready none-the-less should anything arise, however unlikely that may be. Look at history. Were those who suspected treachery and bloody revolutions paranoid as well? Thing is, we don't know; that alone doesn't mean people can't be prepared if their wisdom tells them something may unfold in the future.

    Breitbart may or may not have been a fool. Just yesterday I debated someone on this forum who thought revolution, a socialistic one, was a darn good idea. That the time was right. If there's only a handful as you say then I suppose I must be extremely lucky that one of the very few in that handful showed up here and made a thread about the possibility of revolution. Yeah, revolts never happen. History shows that. To me, it is wise to be prepared, silently.
    Socialist party USA membership - 1000. Some think revolution is necessary, but no more than 50 %

    Social Democrats, USA - membership unknown, but it's headquarters is a PO box, which should give you a hint.

    Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee - membership was claimed to be 250 according to the founder.

    Democratic Socialists of America - membership 5707(2009), Does not call for or advocate revolution.

    All numbers taken from wiki.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Breitbart: We have the guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Socialist party USA membership - 1000. Some think revolution is necessary, but no more than 50 %

    Social Democrats, USA - membership unknown, but it's headquarters is a PO box, which should give you a hint.

    Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee - membership was claimed to be 250 according to the founder.

    Democratic Socialists of America - membership 5707(2009), Does not call for or advocate revolution.

    All numbers taken from wiki.
    In order to be a socialist you have to join a party and get membership?

    There can't be, like, people who are socialists who don't/haven't joined a party/club/membership?

    My cousins are socialists. They aren't in a group. Maybe they don't care to spend the time or money and would rather debate here like you and I?

    Don't think that joining a club for "x" means that only the people in that club is the sign of all "x" people.
    Last edited by Wake; 09-21-11 at 05:17 PM.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Breitbart: We have the guns


    Breitbart: We have the guns
    Guess Breitbart doesn't realize the government he wants to take up arms against has bigger guns.

    You can put 'Briet' in Breitbart but that still doesn't make him bright.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Breitbart: We have the guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Guess Breitbart doesn't realize the government he wants to take up arms against has bigger guns.

    You can put 'Briet' in Breitbart but that still doesn't make him bright.
    Where did you get the notion of "the government he wants to take up arms against"?

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Breitbart: We have the guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post

    Where did you get the notion of "the government he wants to take up arms against"?
    He was talking about Liberals starting some kind of war with the right and from what I see, his complaints are about what Liberals are doing with the government when they have control.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Breitbart: We have the guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Guess Breitbart doesn't realize the government he wants to take up arms against has bigger guns.

    You can put 'Briet' in Breitbart but that still doesn't make him bright.
    We have far bigger guns than those we are fighting in Afghanistan. It doesn't seem to matter.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •