Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 2012 Presidential Matchups

  1. #1
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    2012 Presidential Matchups

    Seems Perry is dropping in support against Obama after the debate....Wonder if his Social Security Stance has anything to do with that...


    Before he entered his first debate as a presidential candidate, Texas Governor Rick Perry was the Republican frontrunner and held a modest lead in a hypothetical matchup against President Obama. Perry was the target for all the other candidates in the two most recent GOP debates, however, and he now trails the president by single digits.

    A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters shows Obama picking up 46% of the vote, while Perry earns support from 39%. Fifteen percent (15%) are either undecided or prefer another candidate. Two weeks ago, Perry was up by three. Three weeks ago, the president held a three-point edge over the governor. (To see question wording, click here.)


    2012 Presidential Matchups - Rasmussen Reports™

  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,174

    Re: 2012 Presidential Matchups

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Seems Perry is dropping in support against Obama after the debate....Wonder if his Social Security Stance has anything to do with that...


    Before he entered his first debate as a presidential candidate, Texas Governor Rick Perry was the Republican frontrunner and held a modest lead in a hypothetical matchup against President Obama. Perry was the target for all the other candidates in the two most recent GOP debates, however, and he now trails the president by single digits.

    A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters shows Obama picking up 46% of the vote, while Perry earns support from 39%. Fifteen percent (15%) are either undecided or prefer another candidate. Two weeks ago, Perry was up by three. Three weeks ago, the president held a three-point edge over the governor. (To see question wording, click here.)


    2012 Presidential Matchups - Rasmussen Reports™
    Unsurprising. There was a large number of people rallied around Perry because they were disappointed with their other choices, but they didn't know anything about him. Now that they do, it does not surprise me to see some of his support dropping off.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  3. #3
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: 2012 Presidential Matchups

    It's that "prefer another candidate crowd" that will matter. If we're basing the outcome on current polls then Perry has the nomination:

    RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

    And we're still averaging with GOP candidate(s) winning over Obama in the general

    RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
    Last edited by tessaesque; 09-16-11 at 02:44 PM.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  4. #4
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: 2012 Presidential Matchups

    Actually Tessy, only Romney and generic candidate fit within the error to beat Obama.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  5. #5
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: 2012 Presidential Matchups

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    It's that "prefer another candidate crowd" that will matter. If we're basing the outcome on current polls then Perry has the nomination:

    RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

    And we're still averaging with GOP candidate(s) winning over Obama in the general

    RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

    Oh hes in the lead of the other GOP candidates tess...this poll refers to how he matchs up to obama...which to be honest I found astonishing given the unpopularity of Obama...If you look at the other Poll I posted Bachman who was front runner for a hot second has dropped like a rock...she should be dropping out of the race soon...unless her ego keeps her in. Going to be interesting to see who she will endorse if she does drop

  6. #6
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: 2012 Presidential Matchups

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Oh hes in the lead of the other GOP candidates tess...this poll refers to how he matchs up to obama...which to be honest I found astonishing given the unpopularity of Obama...If you look at the other Poll I posted Bachman who was front runner for a hot second has dropped like a rock...she should be dropping out of the race soon...unless her ego keeps her in. Going to be interesting to see who she will endorse if she does drop
    I think she'll go for Huntsman, personally. Maybe Santorum. But they're both jokes in this race.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  7. #7
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: 2012 Presidential Matchups

    Also...did anybody else notice that Obama only beats Paul by 3.3?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #8
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: 2012 Presidential Matchups

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I think she'll go for Huntsman, personally. Maybe Santorum. But they're both jokes in this race.

    Im going to say something thats going to surprise you...Like his policies or not...Rick Santorum is the most honest of all of them Dems and GOP.....neither huntsman or Santorum have a chance....its shaping up to be romneys to lose

  9. #9
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: 2012 Presidential Matchups

    I would prefer Obama to all the Republicans other than Paul. That's not because of Obama but because these other Republicans will just put the big government GOP back in charge. Paul has consistently shown that he is willing to oppose big government even if that puts him at odd with the GOP. We are better off with a divided government.

  10. #10
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: 2012 Presidential Matchups

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Im going to say something thats going to surprise you...Like his policies or not...Rick Santorum is the most honest of all of them Dems and GOP.....neither huntsman or Santorum have a chance....its shaping up to be romneys to lose
    I think honesty is commendable, but it doesn't make you a leader...I don't think Santorum can lead.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •