Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 69

Thread: Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Tea Party Audience Cheering, "Let Patient Die"

  1. #51
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Tea Party Audience Cheering, "Let Patient Die"

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I think something is fundamentally wrong with cheering a human being's death. Especially from a party that bills itself as "pro-life." It's almost as if the same people who say "life begins at conception" believe that it ends at birth.

    I am among those who think that the death penalty is necessary (if overused). I think war is sometimes necessary (if undesirable). Maybe a person needs to live with the consequences of their decisions if they actually decide that they're going to go without insurance even if they can afford to have it.

    But cheering people dying? That should be unconscionable to anybody who is a decent human being. Apparently the GOP candidates are decent people. Unfortunately, it seems the same cannot be said for a very vocal (if hopefully small) number of their supporters.
    That's because the rightwingers "pro-life" moniker is just a lie similar to their claims of "personal responsibility", "compassionate conservatism", "small govt", and on and on
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Windy City
    Last Seen
    09-21-11 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I think something is fundamentally wrong with cheering a human being's death. Especially from a party that bills itself as "pro-life." It's almost as if the same people who say "life begins at conception" believe that it ends at birth.

    I am among those who think that the death penalty is necessary (if overused). I think war is sometimes necessary (if undesirable). Maybe a person needs to live with the consequences of their decisions if they actually decide that they're going to go without insurance even if they can afford to have it.

    But cheering people dying? That should be unconscionable to anybody who is a decent human being. Apparently the GOP candidates are decent people. Unfortunately, it seems the same cannot be said for a very vocal (if hopefully small) number of their supporters.
    How do you know the people who were cheering were all right wing in their political stance?

    Not sure if a poll was taken, but it's very possible the crowd was mixed.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Windy City
    Last Seen
    09-21-11 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's because the rightwingers "pro-life" moniker is just a lie similar to their claims of "personal responsibility", "compassionate conservatism", "small govt", and on and on
    I'm just going to stick my neck out there and say you generalize way too much.

    Why are right wingers 'lying' when they use phrases like "pro life", "personal responsibility", ect?

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Windy City
    Last Seen
    09-21-11 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    I'm just going to stick my neck out there and say you generalize way too much.

    Why are right wingers 'lying' when they use phrases like "pro life", "personal responsibility", ect?
    *oversimplify things I mean, generalize was wrong word

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Tea Party Audience Cheering, "Let Patient Die"

    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    How do you know the people who were cheering were all right wing in their political stance?

    Not sure if a poll was taken, but it's very possible the crowd was mixed.
    That's a good question. I recently attended my Congressional rep's townhall meeting, and while the audience was generally polit, there were a few loudmouths. Very irritating.

    Anyway, I went to YouTube, and what I heard in response to Dr. Paul's comment was two men saying, "Yeah!" The second one was much louder than the first. Two.

    And there was no scan of the crowd at that time, so beyond gender, how does anybody know what the political affiliation of those TWO men are?

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Tea Party Audience Cheering, "Let Patient Die"

    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    *oversimplify things I mean, generalize was wrong word
    Maybe you meant "stereotype"?

  7. #57
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Tea Party Audience Cheering, "Let Patient Die"

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    buncha bs.......the bigger problem here is that TEA PARTIERS shouted "let him die"...and TEA PARTIERS cheered executions. makes me wonder why anyone would be a part of that movement. has michelle bachmann produced the name of the woman who ALLEGEDLY said her daughter "got" mental retardation after the gardisil vaccine? gotta love those tea partiers, though, they are probably trying to outlaw that vaccine as i write.

    paul is the most honest person running for the nomination. unfortunately, he's also bat**** crazy.
    I think the little girl Michelle Bachmann is talking about is herself...

  8. #58
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Tea Party Audience Cheering, "Let Patient Die"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Denouce what behavior? Who yelled what and who were they with?

    There's nothing that identified anyone who yelled in the audience was: 1) A Paul supporter 2) from the Tea Party or affiliated with the same.


    The larger point that's still not addressed is personal responsibility - and how that is now some evil thing. People have to make their own way - with personal choice comes personal responsibility. If someone chose poorly, planned poorly, they have to rely on others to help them and there are many who do help. Making it now everyone's responsibility to take care of someone who didn't care enough to plan and or choose properly? Those who want to help with money or services should - those who cannot or are unwilling can choose not to. I'm waiting for the Liberals to explain why I'm responsible for someone else bad decisions.
    1. Paul started the original TP and then a bunch idiots hijacked it

    2. Making character judgments on people who are insured is ignorant. How can you assume somebody poorly planned for their future in this economy? Nothing is certain. People have lost their jobs, are laid off, and unemployed... lost insurance and benefits.. working part time just to pay the bills, and you're trying to say that they didn't plan for their future. You simply can't make that assessment. Sometimes the insurance company can outright refuse to pay for somebody to stay overnight in a hospital, even if it goes directly against the doctors wishes. My sister had a hysterectomy at 24, because her health insurance refused to pay for the alternative.

    There are so many factors that are out of everybody's control, and the person lying in that hospital room in a coma can very well be you someday.

  9. #59
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Tea Party Audience Cheering, "Let Patient Die"

    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    How do you know the people who were cheering were all right wing in their political stance?

    Not sure if a poll was taken, but it's very possible the crowd was mixed.
    It is possible, I suppose. I was assuming that because it was a debate for Republican candidates, and Republicans kind of tend to be right-wing....We'll assume that at least some of them are Conservative-leaning, and that they will end up voting Republican, how's that? Still means that a number (again, I hope it's small) of the eventual nominees supporters are ****ty people.

    Is this going to turn into another "lefty infiltrators" conspiracy?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #60
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Tea Party Audience Cheering, "Let Patient Die"

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    So let me get this straight....Perry comes out against the reaction of the crowd in that particular situation and instead of saying, "yeah, he's right..that was bad on them" you turn it into some sort of diatribe against almost half of the country?

    Well, hell...
    I said that. Or something similar at least.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •