Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 640

Thread: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

  1. #551
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Do they also feel they have no right to express their own opinion? If "no" then why didn't they express their disapproval? That doesn't require that they silence anyone, including themselves, as your straw man dishonestly implies
    Maybe they didnt feel the need to be loud and obnoxious and interrupt the damned show.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #552
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I said earlier that all groups have their jerks, their idiots. But what we had hear was some who felt free enough to speak here. Who thought here was where this type of thinking would be accepted, and largely seemed to be.

    Go back and revist when Clinton won. Think back to image Pat Buchanan presented of the republican party. Tell me had no effect.
    Umm... just because someone is free to say something is not indicative of what they THOUGHT was ACCEPTABLE.

    God you have to be kidding me.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #553
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

    If someone wishes to forego on medical insurance knowing they might need it someday, let them. It's not my problem. If someone wants to jump out of airplanes and they splat on the ground. Not my problem. If someone wants to shoot up herion and overdose and die. Not my problem.

    All efforts should be made to make health insurance reachable for even the poorest in our society. But if they, poor or rich, decline to properly plan, not my problem. The only exception, I would imagine, are the one's not competent to make their own decisions.

    I'm with Ron Paul 100% on this.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #554
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

    If someone wishes to forego on medical insurance knowing they might need it someday, let them. It's not my problem. If someone wants to jump out of airplanes and they splat on the ground. Not my problem. If someone wants to shoot up herion and overdose and die. Not my problem.

    All efforts should be made to make health insurance reachable for even the poorest in our society. But if they, poor or rich, decline to properly plan, not my problem. The only exception, I would imagine, are the one's not competent to make their own decisions.

    I'm with Ron Paul 100% on this.
    he's not 100% with you. He thinks churches will pick up the slack, which is just someone else taking care of it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #555
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    he's not 100% with you. He thinks churches will pick up the slack, which is just someone else taking care of it.
    He didn't imply that people outside the church would donate to charity?
    Last edited by Wake; 09-20-11 at 04:56 PM.

  6. #556
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Umm... just because someone is free to say something is not indicative of what they THOUGHT was ACCEPTABLE.

    God you have to be kidding me.
    Not exactly what I said. Remember, they could have booed. they didn't of course, but they could have. Which would have sent another message entirely. And the candaidates could have denounced it clearly. Theye didn't really. But they could have and that woudl have sent another message entirely as well.

    As is, this will stand as a moment in which the tea party got a black eye, no matter who you blame for it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #557
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    He didn't apply that people outside the church would donate to charity?
    He didn't ask the people of the church either.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #558
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He didn't ask the people of the church either.
    That's confusing. Then how can you say that "He thinks churches will pick up the slack"?

  9. #559
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    That's confusing. Then how can you say that "He thinks churches will pick up the slack"?
    Because that's what he said, and when I brought it up earlier, I noted without him actually asking churches if they want that responsibility.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #560
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tea Party Crowd Yells Let Him Die

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Because that's what he said, and when I brought it up earlier, I noted without him actually asking churches if they want that responsibility.
    Then that brings us back to my queston. You said he thinks the church will pick up the slack; so, do you also think non-church people will also donate to charity?

Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •