Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Circus

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Obama is paying close attention all right - to the diminishing possibility of his electability.
    And the GOP is well aware that the less they get done, the more it hurts Obama.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    doesn't change that you misused the fallacy.

    If I were to say, all female mammals can produce milk, and you point out your female bird doesn't produce milk. It is not a fallacy for me to point out that your bird isn't a mammal.
    I misused nothing. You just made up a convenient definition for small govt politican
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #23
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I misused nothing. You just made up a convenient definition for small govt politican
    convenient? spending more money on defense then the rest of the world combined is a sure sign of being for big government. warrant-less wiretapping also shows that they want government to have more power.

    what is small about the government these types of politicians want?

  4. #24
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    convenient? spending more money on defense then the rest of the world combined is a sure sign of being for big government. warrant-less wiretapping also shows that they want government to have more power.

    what is small about the government these types of politicians want?
    The taxes and the number of non-rightwingers in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #25
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The taxes and the number of non-rightwingers in it.
    Spend and borrow is not a sign of small government policy.

    A politician that wants to have the most powerful, influential government on the planet is not a small government politician by any rational understanding of the term.

    It’s as logical as calling Michelle Bachman a progressive.

  6. #26
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Spend and borrow is not a sign of small government policy.

    A politician that wants to have the most powerful, influential government on the planet is not a small government politician by any rational understanding of the term.

    It’s as logical as calling Michelle Bachman a progressive.
    So then what is a small govt politician?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #27
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So then what is a small govt politician?
    a politician pursuing a smaller government

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    a politician pursuing a smaller government
    You do have to admit that is a slightly oxymoronic statement, right?

    Like a hunter pursuing shorter hunting seasons.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #29
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    You do have to admit that is a slightly oxymoronic statement, right?

    Like a hunter pursuing shorter hunting seasons.
    No. And your example is actually wrong. Hunters are all for conservation to prevent depletion.

    The only problem is that politicians that don’t go along with the spend and borrow formula are less likely to be elected as they can’t buy votes.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Obama's Quote



    Bachmann's reaction



    Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Circus | Election 2012

    Yes Michelle, with clowns like you in charge, it most certainly is a circus.
    Wasn't that from Obama's speech calling for another multi megadollar "stimulus"? And all Bachmann could get out of it was that Chief Ringleader Obama insulted Congress by calling it what 90% of American voters already know it is, a circus?

    Where are the clowns, there have to be clowns, no matter, they're here!
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •