Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Circus

  1. #11
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    How about republican war mongerers who never served because they said they had "other priorities"?
    Or democratic war mongers who get Nobel peace prizes for continuing Bush’s foreign policy, or better yet, democratic peace mongers that controlled the senate, approved the war, then pretended they were powerless to do anything about it.

  2. #12
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Or democratic war mongers who get Nobel peace prizes for continuing Bush’s foreign policy, or better yet, democratic peace mongers that controlled the senate, approved the war, then pretended they were powerless to do anything about it.
    Or small govt rightwingers who voted to increase spending, the PATRIOT Act, the HSA and the TSA
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #13
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Or small govt rightwingers who voted to increase spending, the PATRIOT Act, the HSA and the TSA
    those were not small government politicians. Very few politicians opposed the PATRIOT Act, TSA, or HSA - including Obama.

    Paul and Kucinich are the only two off the top of my head that fought openly against it.

  4. #14
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Clown congress? That'd be ****ing funny.
    what do you would be? it is!

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #15
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    those were not small government politicians. Very few politicians opposed the PATRIOT Act, TSA, or HSA - including Obama.

    Paul and Kucinich are the only two off the top of my head that fought openly against it.
    The "No True Scotsman" fallacy is still alive
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #16
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the executive branch too. I mean, our secretary of treasury was guilty of not paying his taxes. You would be hard pressed to find a more comical circus act then that!
    at this point i think the wh is the only branch of gov't paying attention. obama said what most of us are thinking, shut the **** up and get to work.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #17
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The "No True Scotsman" fallacy is still alive
    you are incorrectly using this fallacy. small government politicians are judged by their actions, not their titles. We are not discussing a party. If they seek to grow the size of government, they aren't for smaller government.

  8. #18
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    you are incorrectly using this fallacy. small government politicians are judged by their actions, not their titles. We are not discussing a party. If they seek to grow the size of government, they aren't for smaller government.
    Politicians are also judged by their words, hence this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #19
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    at this point i think the wh is the only branch of gov't paying attention. obama said what most of us are thinking, shut the **** up and get to work.
    Obama is paying close attention all right - to the diminishing possibility of his electability.

  10. #20
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: TPM2012 Michele Bachmann: Obama ‘Insulted’ Congress By Calling It A Political Cir

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Politicians are also judged by their words, hence this thread
    doesn't change that you misused the fallacy.

    If I were to say, all female mammals can produce milk, and you point out your female bird doesn't produce milk. It is not a fallacy for me to point out that your bird isn't a mammal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •