Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    Exactly! What set this off was just weeks previous the directors of Solyndra reported that the company's finances were strong. Then abruptly files bankruptcy after tapping 90% of the loan money. But it wasn't just the FBI, but the department of energy as well.
    Now, we know why the DOE had the FBI go in and start confiscating the books.

    Revealed: Department of Energy officials sat in on Solyndra meetings Hot Air
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #12
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Awwww! Looks like I'm not wrong.
    Let's go over this again:

    You stated: "The article didn't say that." To which I replied with the quote of a spokesperson within the article saying exactly that. You replying that boxes were taken does not prove your statement that the article did not say boxes weren't taken was correct.

    The article clearly cites a worker saying boxes were not taken. You are still wrong on what I said you are wrong on.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

    First fast and furious now this. The Chicago thug may be in serious trouble here.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    First fast and furious now this. The Chicago thug may be in serious trouble here.
    Are you sure you want to set the precedent that presidents are directly responsible for the actions of bureaucrats and private interests?

    Love the selective moral subjectivity. Classic two party short term memory loss.

  5. #15
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    Are you sure you want to set the precedent that presidents are directly responsible for the actions of bureaucrats and private interests?

    Love the selective moral subjectivity. Classic two party short term memory loss.
    Dirty is dirty - don't care which of the two party's is involved.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Dirty is dirty - don't care which of the two party's is involved.
    And that makes hyperbolic projection justified?

    All we know right now is that a company that received half a billion lied about it's finances and then filed bankruptcy. All one can conclude at this point is gross mismanagement or criminal activity of those that ran the company. Taking it beyond that at this point is HIGHLY speculative.

    Under this logic, anyone making loans to a failed business is as culpable in it's failure as those actually responsible for working the business plan.

    The investigation is starting where it should... and must progress where the actual evidence leads. If that doesn't stop until the white house, so be it... but to make proclamations absent an investigation is emo-reactionism... don't care which two parties are involved.
    Last edited by Occam's Razor; 09-10-11 at 12:24 PM.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    And that makes hyperbolic projection justified?

    All we know right now is that a company that received half a billion lied about it's finances and then filed bankruptcy. All one can conclude at this point is gross mismanagement or criminal activity of those that ran the company. Taking it beyond that at this point is HIGHLY speculative.

    Under this logic, anyone making loans to a failed business is as culpable in it's failure as those actually responsible for working the business plan.

    The investigation is starting where it should... and must progress where the actual evidence leads. If that doesn't stop until the white house, so be it... but to make proclamations absent an investigation is emo-reactionism... don't care which two parties are involved.
    You are conveniently leaving out the fact that this comps owner was an Obama bundler and visited white house over 20 times.Was he paid for this with our tax dollars?

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You are conveniently leaving out the fact that this comps owner was an Obama bundler and visited white house over 20 times.Was he paid for this with our tax dollars?
    So you have no problems going after the energy interests that met with Cheney in secret meetings? Good to hear. Proceed.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    So you have no problems going after the energy interests that met with Cheney in secret meetings? Good to hear. Proceed.
    Typical lib response when painted into a corner with facts, change the subject as fast as possible and hope your opponent bites on lure you are trolling with. Sorry, troll elsewhere.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: FBI Raids Solyndra Headquarters

    If the money trail is seedy and there are legal implications, I don't really see a problem with the raid.

    Are we focusing on this case because of bankruptcy or because it's a "green energy" company? Because frankly, any company that doesn't play by the rules deserves to have the full weight of the law come down on them. Part of our economic recovery should involve holding businesses more accountable for their practices.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •