Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 86

Thread: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

  1. #41
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wait! When did I shout, "racist". Feel free to link us to that post.
    Yes by implying that "libbo speak" is one about race, you brought racism into the conversation.

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Yes by implying that "libbo speak" is one about race, you brought racism into the conversation.
    Feel free to post a link to prove your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    What makes people think that any dominating companies aren't working in tandem together?
    Nothing; they do it a lot, and when they do so it is known as collusion or forming a cartel, something that is also against US antitrust law.

    Most oligopolies do this: swap CEO's, share trade 'secrets', predetermine prices . . .
    Monopoly or not - the dirty work happens regardless of what the gov permits or doesn't permit.
    Yes, they do it all the time, and it's criminal, and the gov't often relies on whistleblowers to expose them when these things come to light.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 09-02-11 at 12:48 PM.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

    Btw the competition argument fails for this example. The parent company of T-Mobile has already said that without the merger it will just close the doors of T-Mobile US.

  5. #45
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,124

    Re: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You have no clue what that means. Sad really..



    They understand the commerce clause. Which more than I can about you.
    Then enlighten us! See, when I read in Article I Section 8 that one of the enumerated powers of Congress is "To regulate Commerce with Foreign Nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian Tribes" it means what it says -- Interstate Commerce, meaning commercial traffic across state lines, can be regulated by the Federal Government.

    Please, enlighten us with your Conservative "wisdom" about what it "really means" as opposed to what it says.

    While you're at it, tell us why monopolies are good for a free market. Every economist I've heard says they're not. It's pretty basic. I'm still waiting to be enlightened on this. So far I've been called stupid, and been falsely accused of playing the race card. Yet nobody can seem to answer that one little question. So go for it. You're smarter than me, tell me what I'm missing from Article 1 Section 8, and basic economic principles.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #46
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Feel free to post a link to prove your point.
    I am surprised you cannot remember your own words, but if you wish ...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059769894

  7. #47
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Btw the competition argument fails for this example. The parent company of T-Mobile has already said that without the merger it will just close the doors of T-Mobile US.
    They wont just close the doors of T Mobile, that would be a massive loss for DT, they could sell it at a lower price to a different company, or spin it off as a private company distributing shares to DT shareholder. Closing it down would be idiotic for DT. DT has said they do not want to run T Mobile anymore and will not put more money into it.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Then enlighten us! See, when I read in Article I Section 8 that one of the enumerated powers of Congress is "To regulate Commerce with Foreign Nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian Tribes" it means what it says -- Interstate Commerce, meaning commercial traffic across state lines, can be regulated by the Federal Government.

    So lets see if I understand this retarded unlimited power liberal argument. The idea is the government can regulate commerce, regulate business, sue business, and take over business whenever they please because they can "regulate" interstate commerce. Wow, and you can't see how that is ****ing retarded? The entire point of the commerce clause was to make sure everything was running smoothly and no one was mad at each other. They were meant to be the middle man in the process when things went bad, not the controlling force of all things commerce. To liberals though they damn well know that means disputes, but No, no, that is way to hard to follow. I mean, where is the power?? Yeah, exactly. So take your stupid ass and move along.
    Last edited by Henrin; 09-03-11 at 07:29 AM.

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,604

    Re: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So lets see if I understand this retarded unlimited power liberal argument. The idea is the government can regulate commerce, regulate business, sue business, and take over business whenever they please because they can "regulate" interstate commerce. Wow, and you can't see how that is ****ing retarded? The entire point of the commerce clause was to make sure everything was running smoothly and no one was mad at each other. They were meant to be the middle man in the process when things went bad, not the controlling force of all things commerce. To liberals though they damn well know that means disputes, but No, no, that is way to hard to follow. I mean, where is the power?? Yeah, exactly. So take your stupid ass and move along.
    Who is making the case that the federal government can

    take over business whenever they please because they can "regulate" interstate commerce
    as you allege in your interpretation of what you think liberals believe?

    And by the way, what exactly do YOU believe about this clause in the Constitution?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #50
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Obama Administration Sues AT&T to stop its Merger with T-Mobile.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Interstate commerce is regulated by the Federal Government. It's right in the Constitution. I mean, it says it.

    The merger is nationwide (not just in one state), therefore it is "interstate" and subject to the Federal Government's Constitutional authority to regulate interstate commerce.




    It's not about prices going up it's about competition. Competition is the lifeblood of a free market economy. It doesn't take a genius to figure that less competition is not good for a market economy.

    Conservatives love the market economy and Constitution, yet apparently you couldn't be bothered to understand either. At least not if it gets in your way of hating Obama.
    So because it's in the Constitution, they should pass a law or sue someone? I thought the Constitution was an old 300 year old piece of paper written by slave owners.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •