Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to Fan

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to

    I find the accusation in the OP very telling. Why?

    One of the first threads I started in this forum was entitled. In that thread, I wrote the following:

    The reason I've posted this thread is as I've watched reactions from those individuals who are for Sen. McCain, one common theme has emerged: many Republican voters have this premature and/or unwarranted fear that somehow Sen. Obaman's policies will take this country backwards, not forward, and that somehow one's "values" will be treaded upon. Personally, I really don't understand where this mentality is coming from. Therefore, I'm trying to wrap my mind around it, this despite all the evidence to the contrary.

    Case in point: The McCain aids and Palin speeches that mirror those of Sen. Clinton's where both camps have used Sen. Obama's middle name in an effort to connect him with radical Islam and terrorism in the minds of would-be voters (i.e., "Hussein" = Muslim = radical Islam = terrorism). This is one example of how a play on our fears distorts and blinds us from looking for truth while also affording openess and fairness to both sides.
    From the article in the OP:

    Some 28 million DVD copies of the ‘Obsession’ film were distributed to households in key swing states on the eve of the 2008 presidential elections in an apparent effort to sway voters against Obama.
    It's just unfathomable the lengths towhich some people will go to to discredit someone. While I can understand some folks leading a charge against the implementation of Sharia Law in the U.S., fact is it ain't gonna happen. Despite our claims to be a nation of religious tolerance, fact is the Christain influence is too great in this country to every allow our basic moral or ethical values to be co-oped by religious fanaticism. Moreover, our political system is always in a constant state of flux; ever 2-4-6 years each level of power (less the makeup of the Supreme Court) changes by a vote of the people. If we don't like a candidate be it an incumbant or a fresh face, we simply vote out the old and bring in the new (i.e., the November 2010 mid-terms) OR we skip the loose cannons altogether (i.e., Christine O'Donnell). Nonetheless, it is interesting that now after nearly 8 years the root of such visceral religious hatred is finally coming out. This reminds me of all the "planted seeds of hatred" that was once thrust upon Blacks (as studied from history) in the lead-up to the Civil Rights era.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 08-30-11 at 06:42 PM.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to

    Of course, there's also the warmonggering side of this equation - planting the seeds of hatred leading up to the War in Iraq or the War on Terror. Thus, the report mentioned in the OP begs the question as to whether or not those who espouse such hatred, i.e., Islamophobia, were they successful? Clearly, they did not succeed in keeping Obama out of the White House. And since there hasn't been riots in the streets, i.e., the perverbal "holy war" between Christians and Muslims in the U.S., one has to ask "was it worth wasting all those millions of dollars just to fabricate religious hatred?"
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 08-30-11 at 07:06 PM.

  3. #33
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to

    There is a similar story on Al Jazeera website

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Seems to me that this belongs in the conspiracy section.
    Why? Because you just don't like finding out you were manipulated or because you actually read the article.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Why? Because you just don't like finding out you were manipulated or because you actually read the article.
    The Irony of you posting this... that is trending into EPIC territory sir.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #36
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to

    What strikes me as funny, is the liberal attempt to cast this as something unusual. Is there a small group of people in this country that still hates Jews, Blacks, Mexicans, Christians, Gays, or just about any other minority you can name? Of course there is.


    One has to wonder what liberal thinks the word extremist means, I know what extremist doesn't mean, and that is tolerance, understanding, or a willingness to admit they are wrong. Hell right here on these pages we have right and left wing extremists, and they “know” who they are, yet if you ask them they will deny it to their last breath.


    So yes I'm sure there is a small group of people out there that hate Muslims and yes, I'm sure they are promoting their views, so what? There are also groups out there promoting their view that 9/11 was a conspiracy of the Bush administration, or that Obama isn't a citizen of the US, or that we have the bodies of aliens from another world.


    This is a big part of the problem with this country today, this sort of news is given far to much credence, and only helps these types of groups reach even more weak minded people, and it diverts attention from those things that are important.

  7. #37
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to

    Seemed rather obvious to me, not secret.

    It was as transparent as "liberal bloggers" like Justin R. and Juan Cole who supported "the surge" in Iraq. When you think "surge" think death squads and the "Salvador Option".

  8. #38
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,724

    Re: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes. He does not want to dig into content, so he falls back on his old standby, attacking the source. If WND published an article on Obama not being an NBC, liberals would comment on the source, then blow up the details. The second part is not something Grim will do since it is hard.
    If I could direct your attention here: http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ing-shark.html is this link the same thing or am I missing something? Not to mention all the vitriol and bullcrap being tossed around.

    C'mon Redress. How do you really go about refuting content that isnt reliable in its "facts". To be realistic, I dont see many WND posts floating about.

  9. #39
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    There are also groups out there promoting their view that 9/11 was a conspiracy of the Bush administration, or that Obama isn't a citizen of the US, or that we have the bodies of aliens from another world.

    This is a big part of the problem with this country today, this sort of news is given far to much credence, and only helps these types of groups reach even more weak minded people, and it diverts attention from those things that are important.
    Um, so if there was no 9/11 conspiracy, as you say, why then did the Bush admin. not act on the foreknowledge they had, and prevent it from happening in the first place?

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to

    Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to Fan Fear of Muslims
    The Leftists have been doing this kind of thing for decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •