Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 66

Thread: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

  1. #31
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I suppose this is why they gained so may seats but an Atheist would have a hard time winning one even with a 20 point head start. (that's not a knock on Atheists, I care less what people believe. I'm just noting it's very hard for an avowed Atheist to win an election outside of some small pockets)

    Perry the teaparty gained so many seats BEFORE people realized what their real agenda is....at first the teaparty presented itself as against OBAMACARE...I personally attended 4 local rallies prior to the election and was all for the teaparty....they stood for No more bailouts and stopping the most disgusting Nancy Pelosi from passing obamacare...well those days are gone and the teaparty has since the election exposed their behind and their real agenda, which is take from the middle class and give to the rich...and most of america does not like it.

  2. #32
    Student Flyersfan314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-12 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    232

    Re: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

    The Tea Party got into office and did not do what they said they were going to do. They should have accepted Obama's deal and repealed part of the Bush tax cuts. In return they would have gotten major spending cuts (1.2TB, 600B each) in defense and medicare. They refused to take that deal because they did not want to compromise and now we still have an increasing debt and we cut increases in discretionary spending, money that goes right into the pockets of American industry.

  3. #33
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,415

    Re: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

    The reason why a lot of people don't like the teaparty is that the teaparty comes off as a bunch of angry, sometimes ignorant, extremely ideological, uncompromising, and at times hypocritical ("keep your goddamned government hands off my medicare").

    Most people are pragmatic. They recognize that the federal government is too big, but they also recognize that everything the government does is not bad either. They don't want the government in their bedrooms and they want low taxes, but unlike the teapartiers, they also recognize that the government does have a role in environmental protection, worker protections, market oversight, and providing some sort of a public safety net. Probably 70 to 80% of adult Americans would agree with that. Most Americans don't believe that Wall Street can simply regulate itself. Most Americans don't believe that we should "lock the doors to the EPA". Most Americans don't believe that the way to compete with China is to let American companies treat their workers like workers are treated in China and to have air like they have in China. Most people see the teaparty as angry, unrealistic, and naive.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #34
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Speaking as a socialist:
    Dont wanna take your property, dont wanna take your freedom of speech, dont wanna take your freedom of press, dont wanna take the right for you to make money, dont wanna take your right to choose a job, dont wanna take any of your liberties...
    That's exactly what a sneaky commie who wants to take my rights away would say
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Unicorns are the legitimate scientific study of biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    By the way unicorns to science are not mythology. They can be studied by biology because they are an animal.

  5. #35
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Tea party is made up of regular Americans.

    As I pointed out, attacking Tea Partiers will blow in the Left's face, but hey...more power to yuz!
    the tea party is a koch driven party.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #36
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    The reason why a lot of people don't like the teaparty is that the teaparty comes off as a bunch of angry, sometimes ignorant, extremely ideological, uncompromising, and at times hypocritical ("keep your goddamned government hands off my medicare").

    Most people are pragmatic. They recognize that the federal government is too big, but they also recognize that everything the government does is not bad either. They don't want the government in their bedrooms and they want low taxes, but unlike the teapartiers, they also recognize that the government does have a role in environmental protection, worker protections, market oversight, and providing some sort of a public safety net. Probably 70 to 80% of adult Americans would agree with that. Most Americans don't believe that Wall Street can simply regulate itself. Most Americans don't believe that we should "lock the doors to the EPA". Most Americans don't believe that the way to compete with China is to let American companies treat their workers like workers are treated in China and to have air like they have in China. Most people see the teaparty as angry, unrealistic, and naive.
    Careful now, that sound reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Unicorns are the legitimate scientific study of biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    By the way unicorns to science are not mythology. They can be studied by biology because they are an animal.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    I take it you didn't read the entire article.
    I read the entire article. I posted an article that you couldn't claim was biased towards them.

    Like Uygur wrote, if indeed the tea baggers were formed on the basis of protest and anger against wallstreet bailouts, in particular that of the million dollar bonuses those wallstreet fat cats received, why was there not even a single protest organized by the tea baggers and their funders on wallstreet?
    I have no idea what this means. Not a clue.

    Why instead did we see those protests against Obama and democrats when they were voting on wallstreet reform and re-regulation of?
    They defeated Bennett of Utah. (among others)

    Senator Robert (Bob) Bennett, Utah Republican was denied re-nomination Saturday after serving three terms in office, and the Utah Tea Party has been credited with pushing him out. Bennett voted for the bank bailout and that vote (among others) had Utah’s Tea Party and many Utah Republicans up in arms.

    The reason they did not rally around Dodd/Frank is because it was a terrible bill that hasn't stopped any of the practices they rallied against. It's institutionalizes Too big to fail as opposed to outright bans it.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Perry the teaparty gained so many seats BEFORE people realized what their real agenda is....at first the teaparty presented itself as against OBAMACARE...I personally attended 4 local rallies prior to the election and was all for the teaparty....they stood for No more bailouts and stopping the most disgusting Nancy Pelosi from passing obamacare...well those days are gone and the teaparty has since the election exposed their behind and their real agenda, which is take from the middle class and give to the rich...and most of america does not like it.
    You have no clue what their agenda is. No, let me take that back. You do but you go out of your way to misrepresent it. My guess from your posts is it's because you dislike their stand that all must sacrifice even the unions.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyersfan314 View Post
    The Tea Party got into office and did not do what they said they were going to do. They should have accepted Obama's deal and repealed part of the Bush tax cuts. In return they would have gotten major spending cuts (1.2TB, 600B each) in defense and medicare. They refused to take that deal because they did not want to compromise and now we still have an increasing debt and we cut increases in discretionary spending, money that goes right into the pockets of American industry.
    You say that they didn't do what they said they would do and then complain that they did what they said they would do.

  10. #40
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Survey’s surprising finding: tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims

    Is there a list showing the ranking of the all the targets of their survey.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •