Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 272

Thread: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

  1. #41
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    I could get gas to $2 a gallon in the US, I could do it within a few weeks instead of the years it would take Bachman to have any credible effort.

    If I ban approx 30% of the daily traffic. I could get gasoline down to $2 a gallon. Any attempt in trying to get gas down using supply will take years. Changing demand would be instantanous. Or If I dont want to ban driving, I could tank the economy. Causing 30% of the current drivers to stop driving. A third option is to revalue the USD. Have every current USD turned into to be replaced with 0.5 NUSD. A common thing in Banana republics
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  2. #42
    Advisor nijato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charm City, USA
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    417
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    declare the oil of the world to be American, ala Manifest Destiny.

    Been there, done that. It's called the Carter Doctrine.
    "A witty saying proves nothing." Voltaire

  3. #43
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Stop putting all the expensive, government mandated additives into it and stop making unleaded gasoline.
    I'm not a scientist, so correct me if I'm wrong, but would our cars run? You might get gas under $2, but making everybody buy new cars sounds like the cure being worse.

    Leaded gas has been largely phased out worldwide, mainly for environmental and safety reasons. This type of gas can cause damage to cars that were manufactured after 1975.

    Read more: Will Leaded Gas Damage My Car? | eHow.com Will Leaded Gas Damage My Car? | eHow.com
    Since most of us probably drive cars made after 1975, I think losing the unleaded would be a very bad idea.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #44
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You can prove that, right? There's evidence that there's no way it can happen?

    Whether there's any real proof that you're right, not; why not give it a shot? We've seen the effect that doing nothing has had on the price of gas.

    Again, think of the jobs.
    Yes, I do. PolitiFact Ohio | Sen. Rob Portman says easing access to drilling would immediately reduce dependence on foreign oil

    Not so fast, say the experts. Pretend that environmentalists dropped all objections to drilling for oil on the Outer Continental Shelf -- that area that lies offshore between statesí jurisdictions and the end of United States oceanic boundaries. Also pretend that the public decided its need for oil trumped what environmentalists see as the sanctity of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, or ANWR. Since weíre just pretending, everyone join in: Drill, baby, drill.

    Then wait.

    See ya around 2021.
    First thing to realize is that if the process started right here, it still would not be full production until after Bachmann left the presidency. But wait, there is more.

    The price differential, too, is misunderstood, she said. Thatís because gasoline prices are set on the global market, and as various studies have noted, OPEC and other foreign oil producers could cut back or respond in other ways to keep prices high. "So itís not going to have a major impact," Martin said. "Thereíll be a few pennies, but not major" savings.
    Oops. This is in fact what would happen. If we up production, OPEC and other oil exporting nations will simply reduce exports and the price stays about the same. They can easily afford to do it, and in fact it makes their supply last longer. OPEC is committed to keeping oil prices high, for their benefit. So in fact, no, Bachmann cannot get oil under 2 a gallon by drilling. So for your next wild claim that you will make without any backup sources and then expect those who say it's nonsense to prove?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    poor people get Medicaid. and its free.
    Medicaid raises the price of care. That will go to the products of others things they buy.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    if people don't pay for it through taxes or out of pocket, its free.

    this is not a difficult concept.
    But its not free as they are still paying for it. If it covered the costs completely your point would have legs, but it doesn't.

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, I do. PolitiFact Ohio | Sen. Rob Portman says easing access to drilling would immediately reduce dependence on foreign oil



    First thing to realize is that if the process started right here, it still would not be full production until after Bachmann left the presidency. But wait, there is more.



    Oops. This is in fact what would happen. If we up production, OPEC and other oil exporting nations will simply reduce exports and the price stays about the same. They can easily afford to do it, and in fact it makes their supply last longer. OPEC is committed to keeping oil prices high, for their benefit. So in fact, no, Bachmann cannot get oil under 2 a gallon by drilling. So for your next wild claim that you will make without any backup sources and then expect those who say it's nonsense to prove?
    Oh! Well! A politician said it, so. it. must. be. true! Tell me you have better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #48
    Advisor nijato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charm City, USA
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    417
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    ... stop making unleaded gasoline.
    <Shocked disbelief> Do you know what lead does to the developing human brain? If we need to cause brain damage to our children in order to keep driving our cars, we need to start riding bicycles.

    ... or is this a clever plot to make more future Bachmann voters?
    "A witty saying proves nothing." Voltaire

  9. #49
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh! Well! A politician said it, so. it. must. be. true! Tell me you have better than that.
    EIA - Impacts of Increased Access to Oil and Natural Gas Resources in the Lower 48 Federal Outer Continental Shelf

    And I note you still have not offered one tiny bit of proof that your plan would actually do any good. Keep up the good work!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #50
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by nijato View Post
    <Shocked disbelief> Do you know what lead does to the developing human brain? If we need to cause brain damage to our children in order to keep driving our cars, we need to start riding bicycles.

    ... or is this a clever plot to make more future Bachmann voters?
    OMG!! It'll be the end of the world!!!!! Just like Global Warming!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •