Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 272

Thread: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

  1. #91
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    As for the bold Im going to have to issue a skepticism smiley or two... and place some internet betting. :\ :S
    That's economics for you, a lot of educated guesses and betting on outcomes.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Really?? The president has done every thing that he could do to keep the USA from collapse, he saved wall street and the f----ng banks,he saved the auto industry and the 2 million jobs that it supports, he has saved jobs on the state level though the stimilus program and continued the Bush tax cuts which were the republicans cry for job creation. It's a miracle that he was able to accomplish what he has with the GOP trying to block him or undermine him at every turn.
    How soon they forget. Obama and the Dems had near 60% of the House and was just two shy of a supermajority in the Senate. The GOP had very little say in anything that got done in those first two years. The only reason they're back in power right now is because independent voters decided that "every thing Obama could do to keep the USA from collapse" was killing us.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Fair enough, I trust what you say.
    A wise man once said, "trust, but verify"

    Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

  4. #94
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    How soon they forget. Obama and the Dems had near 60% of the House and was just two shy of a supermajority in the Senate. The GOP had very little say in anything that got done in those first two years. The only reason they're back in power right now is because independent voters decided that "every thing Obama could do to keep the USA from collapse" was killing us.
    The reason that the GOP is back in power is that President Obama tried to hard to pacify a bunch of whining bought and paid for carpet baggers disguised as republicans

  5. #95
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    The reason that the GOP is back in power is that President Obama tried to hard to pacify a bunch of whining bought and paid for carpet baggers disguised as republicans
    ...and then there's what actually happpened.

  6. #96
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    ...and then there's what actually happpened.
    Which is what?

  7. #97
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Pfffffffffft.

    OPEC likes the fact that gas is as high as it is, and if they could have it their way, it'd be higher. They're never gonna let it go that low again.

    And if it did happen, we'd see a few investors doing the following thing.
    OPEC has not been able to manipulate the price of oil for a very long time.

    The only way Bachmann can do this is by going after the speculators and banning companies like Goldman Sachs in holding oil in big ass tankers who are sitting around doing nothing. And even then it probably wont be enough. But I am guessing she want to drill everywhere in the US... although that takes 5+ years minimum before any oil comes out of the ground... so yes she is an idiot.
    PeteEU

  8. #98
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Statements like this are what will assure we will never have a President Bachman

  9. #99
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    I saw this as oil as two dollars per barrel and thought Bachmann was really off her rockers right now, until I saw it as gas and thought 'Oh, it's just her old behavior'
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  10. #100
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Bachmann: I'll get gas under $2

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    A wise man once said, "trust, but verify"

    Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com
    Using that site, gas prices dropped from 4.17 to 1.46 in 4 months. It was indeed at 1.72 when he was elected.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •