Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

  1. #21
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Yes your right, but through your post I got the impression that you concur with Tessa No? If not I apologize for being a boob, actually I'll apologize in advance just in case.
    No I do not agree with Tessa.(and when I start, please just shoot me) And if you read Tessa's last post, it's pretty clear that's the case.

  2. #22
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    No I do not agree with Tessa.(and when I start, please just shoot me) And if you read Tessa's last post, it's pretty clear that's the case.
    LOL, OK I gotcha ya.

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Slight difference between misspeaking, and getting substantive facts wrong. It looks like Perry has admitted the mistake and it's a done deal now, but to attack those pointing out his mistake(this is why Perry has had to admit his mistake, and fact checking is a good thing), or dismissing it because another politician made a mistake too is silly.
    You mean, like when Obama said his uncle's unit liberated Auschwtiz? Those kinds of substantive facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #24
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Slight difference between misspeaking, and getting substantive facts wrong. It looks like Perry has admitted the mistake and it's a done deal now, but to attack those pointing out his mistake(this is why Perry has had to admit his mistake, and fact checking is a good thing), or dismissing it because another politician made a mistake too is silly.
    If he has said he made a mistake, he shouldn't have, because he didn't, at least not in the Waterloo speech. I can't find a transcript, but here is the video. He lists in his speech four points about the type of government he wants to install, with the third point being sensible and predictable regulation.

    Of the subject point, at 10:20, he says this:

    "Now you tell me if this is true or not, but one of my fellows just told me, he said that they're talking about a new regulation that if you drive a tractor from across one public road, you're going to have to have a commercial driver's license. Get outta here! You're kidding me? I mean what are they thinking?"
    FULL SPEECH: Rick Perry in Waterloo | The Right Scoop

    If this is the speech the blogger is referring to, he misled his readers. And Perry made no mistake.
    Last edited by LuckyDan; 08-17-11 at 12:34 AM.

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,324
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You mean, like when Obama said his uncle's unit liberated Auschwtiz? Those kinds of substantive facts?
    Similar, yes.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,324
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    If he has said he made a mistake, he shouldn't have, because he didn't, at least not in the Waterloo speech. I can't find a transcript, but here is the video. He lists in his speech four points about the type of government he wants to install, with the third point being sensible and predictable regulation.

    Of the subject point, at 10:20, he says this:



    FULL SPEECH: Rick Perry in Waterloo | The Right Scoop

    If this is the speech the blogger is referring to, he misled his readers. And Perry made no mistake.
    I posted the quote here in this thread.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I posted the quote here in this thread.
    Your quote is from the Soapbox speech at the Fair, on Monday, and it is accurate.

    Let me give you just a — this is such an obscene, crazy regulation. They want to make — if you are a tractor driver, if you drive your tractor across a public road, you are going to have to have a commercial driver's license. Now, how idiotic is that?
    Here is the next line, spoken as someone in the audience shouted twice, "That's not true!"

    Senator Grassley, last night, I said "Senator I heard that, in the last two days, that they were going to put that type of regulation in place," and your own US Senator, sitting right there at the table said, '"That's right." I said, 'What were they thinking Senator?" and he said, "They weren't."

    Rick Perry at The Des Moines Register soapbox | Video Library | Indianola Record Herald
    From there he went on to say the EPA is stifling energy production.

    In the first speech, he asked if it were true. In the second, he related that the Iowa Senator confirmed that yes, it was true. If it comes up in a third speech, there's either something to it, or he loves the riff and isn't letting it go. My guess is he'll find a better example of a dumbass regulation.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Disputatious71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,766
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So you spin this as if somehow it was equivalent to a campaign promise to somehow discredit Obama? Really? And you suggest I'm the apologist?

    Priceless.
    I am just saying the view is not always what it appears to be from that side of the fence, unless, of course, you are blind and never intend to leave your own yard.
    The question is more important than the answer!

  9. #29
    Sage
    Disputatious71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,766
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You mean, like when Obama said his uncle's unit liberated Auschwtiz? Those kinds of substantive facts?
    Lets not forget the Medal of Honor recipient Obama misspoke about giving the honor to posthumously, or was that also a substantive fact ? Not exactly presidential, maybe he should have a "fact checker" programmed into his teleprompter...
    The question is more important than the answer!

  10. #30
    Advisor DontDoIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois, Land of Liberals
    Last Seen
    11-22-15 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    391

    Re: Perry Points to ‘Idiotic’ U.S. Rule That Doesn’t Exist

    Coming first hand from from a farmer himself, our semis are now regulated much more thoroughly than before, I want to say it passed somewhere in the health care bill, don't quote me on that. But there use to be a seperation of expectations basically between commercial semis and small business semis such as farmers, but now theyre hammering us with fines that can easily add up tp $10,000, and have made it so we have to drug test all of our drivers, and basically register them, which is ignorant. Especially since between farmers its very easy for a truck driver to drive for 3 or 4 different farmers, sorry I went off topic a bit.
    "It is a sad day in society when people adjust the facts to fit their beliefs, rather than adjust their beliefs to fit the facts."
    Libertarian/Conservative/Christian Beliefs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •