Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 132

Thread: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government Spend

  1. #111
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government S

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Yes it does, when someone "pretends" they are intentionally putting on a false front.
    I see you're still ignoring the last defintion. That is a dishonest argument.


    Further your understanding and interpretation of my stance is false because of the incongruousness of the situations you are comparing.
    A subsidy for people with low income ≠ tax reduction for a profitable business
    Actually, it is the same. Money is fungible.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #112
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government S

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Yeah but the source youre using is using numbers and statistics to support certain memes. Its not inaccurate but the conclusions its drawing and its presentation are shaded to present a certain picture. They present themselves as an unbiased source but they are unmistakeably progressive in outlook and conclusions.
    IOW, "facts have a liberal bias" and it can be proven by the arguments the facts support
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government S

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Perry dont play games with me...with the conspiracy theory crap...no where did I mention conspiracies...

    Now explain it to me....aside from the arabs and the dirtbag traders gouging...
    You changed the arguement.

    Here is your original arguement.

    when big oil drives the prices sky high at the pump
    Now you are argueing that Arabs and Dirt bag traders are behind it. This isn't some minor difference.

    how does big oil break all profit records at the pump when usage is down if they arent GOUGING us and raising the price at the pump far above what a barrel and traders do....look perry ive been around too long to get bull****ted....every year in the spring most of my life big oil stuck it to us...and of course they blamed everyone else while breaking profit records...and for their gouging I get the privledge as a taxpayer to give them free tax money....No conspiracy...just the greed driven screwing of anyone and anyone for a buck
    And now you switch your arguement back to "big oil". There is no way to adequately address such a schizophrenic position. The oil companies will raise the price at the pumps quicker when oil goes up than they will lower it when it goes down, but it's not totally displaced from what the markets are doing.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government S

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Yeah but the source youre using is using numbers and statistics to support certain memes. Its not inaccurate but the conclusions its drawing and its presentation are shaded to present a certain picture. They present themselves as an unbiased source but they are unmistakeably progressive in outlook and conclusions.
    Doesn't matter at all. What matters is that the numbers are accurate. The poitn of contention here is what do we spend more money on. We spend more on corporate welfare, and many sources confirm that. Bias is largely irrelevent. Accuracy is almost always more important. And let's not tforget, it is even possible they are drawing proper conclusions. It is just as biased to ignore it out of hand because you hold a certain bias.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #115
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government S

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    You changed the arguement.

    Here is your original arguement.



    Now you are argueing that Arabs and Dirt bag traders are behind it. This isn't some minor difference.



    And now you switch your arguement back to "big oil". There is no way to adequately address such a schizophrenic position. The oil companies will raise the price at the pumps quicker when oil goes up than they will lower it when it goes down, but it's not totally displaced from what the markets are doing.
    Your argument is dishonest because there was no mention of a conspiracy. You just made it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #116
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,761

    Re: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government S

    .Fact: Spending for corporate welfare programs outweighs spending for low-income programs by more than three to one: $167 billion to $51.7 billion (source: Aid for Dependent Corporations, from the Corporate Welfare Project and How Much Do We Spend on Welfare?, from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, FY 95 figures)
    LOL FY 1995. Yeah, the facts are what they are, no agenda. Does that match with current budget numbers? Im betting it doesn't.

  7. #117
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government S

    -epic-fail-1307073072.jpg

    Down with the man, man.

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government S

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I've posted the links for you that shows the Tea Party is against corporate welfare. You aren't one to allow your bigotry to get in the way of facts are you?.
    Which major tea party elected officials - or even those who failed to get elected but were candidates - ran on a platform of ending corporate welfare?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #119
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government S

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    -epic-fail-1307073072.jpg

    Down with the man, man.
    I don't own an iPad. **** Apple.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #120
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Voters See These ‘Corporate Welfare’ Programs As A Good Place To Cut Government S

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I don't own an iPad. **** Apple.
    Oh! Then thank goodness the computer you ARE using isnt loaded full of software from some pig corporation!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •