Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 289

Thread: CAFE standards for big rigs.

  1. #61
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    So, you don't know the difference between a democracy and an authoritarian style of government?
    truthfully you can have a democracy that is also authortarian

    A constitutional republic with a strong bill of rights however is not generally compatable with authoritarian governments
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  2. #62
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    ... 2 is substantially lower than 33.3?

    edit: Oh, you meant percentage. You put the word percentage in the next sentence.

    That's what he meant, but that's not what he stated.

    So, to discuss the point he meant to make, I think it's an attainable goal at a reasonable cost. If you've got some industry experts with detailed numbers, I'm interested in seeing them. (not being an engineer and whatnot)
    I was just trying to see if you read my entire statements before responding. LOL! Yes, I was talking about percentage and, as I said, that is a huge jump percemtage-wise.

  3. #63
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    So, you don't know the difference between a democracy and an authoritarian style of government?
    First, we are not a democracy. Please read Federalist No. 10. Second, the definition I gave for authoritarian applies to the matter of C.A.F.E. standards.

  4. #64
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I was just trying to see if you read my entire statements before responding. LOL! Yes, I was talking about percentage and, as I said, that is a huge jump percemtage-wise.
    I did read the entire statement, but you didn't use the word "percentage" in the correct sentence so it was left ambiguous.

    You think it's a huge jump. I think it's doable. Never underestimate the cleverness of American innovation. Give them a target and they'll hit it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #65
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I did read the entire statement, but you didn't use the word "percentage" in the correct sentence so it was left ambiguous.

    You think it's a huge jump. I think it's doable. Never underestimate the cleverness of American innovation. Give them a target and they'll hit it.
    Give the tyrants enough power and they will crush anyone who doesn't do it. Whoopee!

  6. #66
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Give the tyrants enough power and they will crush anyone who doesn't do it. Whoopee!
    Your continued attempts to derail the discussion towards arguing over what constitutes "tyranny" is starting to seem... desperate.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #67
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Your continued attempts to derail the discussion towards arguing over what constitutes "tyranny" is starting to seem... desperate.
    That may be your conclusion, but you'd be wrong once again.

  8. #68
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    This is what I do for a living, and with the current CVSA and fuel prices we are already wacking the shippers with a 25 to 32 percent fuel surcharge, hazmat fee, residential fee, phone fee, appt. fee, tailgate fee, inside delivery fee, storage fee, wrong address fee and more. The reason being is that the government has over regulated our industry already, and the fuel prices have gone up. Also competitors are dropping out by the dozens(thousands) which enables us to dictate our prices.

  9. #69
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    That may be your conclusion, but you'd be wrong once again.
    I thought I was wrong once, but it turns out I was mistaken.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #70
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I thought I was wrong once, but it turns out I was mistaken.
    Okay dokey! LOL!

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •