Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 289

Thread: CAFE standards for big rigs.

  1. #211
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Bull****, you are thinking of someone else. Link to the supposed quote if you can.

    Your strawman is of no interest since the regulation only requires a 2 mpg increase over 7 years. It is was the point of the OP. Go back and check if you do not believe me.

    And you didn't answer my direct question regarding the OP, do you consider this technically feasible or not?
    Originally Posted by Catawba
    "Raising fuel economy by 10 miles per gallon nationwide will deliver real benefits. The Union of Concerned Scientists, for example, estimates that it will save 1.1 million barrels of oil per day in 2020--about half of what the United States imports from the Persian Gulf."


    You made the post, but it was not in the context Pzfk stated it was. You were refering to the link which was stating the benifits of an increase in CAFE standards by 10 mpg for cars and light trucks
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    First you need to know what the laws of physics are. It takes zero energy to keep 80,000 lbs moving once it is moving. Trucks spent most of the time just working against friction, tires and air. For years there have been new tires that have much lower friction per ton of load. The ‘new’ tires are wider and one replaces two of the old ones. You have probably seen them. The ‘new’ tires have been around for quite some time, but switching over will require I’ll do it if you do it which takes a very long time; or an external force, the Gov. Another thing about the new tires is that their center of load can be set to nearer the side of the vehicle. Axels have to be changed to allow this, but a more stable vehicle will result.
    “Zero energy to keep 80,000 lbs. moving once it’s moving” .JUST SHOOT ME! Good lord you book worms are freakin stupid. Sorry I try to be very polite in here but really. Maybe on the moon your comment would be accurate but in the REAL WORLD you have friction which you sort of addressed, wind resistance, hills and gravity. Get your face out of books out of the class room and into the real world. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHM You may have stroked me out.

  3. #213
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    “Zero energy to keep 80,000 lbs. moving once it’s moving” .JUST SHOOT ME! Good lord you book worms are freakin stupid. Sorry I try to be very polite in here but really. Maybe on the moon your comment would be accurate but in the REAL WORLD you have friction which you sort of addressed, wind resistance, hills and gravity. Get your face out of books out of the class room and into the real world. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHM You may have stroked me out.
    So, what you're saying is that he failed to account for friction when he specifically mentioned friction.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #214
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Originally Posted by Catawba
    "Raising fuel economy by 10 miles per gallon nationwide will deliver real benefits. The Union of Concerned Scientists, for example, estimates that it will save 1.1 million barrels of oil per day in 2020--about half of what the United States imports from the Persian Gulf."


    You made the post, but it was not in the context Pzfk stated it was. You were refering to the link which was stating the benifits of an increase in CAFE standards by 10 mpg for cars and light trucks
    Yes, thank you! I saw from your last post that Pzfk was referring to the source I cited regarding raising fuel economy by 10 mpg nationwide. Thanks for clearing that up. I knew I had never said that big rigs could increase by 10mpg.

    I can't imagine who would think though that it is not feasible to increase big trucks mileage by 2 mpg over the next 7 years.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    [QUOTE=Deuce;1059749030]So, what you're saying is that he failed to account for friction when he specifically mentioned friction.[/QUOTE

    You guys think im test tube terms, you have no concept of reality. I have driven log truck pulling 80,000 lbs up a 10% grade with the pedal to the metal, smoke billowing out, engine roaring, if you ever felt the power needed to do this through the seat of your pants you would not say the stupid things you do.

  6. #216
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You guys think im test tube terms, you have no concept of reality. I have driven log truck pulling 80,000 lbs up a 10% grade with the pedal to the metal, smoke billowing out, engine roaring, if you ever felt the power needed to do this through the seat of your pants you would not say the stupid things you do.
    Don't change the subject. You're accusing him of not accounting for friction and then saying he talked about friction.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Bull****!

    Your strawman is of no interest since the regulation only requires a 2 mpg increase over 7 years. It is was the point of the OP. Go back and check if you do not believe me.
    The link that I posted that leads to your quote, tells all the truth that needs to be told.
    YOU were talking about a +10MPG increase to 15MPG, which triples the current standard.
    Can you or can you not tell us how you -specifically- plan to triple the MPG of an 80,000lb vehicle?

  8. #218
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    The link that I posted that leads to your quote, tells all the truth that needs to be told.
    YOU were talking about a +10MPG increase to 15MPG, which triples the current standard.
    Can you or can you not tell us how you -specifically- plan to triple the MPG of an 80,000lb vehicle?
    No he was not, read the link he provided, it is not talking about tractor trailers but autos and light duty trucks
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  9. #219
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    The link that I posted that leads to your quote, tells all the truth that needs to be told.
    YOU were talking about a +10MPG increase to 15MPG, which triples the current standard.
    Can you or can you not tell us how you -specifically- plan to triple the MPG of an 80,000lb vehicle?
    LT explained to you the error you made in interpretation of the source I cited. Thank you again LT!

    Now getting back to the OP, do you think it is technologically feasible to increase the mileage for tractor trailers by 2 mpg over the next 7 years as the standard actually calls for?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: CAFE standards for big rigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Don't change the subject. You're accusing him of not accounting for friction and then saying he talked about friction.
    Subject is MPG standards for big rigs, my post specifically addresses that, your post tries to change the subject. Typical lib,you try to obfuscate and deflect from the real subject . You guys do this as you get painted into a corner by facts and logic, happens every time. You also try to bait people into some petty argument to change the subject, nice try I won't bite. Troll somewhere else.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •