Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81

Thread: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

  1. #61
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    And China needs to accept that when the U.S. government can no longer borrow anymore money then the U.S. government will have to start levying more taxes on the American people, which means that the American people will have less cash to buy shoddy cheap plastic crap that China manufactures with slave labor and exports to the U.S. which thus imperils the Chinese economy.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  2. #62
    Advisor GreenvilleGrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    My version of reality
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    566

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Was it not the actions of the "business community" that put us in this place to begin with? Oh wait, government wrote, issued, insured, and exported the toxic mortgages that infected the global financial system.
    I may be mis-reading you here, but you know that it was the government who wrote, issued, insured, and exported the toxic mortgages that infected the global financial system, right? Ever hear of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? The government set up a checklist of what mortgages they'd "guarantee". Yes, mortgage brokers and bank took the government backed mortgages to the masses as agents of the government, but normal businesses would never have made those loans. They were made because the government asked to have them made and set up a fund to fund them. Then, they were packaged together as if they were truly backed by the good 'ole USA and sold to investors. The problem was that the loans shouldn't have been made and the government didn't have the ability to back them when the bottom fell out.

    Many in Congress have never had any clue as to what it means to be financially responsible. Many want everyone to have everything they want even if they can't afford the payments. Sound familiar?
    Last edited by GreenvilleGrows; 08-30-11 at 11:51 AM.
    The US is an odd ship. The captain yells out when he sees obtacles , but 535 individual propellers do the steering.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    And China needs to accept that when the U.S. government can no longer borrow anymore money then the U.S. government will have to start levying more taxes on the American people, which means that the American people will have less cash to buy shoddy cheap plastic crap that China manufactures with slave labor and exports to the U.S. which thus imperils the Chinese economy.

    Actually higher taxes in the US might not effect Chinese manufacturing that much. With less to spend, the US consumer would be even more focused on price, and currently it is rather hard for US based manufacturing to compete with Chinese based manufacturing. Although with rising incomes and stricter environmental controls in China that is changing slowly. China is shutting down a fair number of chemical plants over environmental issues, raisiing the cost of agricultural chemicals
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  4. #64
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    I know you like to pretend that you're right all the time, but even when you pan greens tried to make this an issue through exaggeration and smears, it was a non-issue back in 2008 it's still a non-issue today and I've maintained that same line then and now - no one gives a flying **** of the teabagging silly birtherism.
    That you need to dig back to 2008 to present where I was presenting counter arguments towards you about the whole thing demonstrates exactly what I've been saying then and now, only you care. No one else does.
    I think it's pathetic that you pan greens are still playing the hate card, but again, that's all you guys got.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    You have been warned about this before.

    You are wrong. I have shown you to be wrong. You are wrong about so many things...
    Spare me the feigned outrage.
    So calling you by your own name 魯 is somehow insulting? Very demonstrative of someone who has lost, to start feigning victimization.

  5. #65
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    I know you like to pretend that you're right all the time, but even when you pan greens tried to make this an issue through exaggeration and smears, it was a non-issue back in 2008 it's still a non-issue today and I've maintained that same line then and now - no one gives a flying **** of the teabagging silly birtherism.
    Except that it is from a law that was passed by your KMT idols, is not not? So, it is ok for KMT politicians to break the law and commit fraud about it?

    That you need to dig back to 2008 to present where I was presenting counter arguments towards you about the whole thing demonstrates exactly what I've been saying then and now, only you care. No one else does.
    Actually, quite a lot of people in Taiwan cared (and still care) about this outright fraud conducted by this Chinese Nationalist Party former legislator. You were wrong about her citizenship status and now you are trying to deflect attention from it. You misstated on this thread that you mentioned nothing about it. All it displays is that you have a pattern of being wrong on such issues.

    I think it's pathetic that you pan greens are still playing the hate card, but again, that's all you guys got.
    Sorry, the hate and fear card are being played by the Chinese nationalist party now. Yeah, just ignore those Sino-centric racist statements by the president and other pro-China officials in the KMT.

    Spare me the feigned outrage.
    So calling you by your own name 魯 is somehow insulting? Very demonstrative of someone who has lost, to start feigning victimization.
    We are not friends. You know very well in China that simply stating someone's surname without some form of honorific is NOT customary and in some contexts can be insulting. I have told you before I don't want you to do it, and I am within my rights on this forum to insist on it...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #66
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Except that it is from a law that was passed by your KMT idols, is not not? So, it is ok for KMT politicians to break the law and commit fraud about it?
    My idols? Really desperate there dude. Tell you what, you want to go about this go right to them. I don't give a flying **** either way - she even resigned amid the baseless pointless accusations by you guys and you're so desperate that you're reaching back to an issue from 2 years ago? Fact of the matter is if were one of your pan green hypocrites and you wouldn't even give a peep.
    This is exactly why no one really cares about you guys anymore, all you have are racial hatred for the sole purpose of stoking anger among an ignorant populace that stubbornly clings to an era long gone.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Actually, quite a lot of people in Taiwan cared (and still care) about this outright fraud conducted by this Chinese Nationalist Party former legislator. You were wrong about her citizenship status and now you are trying to deflect attention from it. You misstated on this thread that you mentioned nothing about it. All it displays is that you have a pattern of being wrong on such issues.
    I was wrong?Where was I wrong?
    She didn't have dual citizenship, that's the reality - then you guys try to accuse her of fraud and corruption - which as the courts sided on her side with just only a few weeks ago she did not commit.
    I stated in this thread that I didn't mention it at all, not until you brought it up. That's exactly right, otherwise show me anywhere within this thread where I ever made mention of Ms. Lee until you brought her up?
    All this is is but a demonstration that you are great at tossing around baseless accusations.
    When you renounce your US citizenship then perhaps there might be something there, but all you have now is nothing but playing politics over sheer idiocy.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Sorry, the hate and fear card are being played by the Chinese nationalist party now. Yeah, just ignore those Sino-centric racist statements by the president and other pro-China officials in the KMT.
    Lol and you say you don't hate China?
    Tell us, just what "statements" did the president make that was racist? Point it out of the exact quote, not some bs implication that you are pulling form your ass. I want a direct quote.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    We are not friends. You know very well in China that simply stating someone's surname without some form of honorific is NOT customary and in some contexts can be insulting. I have told you before I don't want you to do it, and I am within my rights on this forum to insist on it...
    That's a total lie and you know it - all this is is but feigning outrage at it's worst.
    This is nothing but you trying to "get back" at me for where you intentionally omitted the j from my handle so as to insult without penalty only to receive notice that you could not do so, so you're cheaply trying to feign that you're outraged I'm using your self-chosen Chinese surname.
    So here you have a case where you're handle is the same phonetic as your Chinese name, which isn't even your real name on any documentation whatsoever other than the internet and you're here feigning outrage that someone is using your fake surname for the purpose of simplicity in a completely non-derogatory fashion?
    Rights? what rights? Where in the forum rules does it state one can not abbreviate? I do see where the rules state one can not insult, but not abbreviate?
    Cry me a river.

    But hey, thanks for openly admitting to the whole forum that the only reason that you are throwing a hissy fit about the abreviation of your handle to "lu" has nothing to do with any actual anger. But simply rather because of your distaste towards me because "we are not friends".
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 09-09-11 at 04:05 AM.

  7. #67
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    My idols? Really desperate there dude. Tell you what, you want to go about this go right to them. I don't give a flying **** either way - she even resigned amid the baseless pointless accusations by you guys and you're so desperate that you're reaching back to an issue from 2 years ago? Fact of the matter is if were one of your pan green hypocrites and you wouldn't even give a peep.
    Well, perhaps because you disappeared from here for so long. What pan-Green hypocrites are you talking about? Who illegally held office with dual citizenship? In fact, Diane Lee is the hypocrite... all along, she had dual citizenship and even conderned others for having exactly the same status while she was a Taipei city councilperson (illegally, I might add)

    This is exactly why no one really cares about you guys anymore, all you have are racial hatred for the sole purpose of stoking anger among an ignorant populace that stubbornly clings to an era long gone.
    Yeah, no one cares about the DPP. That is why the DPP has made electoral gains in several elections over the past three years.

    I was wrong?Where was I wrong?
    She didn't have dual citizenship, that's the reality - then you guys try to accuse her of fraud and corruption - which as the courts sided on her side with just only a few weeks ago she did not commit.
    Perhaps you should tell the writers of the pan-Blue China Post that.

    Quote Originally Posted by China Post
    It was the CEC's, the council's and the Legislative Yuan's responsibilities to discover Lee's double nationality, not Lee's responsibility to reveal it to them, the court ruled. If she was not required to notify the authorities of her U.S. citizenship, then she cannot be proved guilty for intentionally lying, the reasoning goes.
    Opps.... busted....

    She resigned after not being able to keep her promise to prove that she was not a dual citizen... then, her elected status was revoked...

    Quote Originally Posted by Taipei Times
    The Central Election Commission (CEC) last night decided to revoke former Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) legislator Diane Lees (李慶安) elected status both as a Taipei City councilor and as a legislator, after the US Department of State on Thursday confirmed that Lees US citizenship was still valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taipei Times
    Diane Lee promised in December that she would provide a legal document proving that she longer had US citizenship by the end of last month. However, she resigned as a legislator on Jan. 8 and failed to show any document supporting her claim by Jan. 31.
    You claimed she was not a dual citizen and you were wrong. Why can't you simply admit that fact...

    I stated in this thread that I didn't mention it at all, not until you brought it up. That's exactly right, otherwise show me anywhere within this thread where I ever made mention of Ms. Lee until you brought her up?
    You had talked about it at length in previous threads, which I linked earlier. You are wrong and you lied about it.

    All this is is but a demonstration that you are great at tossing around baseless accusations.
    Except that they weren't baseless; they were based on fact.

    When you renounce your US citizenship then perhaps there might be something there, but all you have now is nothing but playing politics over sheer idiocy.
    Why should I? I am not holding public office. Holding public office and being a dual citizen is illegal under laws based by your KMT buddies.

    Lol and you say you don't hate China?
    I hate the government of China, not the country. Most people are intelligent and mature enough to know the difference.

    Tell us, just what "statements" did the president make that was racist? Point it out of the exact quote, not some bs implication that you are pulling form your ass. I want a direct quote.
    Imagine if a U.S. politician made such a statement about blacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taipei Times
    In an attitude similar to the way white supremacists treat black Americans, during a Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) Central Standing Committee meeting last week, Ma said that Aborigines were not ready for autonomy, but added that they should be praised for their skills in the fields of sports and music.
    That's a total lie and you know it - all this is is but feigning outrage at it's worst.
    This is nothing but you trying to "get back" at me for where you intentionally omitted the j from my handle so as to insult without penalty only to receive notice that you could not do so, so you're cheaply trying to feign that you're outraged I'm using your self-chosen Chinese surname.
    When did I do that??? Care to link it?

    So here you have a case where you're handle is the same phonetic as your Chinese name, which isn't even your real name on any documentation whatsoever other than the internet and you're here feigning outrage that someone is using your fake surname for the purpose of simplicity in a completely non-derogatory fashion?
    Actually, it is my legal Chinese name in Taiwan and appears an every document I have here.

    Rights? what rights? Where in the forum rules does it state one can not abbreviate? I do see where the rules state one can not insult, but not abbreviate?
    Cry me a river.
    Perhaps you should talk to the mods about that.

    But hey, thanks for openly admitting to the whole forum that the only reason that you are throwing a hissy fit about the abreviation of your handle to "lu" has nothing to do with any actual anger. But simply rather because of your distaste towards me because "we are not friends".
    It is considered disrespectful without an appropriate honorific, and you know it... Mister 先生, Teacher 老師, Athlete 選手 or 高手 are all used quite commonly, but not simply the surname... and you know this...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #68
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I work in manufacturing, been doing so for the past 4 years.
    Keeping people employed in manufacturing is a problem, even during the recession and the stagnation following.

    We've had a 50% turnover rate for new employees on my line, when the rate of pay is higher than most anything in the surrounding area.
    People don't want to do it anymore.
    You also used to be able to earn an honest salary doing manufacturing jobs. Now you need two full time jobs just to support a family (and that's still eking by).
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  9. #69
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Well, perhaps because you disappeared from here for so long. What pan-Green hypocrites are you talking about? Who illegally held office with dual citizenship? In fact, Diane Lee is the hypocrite... all along, she had dual citizenship and even conderned others for having exactly the same status while she was a Taipei city councilperson (illegally, I might add)
    The only hypocrite here is you. that you have to dig up this age old nonsense goes to show just how desperate you are. You have nothing else better to talk about so you resort to something completely irrelevant to the topic. That I'd left the forum for such a long time and immediately after returning you have to bring up the same silly nonsense from so long ago goes to show just how desperate you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Yeah, no one cares about the DPP. That is why the DPP has made electoral gains in several elections over the past three years.
    When your party hit rock bottom because of your jailed corrupt leader Chen Shui Bian, then yes, the only direction left to go is up - especially when KMT incumbants have been either incompetent or corrupt.
    It means nothing of your rediculous agenda.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Perhaps you should tell the writers of the pan-Blue China Post that.
    You must think people are stupid and unable to read.
    It was the CEC's, the council's and the Legislative Yuan's responsibilities to discover Lee's double nationality, not Lee's responsibility to reveal it to them, the court ruled.
    That says nothing of her status, but rather if it was so, she had no obligation to reveal it - hence there was no criminal foul play at hand.
    Once more, you have nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Opps.... busted....
    How ironic that you're claiming someone else is busted when here you are caught red handed of taking a phrase out of context.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    She resigned after not being able to keep her promise to prove that she was not a dual citizen... then, her elected status was revoked...
    No, the burden or proof was not with her. It was the silly nonsense from you guys about it.
    $100 says you guys are going to do the same thing again with Pres. Ma on his re-election; Taiwanese Orly Taitz - except you aren't even Taiwanese.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    You claimed she was not a dual citizen and you were wrong. Why can't you simply admit that fact...
    US law does not recognize dual citizenship. That's US law. You hold office in a foreign country, you forfeit your citizenship.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    You had talked about it at length in previous threads, which I linked earlier. You are wrong and you lied about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Except that they weren't baseless; they were based on fact.
    Only in your hateful mind. It's 3 year old meaningless nonsense. Get the **** over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Why should I? I am not holding public office. Holding public office and being a dual citizen is illegal under laws based by your KMT buddies.
    I've told you before dude, unlike your feigned outrage, my family actually suffered under the KMT, so **** off about the KMT being my buddies. I'm loyal to no pan nor political party.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I hate the government of China, not the country. Most people are intelligent and mature enough to know the difference.
    most people recognize that a thriving China means a thriving populace which also typically means that the government that be would also be quite secure.
    You want the opposite, you're so filled with hatred that it doesn't matter to you of lives lost so long as you see the government toppled. Yet most chinese do not share your sentiments.
    What are you going to do lu? ride into Beijing guns ablaze screaming and hollering for a revolution?
    No, you want other's to put their lives on the line for your agenda.
    There's a word for people like you that starts with cow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Imagine if a U.S. politician made such a statement about blacks?
    And? so? Am I defending ma? nice straw man there.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    When did I do that??? Care to link it?
    Lol, it was never stated but interestingly how coincidentally you never bitched about it until after I reported you.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Actually, it is my legal Chinese name in Taiwan and appears an every document I have here.
    Then I have all the more right to use it.
    Just as you call Ma ying jiu, Ma, instead of his full name.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Perhaps you should talk to the mods about that.
    I have and it's not in the rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    It is considered disrespectful without an appropriate honorific, and you know it... Mister 先生, Teacher 老師, Athlete 選手 or 高手 are all used quite commonly, but not simply the surname... and you know this...
    So where is Ma's title? Why is the Taipei Times not using his full title? Again, spare me the feigned outrage, it's disgraceful and rediculous that you're trying to use people's lack of understanding for your own silly antics.
    Grow up dude.
    Last edited by jfuh; 09-14-11 at 10:45 PM.

  10. #70
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    The only hypocrite here is you. that you have to dig up this age old nonsense goes to show just how desperate you are. You have nothing else better to talk about so you resort to something completely irrelevant to the topic. That I'd left the forum for such a long time and immediately after returning you have to bring up the same silly nonsense from so long ago goes to show just how desperate you are.
    You mean "nonsense" that simply shows you have no credibility? And yes, it is relevant as it goes to show that on topics related to China and Blues, you have no credibility. And.. considering you have cited quotes from another website from even longer ago... your hypocrisy is clear for all to see.

    When your party hit rock bottom because of your jailed corrupt leader Chen Shui Bian, then yes, the only direction left to go is up - especially when KMT incumbants have been either incompetent or corrupt.
    I suppose you have forgotten that not only have gains been made, but that in the last election cycle in which everyone voted for county magistrates and municipal mayors, the DPP easily outpolled the KMT in terms of total popular votes.

    You must think people are stupid and unable to read.
    That says nothing of her status, but rather if it was so, she had no obligation to reveal it - hence there was no criminal foul play at hand.
    Once more, you have nothing.
    The case in question had nothing to do with her dual citizenship. It was about fraud. She has dual citizenship. This has been confirmed by the State Department. This case is about whose responsibility it is to uncover it and relates to her salary during the time she illegally held office.

    How ironic that you're claiming someone else is busted when here you are caught red handed of taking a phrase out of context.
    The only person taking anything out of context is you.

    No, the burden or proof was not with her. It was the silly nonsense from you guys about it.
    She violated the same law that she accused others of violating while she was a city councilor in Taipei. There is nothing silly about violating the law... unless the KMT is violating it, I suppose...

    $100 says you guys are going to do the same thing again with Pres. Ma on his re-election; Taiwanese Orly Taitz - except you aren't even Taiwanese.
    The KMT also plays the ethnic card and has for generations. Ma wasn't born in Taiwan. This is a well-known fact.

    US law does not recognize dual citizenship. That's US law. You hold office in a foreign country, you forfeit your citizenship.
    Wrong. Read heading 14 on the bottom of page 7 on your United States passport. Furthermore, the U.S. Department of State confirmed that she still holds U.S. citizenship -- which I have already linked and you misconstrued... again...

    Only in your hateful mind. It's 3 year old meaningless nonsense. Get the **** over it.
    It isn't meaningless except in the minds of the KMT and their supporters.

    I've told you before dude, unlike your feigned outrage, my family actually suffered under the KMT, so **** off about the KMT being my buddies. I'm loyal to no pan nor political party.
    This from someone who defends Ma, Lee, Chiu and other KMT stalwarts on every opportunity and attacks the greens. Anyone who reads your posts knows that what you say and reality are not one and the same.

    most people recognize that a thriving China means a thriving populace which also typically means that the government that be would also be quite secure. You want the opposite, you're so filled with hatred that it doesn't matter to you of lives lost so long as you see the government toppled. Yet most chinese do not share your sentiments.
    Taiwan is not part of China. China is the greatest threat to the freedoms the 23 million people in Taiwan enjoy today. That you support them shows that you do not have Taiwan's freedom and democracy at heart. As for freedoms in China, it is too bad you support thugs who violate basic rights that the people of China are entitled in accordance with conventions China is a signatory to.

    And? so? Am I defending ma? nice straw man there.
    You don't remember the thread you started praising his ascension to the presidency?

    Lol, it was never stated but interestingly how coincidentally you never bitched about it until after I reported you.
    Whatever... you didn't link the usage. I never called you Fuh on this forum.

    Then I have all the more right to use it.
    Just as you call Ma ying jiu, Ma, instead of his full name.
    I am not a public figure. President Ma is.

    I have and it's not in the rules.
    Read rule number 4. Study it. Live it.

    So where is Ma's title? Why is the Taipei Times not using his full title? Again, spare me the feigned outrage, it's disgraceful and rediculous that you're trying to use people's lack of understanding for your own silly antics.
    Grow up dude.
    President Ma is a public figure. And it is consistent with journalistic form. You are not a journalist and this is not a newspaper.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •