Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81

Thread: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

  1. #51
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    But the controlled nature of the Chinese currency then allowed it to become seriously undervalued, making their exports cheaper on the world market -- which could be considered an illegal state subsidy under WTO rules...
    Japanese join Swiss in push to devalue currency - Business News, Business - The Independent
    Do your broad strokes extend to all countries that "manipulate" their currency? Or only to those commies?

  2. #52
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Japanese join Swiss in push to devalue currency - Business News, Business - The Independent
    Do your broad strokes extend to all countries that "manipulate" their currency? Or only to those commies?
    Many countries "manipulate" currencies... some do it more than others...

    Nice to see our favorite red/blue apologist back... how's that search for Diane Lee's citizenship coming along??? You have no cred here...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  3. #53
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Many countries "manipulate" currencies... some do it more than others...

    Nice to see our favorite red/blue apologist back... how's that search for Diane Lee's citizenship coming along??? You have no cred here...
    Am I looking for Diane Lee's citizenship? Do I even care? You renounced your US citizenship yet lu? Certainly not up to your usual silly antics of putting words in people's mouths are you lu? This is the problem with you deep greens, this feigned hypocritical outrage over things that have absolutely no relevance whatsoever. But don't let that stop you from you silly apple daily tabloid headlines - that's about as academic and fact based as you guys ever seem to get - I think Taiwanese Tea party should suit you quite well, I suggest you go start it, afterall.

    But you still haven't answered the question at all - where's your feigned outrage at Japan that manipulated it's currency for 20 odd years?
    Where's your outrage at Sveeden?
    It's nothing but a double standard from you and I think by now, pretty much everyone on this forum and elsewhere know that about you.
    I am bemused though, you used to try to fake seeming objective, now you don't even try.
    Last edited by jfuh; 08-22-11 at 05:29 AM.

  4. #54
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Am I looking for Diane Lee's citizenship? Do I even care? You renounced your US citizenship yet lu?
    Have I ever served in a government post or elective office and then lied about my citizenship status?

    Certainly not up to your usual silly antics of putting words in people's mouths are you lu?
    And what words would those be?

    This is the problem with you deep greens, this feigned hypocritical outrage over things that have absolutely no relevance whatsoever. But don't let that stop you from you silly apple daily tabloid headlines - that's about as academic and fact based as you guys ever seem to get - I think Taiwanese Tea party should suit you quite well, I suggest you go start it, afterall.
    Apple Daily is green, now? Really?

    But you still haven't answered the question at all - where's your feigned outrage at Japan that manipulated it's currency for 20 odd years?
    The Japanese currency was allowed to float far more than the Chinese currency has. That currency has traded in a strict range as determined by the government. Huge difference.

    Where's your outrage at Sveeden?
    Same as above.

    It's nothing but a double standard from you and I think by now, pretty much everyone on this forum and elsewhere know that about you.
    I am bemused though, you used to try to fake seeming objective, now you don't even try.
    Most people who know about the subject would admit that Japan has manipulated its currency (as has Taiwan), but not nearly to the extant that China or Hong Kong has and certainly not now.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #55
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,263

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    as i said on another thread, fine. bring the manufacturing sector back to the states. then we won't have the need to borrow.

    trading our manufacturing sector for borrowing power and "cheap" goods has not worked.
    If you change the tax laws, they will come.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #56
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Have I ever served in a government post or elective office and then lied about my citizenship status?
    Have I ever commented on anything about Dianne Lee? You're the one with a bug up your ass about the whole situation that you have to put words in my mouth. So why the double standard? Taiwan doesn't need any more foreigners interfering in domestic affairs.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    And what words would those be?
    read above

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Apple Daily is green, now? Really?
    It's a tabloid

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    The Japanese currency was allowed to float far more than the Chinese currency has. That currency has traded in a strict range as determined by the government. Huge difference.
    You're the one who's insisting on WTO guidelines, manipulation is manipulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Same as above.
    Ditto

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Most people who know about the subject would admit that Japan has manipulated its currency (as has Taiwan), but not nearly to the extant that China or Hong Kong has and certainly not now.
    Bla bla bla, we get it, you hate China.

  7. #57
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Have I ever commented on anything about Dianne Lee? You're the one with a bug up your ass about the whole situation that you have to put words in my mouth. So why the double standard? Taiwan doesn't need any more foreigners interfering in domestic affairs.
    Yes, you did at length. And you were completely and totally wrong... like about everything else you post on here about our politics here.

    Bla bla bla, we get it, you hate China.
    Don't hate China, hate China's government. it is possible to hate the government without hating the country -- as any mature individual would understand...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #58
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Yes, you did at length. And you were completely and totally wrong... like about everything else you post on here about our politics here.
    Really? just what did I state about Dianne?
    Coming from you that I'm wrong is quite the complement. Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Don't hate China, hate China's government. it is possible to hate the government without hating the country -- as any mature individual would understand...
    Hahaha, sure you don't hate China, you hate everything relating to China, you hate the fact that the country you live in is the Republic of China, you hate that businesses do business in China and in turn make it a wealthy nation.
    Spare me the bull**** of you not hating china, every opportunity you get you bash China. Let me give you a little clue lu, no one other than you super dark greens give two ****s about China bashing. Prejudice, hate and ignorance is all that you have left to stoke elections.
    It's nice that Taiwan has come around today where the vast majority of people laugh and find despicable of hypocritical foreigners like yourself who would run away with your tail between your legs at the first sound of gun fire after your provocations

  9. #59
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    "Many countries "manipulate" currencies... some do it more than others..."

    For example a country with $14 Trillion might easilly manipulate to destruction a country whose total value was a few billion dollars or less. By the same token, a large "Corporation" with huge cash assetts could also manipulate to destruction a country whose total value was a few billion dollars or less. Many big "Corporate" banks control hundreds of billions of liquid assetts and it is good business to invest, "manipulate", where one's assetts are most effective from a profit perspective. SOP. And it is bad business.

  10. #60
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: CHINA: "America Needs To Accept The Painful Fact That The Good Old Days Are Over"

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Really? just what did I state about Dianne?
    ohh... here we go.... don't you hate the fact that DP archives everything...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...enship-13.html

    #125
    No, you never established any such in any thread, and just because you say so does not in any way mean that she has such citizenship. She'd renounced it ages ago and all the assertions are utter bull**** attempts to again play the lame "sell out" card.
    Funny how you are playing this card against a specious speculation when the "ambassador" to Japan during Chen's administration had and still has (no debate) a sakura card.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...enship-14.html

    #133
    Double standard hypocricy.
    First of she did renounce her US green card, you are bitching that she didn't submit the paper work for your inspection.
    Secondly, you can't argue for the "defacto ambassadors" standing on one simple basis. Why didn't he give up the sakura card under abian's presidency while serving as the freaking ambassador to Japan. Yeah I'm sure he really had the ROC's best interests in mind.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...enship-15.html

    #146
    Let me say it so it's perfectly clear. Diane Lee does not have dual citizenship. A defacto ambassador can not have a foreign resident card, in particular of the nation in which he is within.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...-taiwan-3.html

    #27
    She does not hold dual citizenship. You however do.
    As I said 1/3 of the populous of taiwan hold dual citizenships. But you are right for one thing, if it were a DPP I would be all over it, want to know why? Because for any pan green dpp to hold dual citizenship would be calling the pot black. Here is a crowd that emphasizes on island mentality, on the importance of being a native and yet they hold dual citizenship? Now what gives on that? Seems to be hypocritical to me. By the way where's abian's son in law these days?

    Coming from you that I'm wrong is quite the complement. Thanks


    Hahaha, sure you don't hate China, you hate everything relating to China, you hate the fact that the country you live in is the Republic of China, you hate that businesses do business in China and in turn make it a wealthy nation.
    Spare me the bull**** of you not hating china, every opportunity you get you bash China. Let me give you a little clue lu, no one other than you super dark greens give two ****s about China bashing. Prejudice, hate and ignorance is all that you have left to stoke elections.
    It's nice that Taiwan has come around today where the vast majority of people laugh and find despicable of hypocritical foreigners like yourself who would run away with your tail between your legs at the first sound of gun fire after your provocations
    You have been warned about this before.

    You are wrong. I have shown you to be wrong. You are wrong about so many things...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •